camp some things may break me } dizziness

Jan 7, 2024
I'VE LEARNED LOVE IS LIKE A BRICK — It was surprising that she hadn't noticed it sooner. Hadn't become aware of it right after the massive battle against the rogues, when her head had connected with ice and the world had forcibly spun like a top out of control. Back then she had barely managed to thrash away from her attacker, claws and teeth meeting fur and flesh as she had wrenched herself away from their grip and the darkness that they wanted to drag her down into. At the time she hadn't thought about the force of their blow, or what it may have knocked out of place. Swiftfire had just tasted blood in her mouth and known she needed to move - if not for her own sake, then for the sake of her clanmates that were fighting all around her. The former colonist knew well that she had been lucky to make it out alive, a target painted onto her back thanks to the cats that had led the rogues. A pair that she had once considered family, though that now felt so painfully far away.

When they had initially returned from the battle, she hadn't figured she had much reason to see Ravensong or Moonpaw. Her injuries weren't nearly as bad as the gashes she saw in the sides of some others, mere scratches that she could shrug off within a few days and likely without scarring. The impact to her head had felt distant, forgotten in the adrenaline that had spiked through her body. The only reminder of it then had been a dull throb near one of her ears, an ache that Swiftfire had been certain would go away with time. That she had been right about, though she evidently hadn't escaped totally unscathed.

She had been in camp when it happened, just emerging from the warriors' den when she heard the call for a hunting patrol from a nearby clanmate. Eager to go along, she had raised her voice and quickened her step, figuring she could enjoy a morning spent hooking her claws into scales. "Oh, I'll go along w--" The world began to spin before she could finish, a soft gasp leaving the warrior as her chin connected with the pebbly ground below her. Swiftfire wouldn't have been able to believe that she had tripped, if not for the way the world still swayed and dipped erratically around her. "Sorry, my head just hurts a bit..." Her words were gritted out to any concerned faces nearby, paws pressing against her skull as she closed her eyes for the moment. The spinning was beginning to make her nauseated, and the last thing she wanted was to get sick in front of everyone.

• 76635829_9N4qhCxavM25hPX.png
    shorthaired blue and red tabby chimera molly with green eyes
    40 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; currently not looking
    daughter of lilou and germaine
    formerly of the ripple colony; loyal to riverclan
    easy to befriend; desperate to improve the former colonists' reputation
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

。 ⋆🕷⋆ 。 At first glance, it is clumsiness which pounces upon Swiftfire's shoulders and forces her to the ground with a well-placed blow. Graceful they may be in the water, not all RiverClanners fare so well on soil, and there are days —shameful, rotten, unspeakable days— when Bogspider overcompensates for a current that does not exist and stumbles. But they always rise quickly, driven to their paws by embarrassment, and he expects Swiftfire to do the same, but the more heartbeats that pass with the green-eyed molly dirt-bound, the greater his concern.

It manifests in a frown and narrowed eyes. She has closed her own, grasping at her head as though clinging to driftwood in the swollen river. He is skeptical. Just a bit, she'd said, but would she be undone by something so trivial? No, no; he does not think so.

Counting his steps —habitual, instinctive— Bogspider moves to crouch beside her. "Medicine den," he says simply, his voice lower than a murmur. "Or bring it to you." Walking looks...beyond her, so his decision is made for him, it seems, and he continues counting his way to hopefully find Swiftfire a practiced paw.

//@Moonpaw :)
⸻⸻⸻ BOGSPIDER. FORMERLY BRIMESENT. HE / HIM & THEY / THEM. WARRIOR OF RIVERCLAN WITH KITTYPET BLOOD. THIRTY-SEVEN MOONS OLD. PINTEREST. PLAYLIST.
72188886_a58jinMVBTkTa3O.png
⸻  a tall torbie with perpetually disheveled, thick fur and mire-gold eyes. while slightly taller than average, he lacks a noticeable presence. they are a peripheral creature, and one that is quite rangy in build, as though a slim yet sturdy mangrove root has taken feline form. not unlike his namesake, he is capable of an eerie stillness waiting for just the right stimulus to strike.

Iciclefang is sprawled just outside the nursery, warming her belly in the newleaf sun, when she sees a patrol gathering to leave camp. Her paws itch, watching the warriors’ muscles ripple beneath their pelts, seeing the glow in their eyes as they anticipate the river encompassing them. She longs to push herself to her paws and join them, but her due date approaches, and she knows it will be many moons yet before she will officially be patrolling the wetlands again.

One of the ripple colonists streaks for the cats preparing to leave. Iciclefang narrows her eyes just a little. Swiftfire. She still can’t find it in her heart to entirely trust the molly, though to hear the others talk, she’d fought as hard as anyone else in the battle. The tortoiseshell queen watches with veiled blue eyes as Swiftfire stumbles and falls to the pebbly earth. Alarm spikes through her—but Bogspider is there first, urging Swiftfire to visit the medicine cat’s den.

She heaves herself to her paws and pads over, her expression a mask of neutrality. “Are you alright?” There’s no warmth in her tone, but there’s no ire, either. Like it or not, Smokestar had declared Swiftfire a Clanmate, and she was still a lead warrior of RiverClan, even with her swinging middle and stunted steps. She looks Swiftfire over, seeing nothing of concern. Perhaps Moonpaw will need to check her over after all.

• ooc:
  • image0.jpg
  • Iciclekit . Iciclepaw . Iciclefang, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 21 moons old, ages realistically on the 17th.
    — mentored by Smokestar ; mentoring Cicadapaw ; previously mentored n/a
    — riverclan lead warrior & queen. mudpelt x icesparkle, gen 2.
    — former mate to Stormywing ; current mate to no one.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh tortoiseshell and white she-cat with ice-blue eyes. confident, capable, proud, dry, conceited, condescending, distrustful.

I'VE LEARNED LOVE IS LIKE A BRICK — It was embarrassing, feeling the gaze of both Bogspider and especially Iciclefang on her as she laid sprawled out over the dirt. At least there wasn't hostility in the latter's voice, making Swiftfire feel the slightest bit better about slowly pushing herself into a sat-up position. "I was... I'm okay. Just dizzy. Dizzy and in pain." The throbbing in her head hadn't faded, if anything only protesting more at her sudden change in posture. Still, she refused to slump down back against the ground in front of her clanmates. "Really, I don't think bothering Moonpaw is ne-" The chimera didn't get the chance to finish, another heavy sting nearly knocking her back down onto her belly. It was even enough to prompt a long hiss of pain from her muzzle, only able to stop herself from shaking her head to prevent herself from becoming even more dizzy.

There was no way out of this one, not with two sets of eyes on her already and more beginning to turn in her direction thanks to the commotion. "Alright, I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong. I thought... I took a blow to the head, during the battle with the rogues. I didn't think it was anything major, but I guess I was wrong." Maybe that was what had been causing her fluctuating appetite as of late also, the knock of her head against the ice enough to knock the right processes out of place. Swiftfire had never heard about such a thing happening, sure, but that didn't mean it wasn't possible. She was far from a medicine cat, and hopefully Moonpaw would know much, much more than her.

• 76635829_9N4qhCxavM25hPX.png
    shorthaired blue and red tabby chimera molly with green eyes
    40 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; currently not looking
    daughter of lilou and germaine
    formerly of the ripple colony; loyal to riverclan
    easy to befriend; desperate to improve the former colonists' reputation
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed