private somebody like me, who wants to be something // scorchedmoon

IF ONLY I FELL FOR YOUR FICTION
TELL ME THINGS THAT CAN'T BE TRUE

maggotfur 12 moons female she/her shadowclan warrior

69089970_w0f4jlKnmfi9z6O.png
Maggotfur can no longer recall when it'd started, but at some point she'd found herself drifting towards scorchedmoon's existence. Perhaps, it'd started as an effort to distract herself from magpiepaw's absence, or perhaps he'd simply been the most tolerable of the lot she'd once shared a den with. Whatever the case, blue-tabby she-cat finds herself padding over yet again, thick double coat fluffed up against the biting leafbare chill. " Scorchedmoon - a bit on the nose, isn't it? " she drawls out, tone playful despite her frosty expression. Not that her name was any better - though looking back on it now, it'd been funny to see chilledstar stumble over themselves, trying to justify keeping the name her father had branded her with. She hadn't cared - but it was funny, to see them think she did. " How's it feel to be a warrior? " she tacks on, tail swishing as one ear flicks. Getting their warrior names - she'd thought it'd be... she's not sure what she'd thought. Maybe that it'd feel mor especial, like more of an achievement. It hadn't - her pride and joy dying down in only a matter of moments afterwards, her fire cooling to embers.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

F O O L M E O N C E T H A T S O N E T O O M A N Y

// @Scorchedmoon

Scorchedmoon finds himself oddly magnified by Maggotfur as well. Maybe it’s a sense of kinship there, as she seems to be just as ostracized as him, even amongst a sea of weirdos. He wouldn’t really interact with someone like her otherwise; she can be quite mean even if it seems like it’s not out of spite. Even so, she gets along with him fine enough, and any company is nice!

He raises his tail in greeting as the cat in question approaches him, happy to see her despite the chill in the air making standing around like this mildly uncomfortable. “Maggotfur! Yeah, it was an obvious choice, huh? But I like it. The moon is bright, and I like to think I am too.” His face lights up with a smile. ”Not like you have much room to talk! Yours is about as straightforward as possible. I think it’s lovely, though! Maggots might be looked upon with disgust, but they exist for a reason.”

He contemplates how becoming a warrior actually felt to him, but despite how excited he was initially, it’s not like much has changed. He has a bit more freedom now, sure, but that’s about it. Well, other than the obvious. “Fine, I guess? It’s not bad, but it’s not like anything exciting has happened. Other than…Granitepelt’s exile I guess.” Scorchedmoon cringes thinking too hard about that entire experience, but at least the thrill of the chase was exhilarating.​