SOMETHING OF BEAUTY & BEASTS | smog

DogTeeth

⛤ RIVER SIREN
Jul 23, 2022

The stones cradle the bank of the river, crunching noisily in song as blonde toes webbed for swimming travel across them with careless disturb. He was no land feline- that was sure in the awkward stumbles he had in the midst of his path. That and the darkness swallowed his senses and painted everything viridescent despite the silver of the moonlight.

The stars were as if pecked into the sky by the birds, the droplets of the river showering from the rings of fur along his ribs in short glistens of white. Blue eyes painted darkly but shimmering with nocturnal reflect as he pulled himself toward the warrior den. Everyone freshly settling in for the night with soft rustling of moss and murmurs of goodnight.

Smogbreath’s muzzle is one to behold, torn savagely and unmistakable in even the lowest of lights. That and intense amber eyes- he’s quite a terrifying sight to witness no matter how many times you look. Dogteeth freezes in place, head tilting a bit as he studies the warrior quietly at first before drawing a warm smile across his face in greeting. Ears flattening against his head as he steps forward carefully avoiding tales.

Poor dear- while Dog doesn’t know the scarred beast well, you can tell the man lived on edge. Caution and careful calculation always burrowed in their eyes and movements. Seemed to always tuck himself in a corner- and hardly ever spotted him eating. Ever since the day Smogbreath got sick in front of him, Dogteeth’s eyes gravitated toward him more and more. Now it was, a sort of- obsession. Not in the creepy way- just a desire to talk to him, now that things have- relatively calmed.

" psst. hey- you’re not too tired for a night swim?- Smogbreath " he whispers, the softness of his vocals allowing it to butterfly in a way. Dogteeth stumbles a bit and lands on the edge of Smog’s nest. " oops! - heh, fish out of water " he mutters and rights himself with big blue hopeful eyes turned up toward the dark short-fur.

" I- I’d really like to talk to you… and- I really want to- just… get to know you" he whispers in addition, slowly aiming a paw to rest on the warrior’s shoulder.

ooc& so sorry about length! and I hope this is okay <3 @SMOGBREATH
BIOGRAPHY——— ✧

With night coming he feels more at ease, more secure thanks to his dark colored pelt. His eyes are bright amongst the darkness as he starts to ease his way to his nest. It's tucked back in a discreet corner of camp, amongst the reeds where he can't bother anyone. Now a days he is very self conscious about how he looks, very unsure about approaching others given that...its scary. His face is mangled, teeth exposed and gums flashing. To be honest he is lucky. He didn't lose his eye, just his flesh. Still it makes him wonder how others see him. If he is a terrifying sight. He hardly goes around the kits for fear of scaring them. Brushing some of his feathers in his nest he begins to settle in for the night, tail curling as he lays down when a familiar figure catches his eyes. One he has seen around before, a sweet and gentle tom.

Dogteeth.

His whispered words make him a little shocked and truthfully after the other saw him upchuck he has been a little mortified. His weakness laid bare makes him slightly uneasy. Shuffling his paws a little he thinks anout it, this small offer of a midnight swim. It seems nice but he also has a vague fear. The water is so dark and what if something happens. The chocolate tom lives his life on what ifs and things that haven't happened yet. They bore into his mind, tangle and twist into his thoughts. Yet his muzzle opens, scarred flesh parting to give an answer. He needs to be more. "Yes, I'd lik-," Before he can finish the other is tripping.

It startles him and he reaches out as if he can help. He can't though but at least the soft moss of his nest caught him. He tries for a chuckle but it comes out so nervous. "At least your okay. I'd hate to see you hurt." He'd hate to see anyone hurt, it's obvious. He's showed it before. Focusing now he shifts his long legs against his nest as he looks into those wide blue eyes that stare at his face without so much as a flinch. Does he not frighten him? His works give him pause, surprise. He wants to talk to him and get to know him. It's so shocking. So different to hear. "You...me?" Words are lost and he furrows his brow lightly. But upon the touch against his shoulder he tenses up, muscles constricting and he pulls away. It's not him.

It's not.

He forces himself to relax, forced smile appearing on half a face. "Yeah, let's do that. I'm sure it'll be fun and we can, um, we can talk about things.." Get back on track, hide it. He pushes himself to his stilt like legs before shaking himself a little. Moss drops from his figure before the oriental steps from his nest. He glances at Dogteeth then, wondering. It's nothing though. Just an outing, something he has never done before this late at night.

-- sorry for late response, I didn't know the thread for made and then I slacked ;-;