SOMETHING SHINY (trinket)

The tortoiseshell weave along the border, staring into the twoleg gardens with great interest. She wants to venture into them, truly she does. Only...she hasn't quite gained the courage to do so yet. She knows it must be silly, a former kittypet being frightened of gardens. But she is so used to the shelter of the pine forest, the shade constantly cast over her back. To venture out into a wide, grassy expanse...no, she doesn't want to do it. The thought makes her shiver! So, she continues to pad along and continue her walk, tail flicking absentmindedly at her heels.

A small yelp escapes her as she feels something prod her paw and she flinches backwards, "injured" foot lifted to her chest in surprise. There, half-embedded in the ground, lies a shiny blue object. It is long and flat, with spines that protrude out like a porcupine's back. Blinking wide eyes at it, she slowly sets her paw back on the ground and leans down (with plenty of caution) to examine it. She's never seen anything like it! From a twoleg, no doubt. The shade of blue simply doesn't exist naturally in the forest.

The sound of pawsteps approaching as her lifting her head to meet the gazes of a SkyClan patrol. What timing! "Is it safe?" She mews, peering up at her clanmates as she crouches beside the strange object.

// She has found a blue plastic comb!

Silent among the ranks of the patrol, Twitchbolt cast a glance to the roofs of the two leg nests, piercing the horizon with their sharpness... his mind did not drift to the gardens but rather the monsters slumbering around the nests, likely providing protection like a camp's walls. Why else would one have trampled Blazestar so nonchalantly, those moons ago? They'd seen them as an intruder, and... had luckily only claimed the life of one who had a few to spare. That was his theory, anyways... and he was not inclined to test it.

Elsewhere, and yet- he shouldn't be. What point would worrying about beasts that slept miles away have? None, nothing... and that was when the monarch-patterned pelt of Butterflytuft faded into his view, crouched over something he'd never seen before, sunlight eyes set upon their patrol with an inquisitive lilt to her voice.

Ever the one to fret over catastrophe, he was perhaps not the wisest tom to ask about something unfamiliar on their territory. But this, it was... unnatural, strange looking, rang true of every danger he could think of. Toxic things were often bright colours, right? Bright red berries... blue, spiny things... "I'd- I'd guess not... it's got- got spikes." Intent on keeping his distance, Twitchbolt ragarded the thing with a considerable grimace set upon his face.
penned by pin ✧

The flora is soft under hard callused paws, the trot of a workhorse was the patrolling lead warrior as he weaves his way through the pines. Stopping to itch at the bark, pawing at it furiously and causing it to flake and dust before moving on.

Pausing himself around the corner of a cluster of brambles, Is it safe?. A question is raised by the curious tortoiseshell, two of the perhaps most timid creatures to ever exist in the one area why had the universe not imploded?

" just looks like twoleg rubbish. " Thistleback steps forward to sniff the oddly thin yet pronged plastic. It had that strange smell most twoleg things did, something the forest didn’t. Unanimated and plain, devoid of life and the breath of mother nature. Pulseless.

" Only eyes and flowers take that color. Anything else… belongs to the nofurs. We need a daylight warrior " Thistleback turns his chin toward the rest of the patrol.

• MqZ0nzd.png

Thirty-three moons EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    — Lead warrior of Skyclan since 12.22.22
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22 | polyamorous
    Father of Coyotepaw, Pricklepaw, and Eveningpaw.
    — mentoring quillpaw & Snowpaw
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
    OPEN for Dice battles | 🎲 stine#3004
  • bVBPWus.png

( )
“You called?” Alice says as she happens to be approaching the small group. Her eyes went to the familiar object. It was amusing when the cats of the forest were confused over two-leg items. Things that were so common and familiar to Alice. As she had always lived with two-legs and still did to this day. Spending only half her time with Skyclan.

“Oh this? It’s a tool that two-legs use to groom their fur on top of their heads. Seems they are opposed to using their own tongues.” she explains with ease. Proud of the information she possessed. “No need to fear it. Most of the two-legs toys are harmless. My twolegs leave things like this laying around all the time.”
( AND I BUILT A HOME, FOR YOU, FOR ME; UNTIL IT DISAPPEARED, FROM ME, FROM YOU )

QUILLSTRIKE-1.png

NOW IN ITS' PLACE IS SOMETHING NEW
I HEAR IT WHEN I LOOK AT YOU​

Quill had seen a lot of strange twoleg things in his time. While he'd never been a kittypet he'd lived in twoleg place for half of his life, and it was a pretty common thing to see discarded items littering the streets. Nine times out of ten if you left them alone there was nothing to worry about, and he nodded in affirmation of Thistles assessment. "Twolegs are always leaving their trash everywhere." he agreed, but he found it pretty helpful that Alice seemed able to identify the thing. Vaguely he wondered if the thing might be useful with Twitch. The other had some pretty unruly fur after all, but he quickly tossed the thought aside, unable to imagine the other tom letting the thing that close to him.

skyclan - male - 12 months - bisexual - homoromantic - single - very tall tabby tomcat with broad shoulders

Twitchbolt is able to voice her own thoughts perfectly. The spines on the object remind her of another animal that may use such tools to defend itself. Will the object do the same? Prick at any who tries to get close? She gulps and turns her gaze to Thistleback who confirms her suspicions that it is in fact an item that once belonged to twolegs. She peers back down at it just as Alice approaches. Her explanation fascinates the tortoiseshell, and she even says it's harmless! "Oh, wow," She murmurs in awe, once more reaching a paw out to prod it curiously. To groom their fur...how interesting! Though, entirely inefficient. She'll stick to her tongue. Still, she blinks back towards the other cats and gives a bashful grin, "Maybe I can take it back to show some of the kits?" Her question is mainly directed towards Thistleback, the highest ranked cat present.