private SOMETIMES LOVE, IT MAKES YOU CRAWL — SUN

──ᨒ↟↟ᨒ↟ᨒ↟↟ᨒ── The thought refuses to leave him that he might have been in Sootstar's place. It should not linger: what is done is done, what will be will be, and fate has decided all when they were born. And yet— why should it be his fate to fail the sick of WindClan? Has he not made his offerings to StarClan, to the spirits of old? Has he not fought for WindClan, provided for them? Has he not given his mate five strong, healthy kits?

A darkly jealous face behind his own demands that they leave, that he takes Sunstride and their children far from the grievances of the clans, that he name them in the manner he was once named. It tempts him, and yet he hesitates— and there is fate here, waiting, in whatever decision he makes, and if he seeks to deny it, defy it, would that not also be fate?

He is tired. He should celebrate his mate's deputyship, but when he seeks him at the edges of camp, such glee does not find a home in him. "Come, Sunstride," he rasps, and then moves beyond him through the tunnel leading out into the moors. "Let us find some quiet solace. I...am in need of your company."
border2.png
little_elli.png
WOLFSONG of WINDCLAN FORMER ROGUE TURNED MEDICINE CAT. 38 MOONS, HE/HIM, NPC X NPC. MATES WITH SUNSTRIDE (07/05/2023). BIOGRAPHY, PINTEREST, & PLAYLIST.
  • ★★★☆☆ WOUNDS: You're (mostly) in safe paws. You'll know if he's less experienced if he asks for your permission to try a treatment. No wound can scare him away from knowledge.
    ★★★☆☆ INFECTION: He can prevent most infections. If you feel feverish, let him know; he'll hum thoughtfully over herbs and sniff your wound before saying, "With your blessing..."
  • ★☆☆☆☆ ACHES & PAINS: If you complain to him of pain, he'll ask where. If it's a headache, you'll likely feel a bit better. For anything else, "Try this, if you'd like, and tell me how you feel."
    ★☆☆☆☆ BROKEN BONES: At best. he can ask you to remain lying down in the den. He may try to distract you with conversation while he considers what herb to feed you.
  • ★★★★★ TRAVELING HERBS: Going somewhere? No worries; Wolfsong knows just what you need to stay hale and healthy during your journey. The rest is up to you.
    ★★☆☆☆ KITTING: Thanks to Starlingheart, he's better prepared for the arrival of kits, but any complications will need a little faith and a lot of luck.
  • ★☆☆☆☆ POISONS: It's best if you avoid eating anything unfamiliar to you— it's probably just as unfamiliar to Wolfsong. The best he can do is offer you yarrow and sit with you.
    ★★☆☆☆ ILLNESS: If it's white or greencough, you'll likely recover. Otherwise, prepare for odd concoctions and the usual request that you consent to a little trial-and-error.

✦  .   ˚ .   To be called from his duties, if only for a moment, is a great relief. He follows his mate without worry or complaint. Truly, joy soars. Even still he is limited by the cloud that lingers above them both. There is much in this clan to mourn as of late. Still more that they must discuss. Between the rolling of kittens between their paws and the new duties both of them have yet to fully learn– he has not had the time as of late to seek the wisdom and clarity he once valued above all else.

Sunstride takes to WindClan better than Wolfsong ever would. That is both a predictable and terrible realization. He remembers how he had clung to the rules of this land so steadfastly that, in a moment he will now admit already tainted by desperate jealousy, he had thrown all that they had been back into the warrior's face. It was a testament to Wolfsong's endless grace that they had grown to be anything more than the ruin he created. Fate has plagued them both, and he has only just begun to slowly accept its place in his world. They could not fight what was the truth.

"I have missed this," he admits gently, some small distance from camp. He does not nose into his pelt the way he has begun to as of late. Instead there is a jostle– a closeness forged in fire, unlearned once, and slowly returned to him. Love comes in many shapes. The way he feels it for Wolfsong is all-encompassing. "I would not trade you for the world, yet I cannot help but miss the time of our youth. Things did not seem so complicated at the time. I wonder if it is growing up that troubles me, or..." something else entirely.
border2.png

• OOC.
  • ✦  .   ˚ .  SUNSTRIDE. FORMERLY SUNNVAR. HE - HIM - HIS OR THEY - THEM. DEPUTY OF WINDCLAN. 4 YEARS OLD. PENNED BY REVELATIONS.  —————————
    sunsquare2.png
    ——  a tall auburn tabby with thick fur and bright glacial eyes. sunstride is broad and bold– a creature standing above most of windclan, though not a beast beyond it, with fur that flames red and deepens to a burnt amber with every stripe. his eyes, in comparison, are a pale summer's blue, still as bold as the rest of them. he radiates confidence and self-assured authority.

✦ NPC x NPC. DECEASED MOTHER, ESTRANGED FATHER. NO LITTERMATES. MATE TO WOLFSONG. FATHER TO BEARKIT, SINGEDKIT, RIVEKIT, SUNLITKIT, AND FEATHERKIT ——
  • "speech"

• Love
Reactions: WOLFSONG
──ᨒ↟↟ᨒ↟ᨒ↟↟ᨒ── Wolfsong does mourn the days he was Sunstride's primary council. WindClan's hierarchy has usurped that sort of intimacy, even as they've been led to another. He is Sunstride's mate, and Sunstride is his own, but the decisions made are often at the behest of Sootstride, or the expected responsibilities of deputy. What counsel can Wolfsong give him? What choices can be made that are not sanctioned by Sootstar or an established tradition? Further still, he has his own duties, and Wolfsong does not complain of the burden— he only wishes for what he and Sunstride shared in their lives before WindClan.

It seems that his flame-burnished love may share the same yearning. "As have I," he confesses in kind. He smiles and jostles him in turn, swerving briefly into his path to catch his shoulder with his own. Then he turns his gaze skyward and nods with a gusty sigh. "You were always meant to be a leader, but I am proud of you all the same, even though I have...failed to show it." He sits, sweeping his tail to invite Sunstride to do the same. "I do not think it is age that burdens you. We have respect, authority, kits— all things we have dreamed of." And with each other, no less. "But our people suffer, our leader is driven to drastic measures, and a harsh leafbare faces us. We have everything we had wanted, yet our lives are just as they were before we left our mountains."
border2.png
little_elli.png
WOLFSONG of WINDCLAN FORMER ROGUE TURNED MEDICINE CAT. 38 MOONS, HE/HIM, NPC X NPC. MATES WITH SUNSTRIDE (07/05/2023). BIOGRAPHY, PINTEREST, & PLAYLIST.
  • ★★★☆☆ WOUNDS: You're (mostly) in safe paws. You'll know if he's less experienced if he asks for your permission to try a treatment. No wound can scare him away from knowledge.
    ★★★☆☆ INFECTION: He can prevent most infections. If you feel feverish, let him know; he'll hum thoughtfully over herbs and sniff your wound before saying, "With your blessing..."
  • ★☆☆☆☆ ACHES & PAINS: If you complain to him of pain, he'll ask where. If it's a headache, you'll likely feel a bit better. For anything else, "Try this, if you'd like, and tell me how you feel."
    ★☆☆☆☆ BROKEN BONES: At best. he can ask you to remain lying down in the den. He may try to distract you with conversation while he considers what herb to feed you.
  • ★★★★★ TRAVELING HERBS: Going somewhere? No worries; Wolfsong knows just what you need to stay hale and healthy during your journey. The rest is up to you.
    ★★☆☆☆ KITTING: Thanks to Starlingheart, he's better prepared for the arrival of kits, but any complications will need a little faith and a lot of luck.
  • ★☆☆☆☆ POISONS: It's best if you avoid eating anything unfamiliar to you— it's probably just as unfamiliar to Wolfsong. The best he can do is offer you yarrow and sit with you.
    ★★☆☆☆ ILLNESS: If it's white or greencough, you'll likely recover. Otherwise, prepare for odd concoctions and the usual request that you consent to a little trial-and-error.