private SOPHIE, WILL YOU BE MY ONE AND ONLY? ✦ MOONBEAM

n8PcEh6.png

I HEARD, I HEARD ACROSS THE MOONLIT SEA, THE OLD VOICE WARNING ME
jFAjt8v.png

࿐ ࿔*:・゚ — For once in her life throughout the moons that have gone by that felt too much to bare does the newly named warrior feel peaceful and happy, Beefang feels as if she's resting amongst the clouds that she found herself staring at during a few patrols. The feline that she rests beside reminds her of those clouds even if her coat isn't as plush yet she doesn't care at all, a soft breath draws itself from dark lips, and her eyes half-lidded taking in the sight of Moonbeam. The bicolored molly struggles with expressing her feelings, whether it be verbally or physically, but it easiest to let the words cascade from her jaws whenever she's near the other. Admittedly, Beefang had been so afraid of having nearly lost her just as her parents and the curly coated warrior couldn't stand to imagine such a world without her best friend at her side. It's enough for Beefang to lift her face from the shoulder of said friend as her mismatched gaze takes the sight of her and for just a heartbeat, the world stills and she can hear the way that her heart thumps loudly against her throat.

"Moon... Moonbeam," The words awkwardly stumble out from her parted maw knowing that the next words would sound stupid and would likely garner laughter from the medicine cat though she presses on, "I was... I was so afraid of losing you—" A pause before she swallows and her oriental ears press flat against her skull, "I still am. Afraid." Her ears and face burn knowing that such words would earn sneers from certain clanmates yet as she lays in the safety of the medicine den to spend some time with Moonbeam before setting off to go do her vigil. She wouldn't bother hiding these truthful words from her knowing that Moonbeam would never think her dumb, weak, or silly for her feelings. The river princess had lost so much... What she thought had been a strong foundation for her family turned out to be pillars of sand that crumbled underneath the weight of prickly star woven crowns. Beefang fears what may happen to Cicadaflight or Cricketchirp or even the rest of her kin, her mind dwelling on Shellpaw and Pebblepaw.

She could lose everyone she loved yet mulling it over several times, it's better to love than not. Even if the vulnerability and the potential loss of said love would sting, it would hurt, and leave a pit in her heart. It's a risk. Beefang had taken plenty of those when she had been younger until she wisened up and its then Bee realizes that her eyes sting, a single fat tear or two slipping down her freckled face. A snowy dipped paw rising to hastily wipe them away as she tries to hold down these feelings down as she glances to her other paw that had been draped around the pearly she-cat. "Moon..." The black smoke tries to collect her bearings and organize her thoughts as she faces a different fear but pushes further, "I... I really, really care about you." She winces inwardly at her own words and breathes out as she pushes her nose into the neck fluff that belongs to her, "And I'd hate if anything happened to you." The usual sharpness of her mismatched gaze completely missing as a soft paw brushes against the scars that covered the backside of her best friend.

iX2txuB.png

• WARRIOR SKILLSET;
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧ HUNTING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧ TRACKING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧ COMBAT
    ✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧ STEALTH
    ✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧ STRATEGY
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ SWIMMING
    ✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ CLIMBING
  • bKn8fx1.png
    a shorthaired black smoke molly w/low white and mismatched eyes
    oftentimes comes off as untrusting of those around her, closed off, and not the easiest to engage in conversation with, she's not easy to befriend. all her opinions are IC only.
    12 moons old; ages the 10th every month
    asexual homoromantic; currently interested in moonbeam
    currently mentoring...n/a
    firstborn daughter of cicadastar and smokestar
    sister of cicadaflight and cricketchirp
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

• Wow
Reactions: shellpaw
‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. She missed this, missed lying within a nest of moss and down surrounded by flowers curled within the crook of the newly dubbed Beefang's joints. Heads moving upon each other's heads, limbs tangling together as they both got as comfortable as possible in the odd way cats did for as long as there was a small bit of space within Moonbeam's nest it would eventually be filled not just by white fur but curled black until they took up every inch of the thing curled together to get a single moment of peace and tranquility within the bustling clan life. It never lasted long, one of them needing to go on patrol or something metaphorically or literally crashing through camp, but it had been missed all the same in that monster she'd been brought to, missed in the nights where then Beepaw was expected to sleep within the apprentice's den for fear of waking the sick, the injured, to train and prepare for assessment.

Eyes opened when the tug of patches of fur slightly weaved together from odd angles of lying down and movement pulled at her chest, looking towards Beefang as name was spoken. She couldn't help the soft hum of a question that left her throat when her attention had been gotten, orange eyes seeking out her friend's own mismatched hues before the words tumbled from the girl's maw and a soft frown would tug at the corners of her lips. "You won't lose me." It was quiet, the unspoken words of "I promise" left loose on her lips though burned within her eyes. It was a promise she could not make and she knew this, for though her heart yearned to make it and to let it be known her head knew that there was no guarantee that it would not be broken. Even the promise of StarClan was one that had broken, the all-knowing ancestors in the land where the dead rest in forests and rivers full of prey, where lovers were meant to reunite in death and leaders meant to watch over their clans upon death. Something had happened and they had no idea what it was, Cicadastar was not among the stars, so how could she promise something so big when the ones meant to be just as big were not able to keep their own promises that had been assumed, passed down through generations and shared within whispers in stories told by elders and queens to the clan's kits?

Tongue would carefully drag itself across Beefang's head then, ears pinned to her head for a moment before she did the impossible "I promise." Words often were lead with her heart around the other, muddled and mixed with the things she knew she should say instead for logical was what Moonbeam tried to be despite her heart yearning for so much. Tell the truth so that cats would trust her, tell them that they'll be dead because wounds couldn't be healed, that despite the fact they could not see them StarClan was real for she had seen them herself, she had heard their omens. For as much as she wanted to lead with her heart all the time it was not safe, for the heart promised things it could not fulfill such as healing a cat that would surely die or promising that she would never leave another when the life of a clan cat was not able to be predicted such as that. "Please don't be afraid of losing me, just as I cannot be afraid of losing you. We'll stick together so that it can't happen." Protect each other as they had imagined they would as kits, growing together to become the best warriors in all of RiverClan. Now though Moonbeam walked a different path she knew it could still be true, the warrior and the healer band together so that they may not lose each other as so many more before them had been lost.

They were silent for a few moments longer, the pale white medicine cat looking to Beefang as she noticed the tears roll down the other's face and just as she was about to reach out to wipe them away the black smoke lifted up her own paw to do so. The question of what was wrong in that moment hung in the air, silence stretched between the two as they simply looked towards each other - Beefang at Moonbeam's paw gently draped over with her own and Moonbeam at Beefang's face the best she could - before her name was spoken once more, a confession of care spoken to break the silence before head moved to the side and was pressed within the snow-colored moggie's chest and in that moment she realized just how quickly her heart was beating, moving even quicker at the realization that Beefang would likely be able to hear it at her position. She didn't notice the way paws gently touched at the scars on her back, overcome with the waves of emotions that crashed in her mind in that moment. "Oh Bee..." hushed words once more, voice cracking as the name left her lips in a lilted sigh.

"I care about you too, so much." It was then her own turn for tears pin-pricking the edges of her sun-colored eyes as head found itself resting on top of Beefang's for just a moment. "I don't want anything to happen to you, I don't know what I'd do." And it was the truth once more that broke free from her lips, tail curling over the new warrior's back before head turned so that foreheads pressed. "Promise me you won't go anywhere either, as I've promised you."

76807578_J7HAFb99CicY51c.png

• --
  • flesh wounds
    ꕥꕥ infections
    aches & pains
    ꕥꕥꕥ illness
    ꕥꕥꕥ breathing
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ traveling
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ broken bones
    kitting
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ poisons
  • SH white masking cinnamon torbie w/orange eyes & small ears
    13 moons old; ages the 17th every month
    homosexual homoromantic ; interested in beepaw & redacted
    currently mentoring none
    easy in combat unless in water, focuses on defensive tactics

n8PcEh6.png

I HEARD, I HEARD ACROSS THE MOONLIT SEA, THE OLD VOICE WARNING ME
jFAjt8v.png

࿐ ࿔*:・゚ — The words that slip from Moonbeam's mouth makes the younger molly stare in silence as uncertainty gnaws at the back of her mind and a part of her dares to ask how she could be so sure of that. That she wouldn't lose the only cat that provided her tranquility, she who managed to soothe the raging storms in her mind, and to silence the angry swarm of buzzing bees that wanted to inflict a pain that she's been familiar with most of her life. The words press at the roof of her mouth threatening to slip onto the tip of her tongue yet she manages to swallow them when the medicine cat promises Beefang that she wouldn't lose her. The newly made warrior's arm drapes around Moonbeam once more subconsciously as she keeps her bicolored gaze focused on the vibrant and warm amber pools that belonged to her best friend. Her best friend. Something about that itself makes her happy but bothers her all the same yet she can't put a paw on it instead melting under the touch of Moonbeam and basking in her glow, she outshines the moon itself. Her name is perfect, she's perfect in Beefang's eyes.

"Please don't be afraid of losing me, just as I cannot be afraid of losing you. We'll stick together so that it can't happen."

Her words continue to soothe her and her soft voice manages to silence any doubts that had pressed at the front of her mind, Beefang simply remains silent before offering a slight dip of her helm in agreement. She'd do anything to ensure that nothing awful happened to Moonbeam again even if... Even if it meant committing acts that would Starclan would frown upon, she pushes the morbid thoughts away so that she may focus on the ivory molly. "I won't... I'll stick close to you as you always have." An unspoken promise only to sigh quietly feeling Moon's head rest upon her own as she continues to speak and her ears twitch when her loved one's voice cracks with emotion. Beefang closing her eyes to enjoy the way that their bodies were intertwined together as if they were meant to be at one another's sides since the beginning. Mismatched pools fluttering once when she feels Moonbeam's forehead pressed against her own, Beefang forgetting how to breathe altogether with how close they were.

"Promise me you won't go anywhere either, as I've promised you."

She remains silent for a few heartbeats as her own heart drums in her ears and she could swear that it felt like it was going to leap right out of her chest. A faint smile pulling at the sides of her mouth, eyes semi-closing as she continues to lay there, and she struggles to push the words out until they tumble out not as gracefully said as Moonbeam "I promise." Beefang meant it... It would take an entire group of cats or pack of hounds to attempt and pry her away from Moon. Her Moon. For what is a night sky with stars without her Moon? Nothing, bleak, and not living. She makes everything so much easier and Beefang could unwind to be herself in front of her, her true self.

Her vigil would be soon but she doesn't wish to think of it now or let alone budge from where she's comfortably nestled beside Moonbeam. The faint smile turns to a bigger one that hasn't been seen in moons not since she had been a lot younger and at the start of her apprenticeship, Beefang murmurs quietly "We need to make your nest bigger," She watches the others expression carefully for another moment and takes in the sight of her, how beautiful she is... And how daft she had been to just realize it now. "I don't mind this at all, really, I don't." Her heart is practically hammering in her chest now as she closes her jaws once more feeling her face growing completely hot.

"But I think it'd be comfortable for the... Both of us," Beefang states in a softer voice that she isn't used to and her voice cracks, she clears her throat as her ears angle forward to become more attentive of Moon's eyes and expression. It makes her ponder what she's thinking or how she's feeling about this all. "Especially if I plan to stay here... Every night." Just as Cicadastar and Smokethroat then had shared a den together, of course, it would be the same just without the kittens. She didn't care for them so long as she had Moonbeam and that she's happy. So long as they had each other and their promises.

"I—" Beefang stops once more when hear voice threatens to crack once more and she clears her throat before she finally says with confidence, "I love you, Moonbeam."

iX2txuB.png

• WARRIOR SKILLSET;
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧ HUNTING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧ TRACKING
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧ COMBAT
    ✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧ STEALTH
    ✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧ STRATEGY
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ SWIMMING
    ✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ CLIMBING
  • bKn8fx1.png
    a shorthaired black smoke molly w/low white and mismatched eyes
    oftentimes comes off as untrusting of those around her, closed off, and not the easiest to engage in conversation with, she's not easy to befriend. all her opinions are IC only.
    12 moons old; ages the 10th every month
    asexual homoromantic; currently interested in moonbeam
    currently mentoring...n/a
    firstborn daughter of cicadastar and smokestar
    sister of cicadaflight and cricketchirp
    peaceful powerplay allowed

• Love
Reactions: lavs and antlers
‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. Heartbeats intertwine as they sit pressed together, the promise of sticking close and that Beefang would never leave her as so many had done before them. Though they could not be fully fulfilled she knew there was a part of her that knew that it was true in a sense. If one were to leave the other too soon she knew that they would watch over each other, protect each other the best that they could despite the faults within StarClan's own territories. A heavy sigh left the medicine cat as soon as promises were tied together, relief and the letting go of a breath she'd not realized was being held before they simply lie there in comfort for a few moments longer.

We need to make your nest bigger.

The words catch her off guard and pale moggie finds herself leaning back, looking to where she can to see her nest before continuation of words catch her ears and she'd simply look to Beefang in confusion as voice continued, eyes softening as realization slowly began to dawn on her. "Every night." She'd echo almost silently before those tears that had threatened to fall before finally did so. They were happy tears, ones followed by a large smile as words reached her ears once more. I love you, Moonbeam.

Almost as quickly as they were said she found her face moving forward once more to brush against Beefang's. "I love you too, Beefang." She was elated, and the second the warrior would move to sit vigil she vowed to begin the work on her - no, their - nest, to make it bigger, to make it perfect.

76807578_J7HAFb99CicY51c.png

• --
  • flesh wounds
    ꕥꕥ infections
    aches & pains
    ꕥꕥꕥ illness
    ꕥꕥꕥ breathing
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ traveling
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ broken bones
    kitting
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ poisons
  • SH white masking cinnamon torbie w/orange eyes & small ears