camp SPEAK TO ME IN THE BACK SEAT [ moving dens ]

Jun 11, 2023

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Thirteen warriors. Thirteen. That was a staggering number of them moving out of the apprentice's den and into the warriors den. He had waited until the major bustle of other apprentices had found their new moss-homes in the warrior's den, but then it was Falcongaze's turn. New moss clutched inbetween his teeth, flowers from Lupinep- Lupinesong carefully settled upon his back, his feather from Greeneyes tucked into his fur. Ears perked as he pushed his head into the warrior's den.

And inwardly, he groaned.

It was packed. Full of warriors. Maybe he'd have better luck sleeping like how he heard Windclanners do, but he doesn't know. Eyes shifted, hoping to find Lupinesong with a plan already in place, perhaps a place picked for the both of them to sleep, though maybe he'd have better luck not pushing that issue. Inwardly, underneath the fear of having to be cold in the months coming later that year, he was excited to be here. It means he had kind of succeeded within it all.
  • "speech"
  • DnLL8mM.png
  • FALCONPAW 🌧 he/him, apprentice of skyclan, thirteen moons.
    LH chocolate lynx point with deep blue eyes, and a long scar on his left cheek down under his jawline. pushes his 'hair' back. very long legged, half oriental moggie.
    mentored by greeneyes / / mentoring no one
    padding after lupinepaw / / brother to spottedpaw and sagepaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

"Have you picked out a spot?" Owlheart asked as she approached the entrance to the warriors den. While she had wanted to also avoid the major bulk of hustle and bustle from her fellow newly named warriors picking out spots for their new nests she ended up joining them in the end. The realisation that Oddpaw wasn't going to be joining them had settled in, she already missed the feeling of curling up together in their shared nest. She didn't think that she would be able to handle not being close to Crowsight as well. That had been what pushed her past the uncomfortable dance of weaving through pre established nests and discussions with others about where they were moving to.

She had managed to pick out somewhere that had enough space for both of her nest and Crowsight's own nests to be near each other if he wanted that. That was the reward for enduring the rush she supposed, she had returned with more moss to finish her building when she noticed Falcongaze. "It's pretty cramped." There was a beat before she added "Do you think there's going to be a second warriors den at this rate?" She hadn't made an effort to get to know Falcongaze but he seemed nice. The conversation was partly to ease her own nerves, moving was frying her nerves and she got chatty when nervous. Which was strange since she was usually so quiet.

Though he’d been named a warrior and full member of Skyclan, Eggshellbloom wasn’t moving nests. The ‘daylight’ tacked at the beginning of his title meant the Scottish Fold would be sleeping in the same darkened den as always. Though, as a folded-eared frame poked into the packed den, the boy was inwardly thankful of that fact.

“I - uh - I b-brought some moss for anyone who - who needs it…” Eggshellbloom mumbled to no one in particular, dumping a small pile of the stuff where it would be easily accessible. Though, looking at everyone else, there seemed to be no need. Still, the ball of nerves wanted to be of use, ingratiating himself with those that were now peers on paper.

Busied blinkers swiveled towards Owlheart as she spoke, almost replying to the question before saving himself from embarrassment as Eggshellbloom realized he wasn’t the target. “It - It’ll be nice when it’s - y’know, when it’s c-cold, at least…” The butter-stained boy added, trying to keep things positive (even if inwardly he was worried cats suffocating one another in their sleep).

“Maybe…Maybe we can p-put some of the over - the overflow into Orangestar’s d-den…” the Dark Forest must have frozen over, because the perpetually-petrified kittypet had just attempted to make a joke.​

Howlfire could remember when she first moved into the warrior's den. Although excited to have earned her place with her warrior peers, she had been struck by how strange it had felt. She had not known where to place her nest and worried about overstepping somehow, even though she doubted any of the warriors would have really turfed her out had she messed up.

Howlfire watches with an amused twinkle as Falcongaze, Owlheart, and Eggshellbloom mulling over where to put their nests. "Think you three picked the best time to move dens, it is bound to get crowded soon with all you new warriors," Howlfire mused, padding over to join her new warrior kin. Her amber eyes move to Owlheart briefly, amused at the thought that she also considered there being a second warrior's den. "I think it's more likely this den will get expanded," Howlfire offered as her own answer. "A very big expansion I suspect."

STILL DON'T KNOW MY NAME

an expansion of the warriors den? not a bad idea. i could sneak riiiight in and finish what i've started before anyone would even have a chance to notice you're bleeding out in your shiny new nest, warrior. drowsynose drops his nest with a tense look in his eyes. he winces, pushing his ears back before just shaking his head. he's fine. he's fine. one sheep. two sheep. three. he's fine. with a few breaths in and out, the new warrior twitches his nose in thought. his gaze moves over for a moment before he just moves to pull his next in an empty space near the entrance. he couldn't sleep too much nowadays and he just wanted to be able to leave if he needed to. UT was rather crowded already, so they really would need to expand it out.

"won't be too bad. right? y-yeah... more space for more warriors. that's i-it."

It was difficult not to give and ask Owlheart to share a nest with him. Even then it wouldn't be enough, there would be a hole in his heart that would be filled when Oddpaw was with them. For her it was the same, after all they'd talked about. Talked about how they wouldn't be sharing a nest until Oddpaw became a warrior and all of them could finally be together. I miss you. Hazel eyes gaze longingly towards the exit of the warriors den. What he wouldn't give be with all of them, but he needed to be patient. A sigh leaves his maw as he forces himself to look for some spot in the cramped warriors den to put his nest. I take up a lot of space. He picked up his nest and headed to Owlheart, listening to the conversation about building another warrior's den or expanding it.

when he reaches his partner, he drops his nest and turns his attention to Howlfire and Drowsynose. "I hope Orangestar orders an expansion before the next moon because we'll only be getting more warriors. Greenleaf is coming and if we're all cramped in this den, it's only going to be painfully warm in here." I don't want to be all sweaty and gross for moons. It's bad enough in Greenleaf. Ugh, curse my fur! Then he turns to Owlheart. She doesn't need to look hard to see that there is longing. "I'll put my nest close to yours. Have you found a spot yet?"
EpC61GT.png
  • — crowsight / skyclan warrior / masculine pronouns / 12 moons
    — undecided / polyamorous / padding after oddpaw and owlheart
    — long haired black smoke with hazel eyes and polydactyly
    — may powerplay minor harm / can powerplay healing
    biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by velou

Wasn't like they were gonna be spending many nights in this camp anyways... but it was a bit of a nervous insecurity that encouraged them to peek in and stand around with their peers as they settled into taking their spots. Would... Cherryblossom make her nest a little wider for nights Edenberry could stay the night? Would Orangestar tell them not to bother trying, that the overcrowding meant daylight warriors were a burden again like they had been in the winter- allowed to hunt but not to eat what they caught.

Falcongaze is adorned in gifts of congratulations... Crowsight coos at Owlheart so obviously it's a miracle no one stopped right there to gag at the subtle affections of 'putting nests close.' It's... odd... the weird isolated feeling that bubbles in their chest to know they are adjacent to but... not the same as their friends. It's shoved aside briskly... ignored as best they can. It's meant to be a good time... a celebratory one.

"Ought to just share a nest instead... save some space," they tease, glancing towards the two chattering in the corner about where to settle down before lingering on Falcongaze... He too could cuddle up close to Lupinesong, couldn't he? Seemed... maybe they were the abysmal partner, to abandon Cherryblossom's side each night.

"Might just have to sleep out there under the stars... like WindClan does. At least until there's more room."

• -- edenberry / skyclan daylight warrior / any pronouns / 12 moons
    -- mostly white with black pinstripe and green eyes / scarred face and back
    -- color #728c69​

*+:。.。 I wonder if dad would've let me build a next beside him if I had the chance an unwelcome buzz in his ear that he tries to flick away, an awful, unhelpful thought like a single fly among cheerily buzzing bees. Tawnyclaw keeps himself comfortably on the outskirts of the conversation, leaning against the den entrance with sparkling, amused, too-green hazel eyes. "Way ahead of you Eden,' he mews, letting out a chuckle, "I'm sleeping in my favorite tree tonight. I'd rather avoid the little 'possum pile you all have going on here" He couldn't say he envied any of the couples, cramped and tangled among themselves - how did none of them feel bothered by the sweat, and- ah,
yikes, the flies are talking again, aren't then?

Glancing curiously over at Howlfire, Tawnyclaw would ask, "How would an expansion work, exactly?"

• GENERAL:
    Tawnyclaw
    DFAB— He/Him — Unsure
    12 moons — Ages 1 moon every month 28th
    Skyclan — Warrior
    Son of Orangestar and Ashenclaw
    Brother to Cherryblossom, Eggbounce, Glimmersun and Owlheart

COMBAT:
    Physically hard | mentally medium
    Attack in bold #bf8924
    injuries: None currently
[/COLOR]​

Silversmoke, socially maladroit and treating personal space as a demand, wished he'd considered sooner just how cramped thirteen new warriors would make their homes. Curled in his nest as the new warriors began deciding where to put their things, the tom's fur bristled on instinct whenever one would cast a glance in his general direction, oblivious to the way his hair stood at the thought of another's den way too close to his own. Expansion wasn't a suggestion, it was a requirement, one he could only hope that Orangestar approved of before the sun cooked them to death in their bramble bush oven. "We can claw at the walls to make them thinner and open up space for you lot," he suggested, blinking rapidly at the thought as his stare settled between Tawnyclaw and Howlfire. The thought of sleeping out in the open like WindClan rats had crossed his mind, but there was a vulnerability that came with it that made him hesitant. He'd rather not get caught off guard by a badger or owl. "Or... we can make some more walls. Or, we can take space from another den that isn't being used as much. There are many ways we could expand, it's just about what Orangestar approves of."

Crowsight's words about the rapidly approaching greenleaf and the promise of more new warriors makes Howlfire nod her head. Even thinking of how warm it might become with all these new bodies in here, she shudders, of half a mind to start doing something now to alleviate that future strain. Tawnyclaw asked her what exactly a possible expansion would entail, but she is beaten to the response by Silversmoke.

"Like Silversmoke said, it's really dependant on what Orangestar wants," Howlfire mewed. "Makes more sense to add more walls or open it up though if you ask me."

✧ . This is the part he’s been dreading since they’d all become apprentices, when he’d hardly been in the warrior’s den for a season himself. While he’s excited for them all, while he’s proud of Falcongaze and his peers — there’s a lot of them. And the warrior’s den can only hold so many.

We should’ve had you all rebuild the warrior’s den for your assessments! “ he teases the first group of new warriors to appear, a soft laugh sent toward his first apprentice and his friends. “ Well… At least you get first pick, yeah? The outer edges are your best bet, I think. “ A flick of his tail motions to the edges of the warrior den, hoping the lot of them manage to find some place to settle.​
EpC61GT.png
  • 74596946_rY2pLJ2YZGmQ0CI.png
    GREENEYES AMAB. He / Him. Lead Warrior of SkyClan.
    ✧ . A red tabby and white tom with bright green eyes.
    ✧ . Daisyflight x Raven Ramble
    ✧ . Mentored by Sheepcurl ; Former mentor to Falcongaze
    ✧ . Peaceful and healing powerplay permitted!
    ✧ . Penned by Abri@_abri_ on discord, feel free to dm for plots!
    ✧ . " Speech " ; Attack