stardust crusader ★ leaving

————————————————————⊰★★★⊱———————————————————

"-so I'll be remaining in my twoleg nest now." She finished explaining to the daylighter who had asked, smiling as she shuffled in place and readjusted her hat atop her head to make the journey back home. "She hasn't been feeling well, some kind of cough? I don't know if she's gone to her medicine cat...erm-medicine twoleg yet to see it, but it worries me. So I want to stay nearby."
It wasn't forever, it certainly wouldn't change how she felt about the clan or how the clan felt about her - she hoped, but no matter what any cat might say her twoleg was her family and she was worried about her. "Spicepaw and Edenberry will keep coming, of course! If they want, but I'm sure they do! Can keep the cat out of the SkyClan but can't keep the SkyClan out of the cat!" Hazelbeam gave a light chuckle as she raised a paw to her maw and then dropped it with a stomp in thought, "I'll send them with the treats I promised the kits." She can already hear the thoughts of a select few, mocking her for choosing her twoleg over the clan, further emphasizing their crude ideals that a cat can not keep a paw in both worlds, but this was hardly a decision being made of permenance. Hazelbeam intended to return, when her twoleg was well and not as present at the home and she would not notice all three of her cats gone. Two was manageable anyways, but all of them? She'd definetly notice. This allowed her little sisters the chance to continue without worry and also she could make sure the windows were left cracked open for them to get back in.

• Ooc- Moving some cats to the backburner for now so Hazelbeam is going to be staying with her twoleg again for a bit as I sort my muse issues! <3 She may visit occasionally later and may/may not rejoin fully when I find motivation for her!

• 75204766_i8QXUtYv5cuKxDF.png
    Hazelbeam
    —⊰⋅ Daylight Warrior of SkyClan
    —⊰⋅ She/Her
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ SH Black/Blue Chimera w/blue eyes
    - Does NOT wear her witch hat while hunting or on patrol.

• Sad
Reactions: mercibun

Figfeather is shocked to hear that Hazelbeam will be returning to her twoleg- for the time being. She doesn’t understand even faintly what it’d be like to care for a twoleg. She’s been introduced to Fantastream’s several times and has even been petted, yet still she struggled to feel the connection Fantastream had- or that her kits even now held for the twolegs and their kit.

To be frank, as much as she respects their daylight warriors she disagrees with the choice Hazelbeam is making. She made a vow to protect and defend SkyClan at the cost of her life, how was that to be done if she wasn’t going to be here? Her eyes scan the clearing for Orangestar, curious to hear if she’s heard and approved of this. Nonetheless she tries to be understanding, even if she felt a little frustrated Hazelbeam was ‘walking out’ at such a dire time… No cat knew what the shadow over the sun meant just yet- but she was convinced it was nothing good.

She wouldn’t be the one to start trouble though. She doesn’t wish that, for SkyClan or for Hazelbeam. ”I hope things improve and we’ll see you back soon.” Figfeather meows, offering a faint smile to the hat-wearing feline.
  • » Figfeather
    » SkyClan Warrior
    » She/her . AMAB
    » Mate to Fantastream
    » Sire to Sangriakit & Coffeekit
    » Mentoring Wolfpaw
    » A red tabby she-cat with a mangled leg.
    » ”Speech”thoughtsattack
  • » A foe in battle whose ability to strategize can shift tides.
    » Excels in strategizing and pre-planning her battles.
    » Fights defensively and to aid her clan to victory.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

john3.webp

MY WORLDS ON FIRE, HOW 'BOUT YOURS?
THAT'S THE WAY I LIKE IT AND I NEVER GET BORED."

Johnny would be a liar if he said he wasn't sad to hear that Hazelbeam wouldn't be around anymore. Not only was she a valuable warrior and asset to the clan, but it would feel a little more lonelier with one less daylight warrior around. He hoped that she was right about Edenberry and Spicepaw wanting to stay, and that Hazelbeam herself would find her way back to Skyclan again. He couldn't imagine a decision like this one had been made lightly, and their twoleg must be in a rough way if it was bad enough that Hazel didn't want to leave them. "Your Skyclan, through and through, Hazelbeam. Make sure you visit, and when your twolegs finally up and about I hope we'll see you again." Johnnyflame replied as he made his way over. "Thank you- for all the time you did give to the clan."

Because cats like him, and Hazelbeam had come to Skyclan with no stake in any of it. They had homes and twolegs that loved them, had another place they could be if they wanted to. But instead they chose to contribute and work, to pour their blood, sweat, and tears into it even though they lacked the roots and history of the full-time warriors. Every patrol Hazel had gone on, every piece of prey she'd contributed to the pile; all of it was more than Skyclan would have had without her. Without any of the daylight warriors.

Even if she chose to step away now, it didn't undo all the good and effort she'd given the. Not in Johnnys eyes, at least.

john33.webp

✧ . As Greeneyes listens to Hazelbeam speak, the lead warrior can’t help but feel a bit saddened by her departure. With the position the daylight warrior is in one that he’ll never fully comprehend with his own heritage and his own experiences with twolegs, he thinks he can understand the decision she’s made.

It’ll be sad to see her go, but from what he understands, a twoleg is sort of like… a piece of a daylight warrior’s family. If something were to happen to Greeneyes’ kin, he’d want to make sure they were healing. He’d want to do everything he could to make things better himself.

That doesn’t discount Edenberry and Spicepaw’s decision to stay, and the duo’s decision doesn’t discount Hazelbeam’s decision either. The eldest of the trio has served the clan well in her time here. It must’ve been difficult, to make such a choice.

Yes, thank you — and… best of luck to you and your twoleg, Hazelbeam. “ Greeneyes echoes Johnnystorm’s sentiment and shares his own well wishes with a dip of his head, before managing a smile toward the black and blue feline, “ You’ll be missed around here, you know! “ ​
EpC61GT.png
  • 74596946_rY2pLJ2YZGmQ0CI.png
    GREENEYES AMAB. He / Him. Lead Warrior of SkyClan.
    ✧ . A red tabby and white tom with bright green eyes.
    ✧ . Daisyflight x Raven Ramble
    ✧ . Mentored by Sheepcurl ; Former mentor to Falcongaze
    ✧ . Peaceful and healing powerplay permitted!
    ✧ . Penned by Abri@_abri_ on discord, feel free to dm for plots!
    ✧ . " Speech " ; Attack

A cough. Hadn't yellowcough been brought to the clans by a coughing daylight warrior? So the rumors went. They plagued each clan as quickly as the disease had. Could a twoleg pass on their illness to cats? There was a daylight warrior who died, one among the first. Cherryblossom can't remember her name through the blur of moons between now and her death. She had only been a moon or two into her apprenticeship when it all happened. The calico, hovering at Figfeather's side, gives her chest a lick. The scars at her sides tingle.

Lemonade eyes settle on the brim of Hazelbeam's hat, watching the yellow shapes sway as she adjusts it. "You better not keep Edenberry there," she meows, somewhat accustory beneath the humor. Why anyone would care so much for a twoleg is fathomless to her, but daylight warriors were always a special breed. Something needed to keep their strange nest intact, and that wouldn't happen if her twoleg was dead. "Don't come back if you're sick." Her eyes narrow.

That was almost all the bases for goodbyes covered. "Goodbye. Thanks for your service." Cherryblossom tries not to sound too sardonic. It's genuine, and she offers a polite smile. Then it turns a little devious. "Hopefully you can still find some elders to, like, cozy up with one day." Truly, she enjoyed Hazelbeam's company. While they'd never been personal, the older molly's whimsy and wit were always entertaining. Too bad Slate and Silversmoke weren't here to make some closing remarks.​

This is not news to Spicepaw. They've all watched their twoleg rest in her nest, cough up a storm and drink more water than the rives can hold. And yet, as Hazelbeam makes her decision clear to the rest of the Clan, the apprentice can't help but feel a little saddened by the notion. They'll see each other every night and every morning, and any day Spicepaw decides to stay home and rest... and for the time being, that should be enough.

"Don't eat all of the food while you're home," she says as she approached her sister, bumping her shoulder into the other's. She'll miss their daily walks back and forth, but their relationship should not change beyond that. Hopefully, at least. "I'll see you tonight," Spicepaw finishes before stepping aside and allowing Hazelbeam to leave.​