stargazing — mothsqueak

DOVEPAW!

never give up 09/18/23
Feb 21, 2023
.you want a battle ———

doveshine_posting_template_photo._1.jpg

——— i'll give you war.
———————— ————————
THE FRECKLED FELINE SHUFFLED, BLINKING OWLISHLY UP AT the night sky with a giddy expression. His willowy tail lay, curled loosely around his paws while thoughts swirled a mile a minute. He had always been fascinated with the brilliant specks above them, shining down with their luminescent light. Dove had always been a curious cat which often got him into more trouble than he liked.

The black-and-white brute shuffled, ears tilting with a curious chirp. “Do you ever wonder how they’re made?” He mused. “Oh! Oh! Do you think they’ll ever—” He paused, head cocked, mulling over what he wanted to say. “Do you think they’ll lose their brightness? Would it be because we forgot about them?” He rambled. “T, That’s sad to think about. I hope no one forgets about me!” I doubt anyone would remember me. He thought with a frown, worrying his bottom lip between his canines. I’m nothing special.

The freckled tom glanced over at the warrior with a sheepish expression. “S, Sorry! I, I didn’t m, mean to r, ramble!”

@Mothsqueak!

thoughts speech

Squeak Squeak

The way the stars glittered at night was always something that amazed the young warrior, her head lifted to the night sky wondering how many were there before the chirp of Dovepaw's voice fixated her attention to the apprentice while the tip of her tail twitch as she thought upon what the other said.

"I-I don't t-think I e-ever saw a s-star lose i-its brighnes..." she said softly before glancing back at the sky examining each star that they could see, trying to spot if one had lost its brightness while Dovepaw continued with his ramblings, she looked down at at him with a warm smile. "I-I'm sure w-we'll remember y-you" she promised the other before softly chuckling and shaking her head.

"N-no w-worries, f-feel free to r-ramble all you w-want" the warrior said warmly before settling herself in the long grass while the new-leaf breeze brushed against her fur while her bead lifted once more to the sky. "B-besides, I-I think w-what you s-said w-was i-interesting, s-so f-feel free to talk m-more on it" she placed in, encouraging the other to allow their own thoughts to roam while they gazed at the twinkling small lights, though she knew that eventually they would have to head back to camp before anyone noticed the two were gone.
"speak""Thoughts"

.you want a battle ———

doveshine_posting_template_photo._1.jpg

——— i'll give you war.
———————— ————————
GRINNING BASHFULLY AT THE COMMENT, THE FRECKLED TOM BOBBED his head in timid acknowledgment. He always got wrapped up in his own head sometimes that Dove forgot he was with someone, embarrassing himself further.

“H, Huh?” Owlish hues stared wide at the warrior, maw parted in shock. He didn’t think anyone was interested in them. Of course, Dove never outright asked, so how could he assume? The tom shuffled, paws kneading the ground. “... T, Thank you.” The freckled apprentice wasn’t sure what he was thanking the warrior for, but he appreciated her presence, especially when his motor mouth.

Blue optics stared up at the night sky, observing the flecks of light with a curious tilt of his head. “I h, hope that n, never happens.” He hummed with a tilt of his head, owlish optics staring at the vast sky. “Do .. Do you t, think there’s a .. a star for everyone?” Dove had always wondered that.

Did only certain cats get their very own star? Did they share? Did the leaders get different colored stars? Or were they all the same? No .. I couldn’t really tell the difference even if there were certain colors. I can’t be sure. Not really. But it doesn’t hurt to ask!

Dove blinked, maw snapping just with an embarrassed trill, not realizing he’d been speaking his thoughts out loud. “O, Oh .. I thought I was in my head.” He mumbled. He grinned sheepishly, freckled cheeks crinkling with the movement, shuffling his paws. “S, Sorry!”

Oh. No that’s not right—”Sorry! I k, know you said I d, didn’t—” He rambled, slapping a paw over his mouth with an embarrassed whine before he said anything else. Me and my motor mouth.

thoughts speech