staring at the ceiling .. crafting

// takes place in the forest still!!

Now as they entered the thick of the forest, still hardly an end in sight, Hazecloud had felt useless in any sense of providing food or protection. Her paws were put to better use clearing makeshift camps where they stopped for the night and sniffing about for the occasional herb for Magiepiepaw's stores. However, she noticed the need for cobwebs to cover her wounds had become less and less urgent. The apprentice hardly needed to do more than check for infection, but even if the covering was obvious to wounds underneath she felt safer under its illusion. No one could see the damage talons had done to a pretty face, where skin had torn and fur would never grow again.

As she moved to drag moss off of some exposed roots some sap had caught into her fur, followed with it attaching to some stray leaves and dust. Hazecloud huffed, shaking it off but the sap was relentlessly sticky. A small, silty puddle had offered to loosen some of the debris that had stuck to her, and as she attempted to lick away the rest of what remained an idea popped itself in her head.

With the work of some fresh maple leaves and the remaining sap, Hazecloud worked to create her own harmless bandaging. Not useful for much other than shielding away the sight of the fresh scars across her left side, but that was all she needed. The clouded puddle beside her wasn't very useful for a reflection. The forests canopy didn't let in enough light and even then the overcast of clouds worked against her. She felt around with her paw, trying to smooth down the edges of the leaves though they looked a bit awkward.

"Come on... just work?" She muttered under her breath as she worked blind.

Sharppaw had energy. And that— that was unfamiliar to her. Pawpads tingling, any dense of duty, duty past what she has been told to do, what she is expected to do. Sharppaw is doing what she wants to do. Which is— to live, to make it home, to be something, not the too - old apprentice dead to the grip of talons. She is reunited with the group, following the fox's outburst— and perhaps this is worse, worse because of just how useless she was in this too - thick forest. Sharppaw is wandering aimlessly, and it seems many of the others were doing the same.

It is easy to watch cats more closesly than you are meant to, when you're the same color as the spots the sun did not touch. Dappled light is not enough to hide her so completely. But her paws are aching, and her tongue is loose. She would not just silently watch. Crunching steps announce his presence, he watches the RiverClan warrior cover up his scars. They had almost been matching. " Trying to take Magpiepaw's job? " Not an actual question, obviously. Is it an attempt at lightheartedness? He is not even sure himself. His voice is too used to be grave, it takes poorly to light tones.
EpC61GT.png

• cvFSgho.png

• ( IS THAT NOT BRAVE ENOUGH FOR YOU? ) SHARPPAW: Mentored by Smogmaw
    —— he / she , no pref , icked by they prns ; fine with gendered terms ( tom, molly, etc... )
    —— currently 15 moons old. warrior ceremony delayed due to lackluster progress.

a dark smoke feline that stands at an above average height. Easily identifiable by her namesake – an unruly mat of fur, destined to be cluttered by inconsistencies between her chimera fur. Burdened with a broken tail. Recently, she has realized it can still function, though she has wholly believed in its utter uselessness for so long that it cannot without great effort. Anxious, antisocial, paranoid. Sharppaw has not known peace for a single time in his life, and lives anticipating inevitable dangers to the detriment of herself and others.
    Obsessed with the perceived 'game' within ShadowClan, the rules of which she is unaware of. Striving to be someone more likeable due to this.
    heavy ic opinions! he sucks.

anger makes you stupid . stupid gets you killed .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
He’d empathize with the feline, stuck in a forest so dense he could barely see his tail in front of his muzzle, relyin’ on cats to provide food and protection wasn’t a simple thing to give up. Duskpool knew the feelin’ all too well with a bum shoulder, immobile and stiffer than a damn log.

Glancing at Sharppaw’s direction, Duskpool hummed, letting a gaze shift to the struggling RiverClanner. “Need some help with that, kid?” He wasn’t doin’ much anyway. Better to keep his paws busy than out walkin’ like some deranged beast on the prowl. “An extra paw can’t hurt.”
thought speech

"You know, Duskpool," he begins casually, walking up upon the small group with a forced lightheartedness to him (he doesn't quite feel it, though if that is for the wounds they all carried or the sudden pressure of doom upon his shoulders), "I've always wondered why you insist on calling everyone that. As if you're so old yourself." Maybe he just couldn't be sure if Hazecloud wasn't somehow older. Was he older? Looking upon the scarred tom, Honeyjaw couldn't quite tell. Doesn't matter, anyway. That line of thought was nothing more than a poor distraction to keep him from thinking too hard on this horrible time ahead of them.

Nudging into Sharppaw's shoulder in a light camaraderie, he moves away from the weight and on towards more prevalent issues. Red-orange leaves stuck to marred fur. "That won't be fun to clean later," he observes gently.
border2.png

• OOC.
  • ✦  .   ˚ .  HONEYJAW. HE - HIM. WARRIOR OF SHADOWCLAN. ADOPTIVE FATHER TO DRAGONFLYPAW. PENNED BY REVELATIONS. —————————————
    ——  a short-furred dark chocolate point tom with the smallest splashes of white on his forehead, front paws, and tail tip. well-built, but overall average in size and unremarkable aside from his lightly curled ears and the magnetism of his smile. seems to show signs of aging earlier than expected with a salt-and-pepper dusting.
    ✦ NOTICE honeyjaw is currently on the journey and will not be active outside of retro threads, or finishing those he had previously posted in! please message me on discord for plots or interactions between journey cats.
  • "speech"

A sideways glance is sent toward the overgrown apprentice, unsure what her intentions are with her statement. Is it playful? Or condescending at her attempt to remain vain? She hasn't spoken enough with Sharp-paw to truly know, but, Hazecloud figured remaining neutral wouldn't do any harm. She knew ShadowClanners tended to speak dry sarcasm much more fluently than herself, anyhow.

"Maybe, if I knew what maple leaves did." Hazecloud's tone is just as varied as his, shifting her focus back to the murky water. She was so involved in her reflection she didn't notice Duskpool was talking to her until the silence stretched on and Sharp-paw had stayed quiet. Was he calling her a child?

"I'd say I'm not even a full four seasons younger than you, Duskpool, but I agree it might be more useful than looking around in the dark." She lifted her head to face him, pushing forward the cluttered leafy debris. None of it really looked promising for her little project. A tom with a white-peppered muzzle joined in with his Clanmate- Honeyjaw, she remembered. He was a bit like Fallinglight sometimes, except his jokes and teasing were actually funny.

"I can't keep wasting cobwebs to cover these... stains on my face. Have a better idea than sap and leaves? I think I might take anything at this point." Maybe fish scales would work nicely when they returned home.