private STARLIGHT ZONE \ bigfang

Mar 15, 2024

Though he had been there when she had first arrived in ThunderClan, helping their beloved leader return home, Thundergleam had found that since then she had not managed to interact with Bigfang very much... at least, not one-on-one. He seemed to keep largely to himself, and as Thundergleam busied herself checking in with every Clanmate as a bee did with a nest of flowers, she often only noticed his quiet presence after a little while. Today, though- she was determined to change that.

The light was beginning to dim- night would soon approach, and dusk was beginning to peek over the horizon, closing in slowly and stealthily upon them. A squirrel clasped in smiling jaws, she beelined for him- in a straight line she strode, clear and confident in the silken manner she always managed. Gently placing the squirrel at his paws, she asked softly, "Share with me?" There was no better way to get to know a Clanmate than to share a meal with them, after all! She recalled many of Father's lessons taking place over a freshly-caught bird, or squirrel, or mouse... only ThunderClan prey, of course! No hares in her belly!

"I must say, your name suits you very well," she purred, immediately launching into conversation. "How was it that your parents foresaw your size to give you the name Bigkit?"

\ @BIGFANG !!
penned by pin ☾

Thundergleam's invite to share is initially met with a blank stare. He thinks about dismissing her, she was new and unfamiliar, weird. He'd rather eat his prey in the comfort of solitude. However, a thought zaps his mind. He knows what its like to be the new cat in the clan, the 'weird' one, the kittypet. He knows what it's like to be sneered at, to have dismissive paws flung at you.

"Sure."

They settle down and Thundergleam attempts to pick up conversation with a compliment to his name. He's about to thank her until she mentions his parents and asks how it is they knew he was going to get so big. He's confused at first before piecing together she thought he was clan-born. He lets out a huff of amusement, "They had no clue, barely knew my parents. They didn't name me." Not once in his life actually, twolegs had named him 'Hank'. Then... "Emberstar gave me my name when I joined ThunderClan many moons ago." He is intentionally vague, revealing little about the history of his story. The longer Thundergleam went without knowing he had been a kittypet, the better. It was seldom cats spoke to him without knowing he once curled up beside twolegs.
  • » HankBigfang
    » ThunderClan Warrior
    » Former Kittypet
    » He/him
    » A large, beaten-up ginger tabby tom with green eyes.
    » "Speech"thoughtsattack
  • » A heavy-hitting foe who makes his hits count
    » Excels in heavy, powerful moves.
    » Fights to protect and make opponents flee.
    » Though strong, he is a slow mover. A fleet-footed cat would both easily frustrate and land hits on him.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

Their common ground was lost entirely on Thundergleam, who simply sat glad of acceptance and approval, as ever. A step on the hierarchy or not, she fawned at the feet of anyone who gave her a moment- and a grin truly illuminated ivory features, curving into easy kindness, at the honour of company.

His parents did not name him? Such a thing was greatly astounding to her- the rounding of rosy eyes betrayed her amazement, though softened as Bigfang began to explain. Deeply enraptured, she tilted her head- and owlish astonishement befell her expression once again when Bigfang mentioned the fabled Emberstar. "Ah, you knew Emberstar," she purred, mystique flooding through her, rolling like fog. A cloak, a veil, of wondering... for she had heard so much about Emberstar. Her kindness, her nobility, bright-blazing and eternal- and though she walked this earth no longer, apparently, she was still ThunderClan's beating heart.

"What was she like? I mourn never having met her," Thundergleam mused, quietly. "She chose a strong, fitting name for you, though. Her faith in you as a mighty warrior shines brightly from it."
penned by pin ☾