private STAY WITH ME. cicada

QUIETSTREAM.

flower girl.
Jun 10, 2022

anxiety. it was her worst enemy these days, and more often they found themself pacing back and forth to try and calm down. she couldn't seem to catch a break when it came to cicadastar always being gone. they knew cicada had responsibilities. she knew it well. but she wanted to have his attention, even for a bit. even if it was just at night. and there was only one way that they knew they could accomplish this. taking in a deep breath, quietpaw grabbed their nest, dragging it towards his den, standing outside as a shiver shook their body from the sudden downpour of rain. they looked like a saddened puppy but they didn't care.

"papa? can i stay in here with you?"

she asked, brows slightly furrowing. he had to say yes, right? he wouldn't tell them no... would he?

@CICADASTAR
[ WISH YOU WERE GAY ]

− ♱ ABOUT : restless. beesong's supply of thyme had managed to calm his nerves long enough to allow him to sleep, but still haunted by nightmare as he was, the man tended to spend his nights gazing out over the water that ripples steadily behind the ancient willow. the way shadows dance calm over the water, gleaming moonlight like diamonds over the ever - moving waves. it was raining tonight, however -- he lie supine in his nest, paws tucked to his curly chest and icy gaze locked upwards, the rings of bark swimming before blurry eyes. exhaustion pulsed behind his eyelids, the pounding strain of his stress present as ever despite the melodic drip drip drip of rainwater cascading about the ancient, worn bark. rain had been enough to lull him into sleep, at one time ; lying in his nest, bone tucked at his side, his fellow warriors dotting the area around him all curled into each other. safe, protected. the tortoiseshell chimera rested now alone for the very same reason. cicada sighs ; a deep, heavy sound that seems to reverberate off the hollow walls, pivoting to the side to press his face against the cool moss of his nest. his tail tip twitches, his paws flexing, and he's considering taking a walk despite the downpour when he hears it . .

papa? his gaze is whipfast, locking on the entrance to his den and paws hitting the ground before he can think of anything else. the what's wrong? is dancing on the edge of his tongue when they continue, their voice soft, can i stay in here with you?

" of course, liebling. " comes his response, just loud enough to be heard over the rain. he sees her now, edging their way around the arch of his den. a smile pulls his dark maw, pushing himself upright with an age - telling grunt, " here, come, come ; get out of the rain. you'll catch a cough. " the felidae fussed, using a paw to slide his own herb - lined nest over to make room for the child to place her nest comfortably aside his. once she approaches the man would circle them once, bringing his tail up along her other side and attempting to gently rasp his tongue over their dampened cheek, ruffling their fur to warm them quicker, " what are you doing up so late, anyhow? "

• CICADASTAR ; he / him. roughly thirty seven months old, riverclan leader
    − handsome, lanky black smoke tortie chimera with curly fur and icy blue eyes
    − gay. speaks with a thick german accent, former marsh cat, penned by antlers

• none.

the young feline moved into the den, placing her nest down and being sure to smooth it out before stepping into it, sitting up and brushing against cicadastar. "thank you." manners first. that's what they were taught. it was one of the few things they had to hang on to because they wanted to remember their parents. the good parents. she didn't wanna remember them as the limp bodies on the forest floor. a shiver shakes them at the thought, as they absentmindedly pressed against their papa. "i miss them and when i miss them... the nightmares come back." quietpaw bit their tongue. they hadn't talked this long in a while. they didn't hate it... but she wondered if maybe it was a problem. "if you take care of everyone... who takes care of you, papa? I know you have your responsibilities but papa you have to get rest. and eat. and take care of you. how can you take care of someone if you're dead? do you really want me to have two dead papas?" flicking their folded ear, they gazed up at cicadastar. "i think I should move in here so i can take care of you."
[ WISH YOU WERE GAY ]