camp STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND + interrogation

turtlepaw

it's hard to make the good things last ✦
Jan 29, 2024
Ch0ImFS.png

———————————riverclan | apprentice | she/her——————————
RiverClan camp felt like Turtlepaw's own personal world. Her clanmates and herself knew it like their own pelts, and the way they loved it was so unique. From swimming in its waters, to eating its fish, or even just sleeping next to the sounds of gentle rushing water. Lately, though, it feels wrong. Intruded upon and broken. The twolegs had done a number on her territory - and her but she doesn't like admitting it.

So many interlopers had been in her home. Twolegs, bears, ntwoleg trash, and a Thunderclanner. At least he was a cat.

Turtlepaw eyed him exiting the medicine den warily before she rose to her paws. Something writhing in her gut told her to make sure he was safe. That he wouldn't take anyone. "Hey!" she called as she approached him. The Thunderclan scent she had familiarized herself with (tree rot, moss, wet stone) filled her mouth and she eagerly took it in. She was not shy to strangers, typically. Splashpaw was the prime example. She was strange - RiverClan, but not - and Turtlepaw was happy to accept her. Maybe she could accept the ThunderClanner too."Is Robinheart going to be okay? Did your leader send you to spy on us? Are you going to tell your clanmates about us? Oh, my name's Turtlepaw, by the way. My mentor's name is Snakeblink and he could beat you up if you were spying on us. He's really strong. Also, what happened to your leg? Did you step in a twoleg trap?" A brief break for a breath. "I was caught in a twoleg trap it was awful they took me to their ca-" Too late. Too late to cut herself off. A worry worms itself into her mind that she's explained too much to this medicine cat. He didn't need to know about their hardships even though they had technically passed. She watched him nervously to see if he picked up on her mistake. Stupid, stupid, stupid, Turtlepaw! SHe reprimanded herself internally.

[penned by muddly].

ooc: Please wait until @GENTLESTORM has had a chance to post!
Also mentor tag: @Snakeblink

YqtPvvc.png

.𓍊↟ DOWN THE BANK WHERE THE DOGS ROAM, POR LA CALLE QUE TE LLEVA A CURICÓ ↟𓍊.
jFAjt8v.png

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. — He steps out from the safety of Moonbeam's den after having tended to Robinheart and the last thing he expects is for an eager apprentice bombarding him with question after question, both of his ears angle forward as he tries to process everything that she's saying. The way she suddenly stops herself from speaking anymore garners a soft, sympathetic smile to her and a tilt of his helm as he parts his jaws to speak "Robinheart's going to be just fine, she'll just need a lot of rest. Moonbeam will make sure that she gets it." Gentlestorm sits next to the entrance of the den shaking his head as he continues to speak, "No, I came on my own accord. It will never be my intent to spy on a clan as that isn't any of their business nor is it mine, I was simply performing my duty as a medicine cat." It's honest and he would never dare say anything except for the truth, he may have been a warrior in the past but that was a different life that he had left behind when he had became Berryheart's apprentice. His eyes shone with amusement even at the mention of Turtlepaw's mentor saying that he could beat up Gentlestorm had he been spying and it's enough for a purr to slip out of his maw before he says "He probably could."

The mountain of fur blinks at her mention of a twoleg trap and he remembers the one that he had seen during his journey to retrieve lungwort, Gentlestorm offers a warm smile only to speak "I'm sure that was terrifying but... Thank Starclan that you're home and safe now." There's a slight pause before he continues, "You know... When I went on the journey, I was far from home... There was several challenges along the way. The river, cave, and then a rockslide." He decides to leave out the hounds, the eagles, and the death... He needn't think of that while he's here within Riverclan camp.

/ @Moonbeam since she'd be with him :]

pp8zRLW.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 53DAF6v.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    56 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    demiromantic bisexual ; widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. She had stayed back a moment, watching Robinsong to make sure everything was fine, to make sure that she absorbed as much information as possible so that if this were to ever happen again she would be more prepared. When she had turned around to part through the moss opening of the den she couldn't help the amusement that flickered across her face at Gentlestorm being bombarded by Turtlepaw and her questions. "I don't think he'd give Snakeblink any reasons to beat him up, don't worry." She'd offer to the younger RiverClanner before she'd look to Gentlestorm for just a moment. She could hope anyway. Although she trusted the other enough to know that he wouldn't come to the camp with ill-intent she also knew that he was a ThunderClanner first and foremost, and if he were somehow to be at a battle between the two clans there would be no time to exchange pleasantries then.

Gentlestorm begins speaking of the journey then, something she had heard about plenty of times though never from a cat outside of the clan. "You were a warrior then right?" She knew of his past name, knew that he had been a warrior before a medicine cat trained fully before changing paths. It was a question she knew could potentially cause more to come from Turtlepaw and she'd happily let the other ask them - there was no harm done so far.

76807578_J7HAFb99CicY51c.png

• --
  • flesh wounds
    ꕥꕥ infections
    aches & pains
    ꕥꕥꕥ illness
    ꕥꕥꕥ breathing
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ traveling
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ broken bones
    kitting
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ poisons
  • SH white masking cinnamon torbie w/orange eyes & small ears