pafp stuck in the loops // hunting

leafcrackle

Oct 2, 2024

The dilute calico stood at the edge of camp, the scent of the surrounding pines weighing heavy on the breeze and evergreen needles beneath her muddied pads. Her honey-gold gaze flitted across the clearing as she craned her neck to scan for the familiar face of Cherrypaw. She'd agreed to take him hunting, though to be honest it was probably herself who could use the practice. She hadn't exactly been the most ambitious apprentice and she realized that it was coming back to bite her when she compared herself to her peers.

"You coming Cherrypaw?" She called out, whiskers twitching against the air of decay that leaf-fall harbored. It brought to her mind ever so faint memories of the last leaf-fall - her first leaf-fall - when she was only a mewling kit, a tiny scrap of fur wriggling around within the thorn-shielded nursery. This time around she had to face the chill beneath her pelt on her own, as there was no pressing her nose into the warm, comforting fur of her mother to circumvent the cold. How quickly the time had passed, she thought. She could still remember when she was small enough to weave between the paws of the other warriors, and now she could stand nose to nose with them. I don't really feel like a warrior yet, she thought, wondering if she ever would. It still feels like I should be turning to someone else for the answers. Someone older, wiser. Her trail of thoughts carried on. I'd better put my all into hunting today. It might not be long before I have an apprentice of my own. Plus, she didn't want to add any fuel to the fire that was Cherrypaw's teasing; he already thought she was so lazy that she might as well hibernate all leaf-bare.

//@Cherrypaw
u9a4dSL.png

Ln9u34C.png

leafcrackle - she/her - shadowclan - warrior - 12 moons - dilute tortoiseshell with white - penned by koi_no_yokan

Last edited: