suffering too terrible to name // gentlestorm

She sits in the center of her medicine cat's den, walls that once held her son now houses only a dear friend. She watches with tired eyes as Gentlestorm rummages through his herbs, her shoulders shaking gently with a slight chill from the water. Her eyes trail over his working paws before they drop to the ground. So much has changed in so little time. She feels like her heart has been forcibly torn from her chest. Her kin, her own flesh and blood, has ordered her own murder. But in her mind, she so often sees Skyclaw as a kit again, suckling at Little Wolf's belly. He had been a good kid. She made sure of it when she trained him to be a warrior. And now...

"I had a dream, you know. It ended up coming true today," She begins suddenly, fern eyes flicking up to the silvery medicine cat. She supposes that confirmed it was a prophecy...She sighs and drops her head. "I should have talked to you about it. I guess I just...didn't know what to say. I was frightened."

// @GENTLESTORM

YqtPvvc.png

.𓍊↟ DOWN THE BANK WHERE THE DOGS ROAM, POR LA CALLE QUE TE LLEVA A CURICÓ ↟𓍊.
jFAjt8v.png

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. — The return of Howlingstar had been an overwhelming one and shock had spread throughout camp when it had been revealed that Skyclaw had ordered other cats to kill his own flesh and blood. It makes Gentlestorm sick to his stomach to think that small kitten had grown to be a murderer and the large tom tries to keep his bearings as he shifts around his den only to grab some ragweed so that Howlingstar's strength would return, his dark golden gaze trained onto her when she speaks. "I had a dream, you know. It ended up coming true today." The words makes his blood run cool and he feels as if he's on the frigid snow capped mountains that he had walked through during the journey, he swallows trying to keep calm to be an anchor during this stressful time. Her head dips admitting that she had been frightened and his own ears press flat against his skull as he tries to find the right words to say.

He settles down beside her so that his own coat would provide her warmth as he noticed the way that her body trembled from the chill of having been drowned. A snowy paw nudges forward the ragweed, Gentlestorm remains quiet for a few more seconds before finally letting out a sigh and speaking "Howlingstar... was there more to your dream?" Perhaps if there was more then he could possibly help her figure it out before anything got out of hand and then they could deal with Skyclaw when everything's settled down. "It's alright to be frightened, friend... I've been there plenty of times... You have every right to be... How could you ever suspect... How could you ever think your own grandkit would..." His voice trembles as his allows himself to grow silent not finishing what he was going to say and his head shakes once more. It made him wonder if Little Wolf hadn't died... Maybe she could've calmed the storm before it became a catalyst.

"What will you do?" He asks knowing that she probably doesn't even want to think of what would become of her grandson and his gaze softens. His mind wanders thinking of Duskbird and Little Wolf's reactions to Skyclaw trying to kill his own grandmother, Gentlestorm wonders what Berryheart would do in this situation. "Whatever you may decide... I know it won't be easy but know that I'll be there at your side to support you." You will be safe. He silently thinks as his eyes flicker to the entrance of den making sure there wasn't anyone listening in on there conversation, he tenses up at the thought.

pp8zRLW.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 53DAF6v.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    58 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    demiromantic bisexual ; widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

She looks to the herbs that the medicine cat pushes towards her. A few green, hairy stems; at least they don't smell too bad. Drawing in a breath, she leans down to snap them up in her jaws, preparing herself for the usual bitter herbs. But these don't taste too bad, and she's able to swallow them with ease. "Thank you, Gentlestorm," She murmurs, relaxing into her friend's pelt. Her ears twitch and she thinks back to that night, when she'd been awoken by the horrible drowning. Blinking, she begins slowly, "I dreamed of a horrible storm that rolled in from the horizon. Powerful winds, deafening thunder, pouring rain...I was drowned in the rain and could do nothing about it."

After a pause, she continues with a cocked head, "Ever since, my dreams have been peaceful. Just...quiet sunsets, clear skies." He continues on and she stares silently at her paws, ears flat to her skull. Never, ever in a million moons would she have ever guessed her kin could do such a thing. What will you do? He asks, and all she can do is shake her head. "I...I have no idea," She croaks softly, misery filling her eyes. She looks to him then, for guidance, for answers, for anything. "What should I do?"

YqtPvvc.png

.𓍊↟ DOWN THE BANK WHERE THE DOGS ROAM, POR LA CALLE QUE TE LLEVA A CURICÓ ↟𓍊.
jFAjt8v.png

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. — He nods as she thanks him but he remains silent as Howlingstar tells him about the dream of deafening thunder, powerful winds, and heavy downpour. "I was drowned in the rain and could do nothing about it." These words cause his insides to twist with unease as he keeps his gaze unreadable as he tries to process what her dream could possibly mean and he wants to deny its meaning... The thought of Howlingstar being... No, he couldn't even imagine a world like that but he knows that plenty of leaders had passed throughout the moons, some of them more sudden than others. "I see..." He mumbles quietly still keeping himself pressed to the black tabby as he mulls it over further though he simply sighs as he mumbles for her ears alone "Perhaps once... Skyclaw's gone. The storm will pass over. You will have your quiet sunsets and clear skies."

"What should I do?"

Gentlestorm blinks trying to figure out what the best solution to dealing with Skyclaw would be, it would be too dangerous to allow him to stay in camp and he's certain that more drastic measures would never be considered. "The best thing to do is exiling him along with the rest of his followers, I'm afraid." The mountain of fur says finally and pauses for a heartbeat only to say "You would be safer. Thunderclan would be safe if he's gone." His large paws shuffle not liking that they would cast out Little Wolf's kit but it would be for the best and he continues "We could have a large patrol ensure that they're completely gone and check that border frequently to discourage him, we would be alert... With some planning and time, we could be ready for whatever he may throw at us." That's all they needed... Time.

"I just want you and my clan to be safe, Howlingstar." He mumbles.

pp8zRLW.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 53DAF6v.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    58 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    demiromantic bisexual ; widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking