private SUN IN MY EYES ⁺˖⋆ gentlestorm

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ her life moved quickly after sharing the suspected news with raccoonstripe, every single moment seemed incredibly fleeting in the face of their newest challenge. she had dragged out making the journey to gentlestorm's den before finally resigning to her fate. there was nothing to fear, anything he could say she already knew.

nightbird pushes into the den quietly, glancing around. roaringpaw was the only other soul in the den, luckily for her he seemed to be sleeping peacefully. the lead warrior sighs, turning to face her friend, trying to wipe the dreadful look in her pale eyes. "hey," she greets casually, perhaps too much so. the word lingers like rotten honey on her tongue. nightbird is quick to make herself as comfortable as she could seem, sitting slumped against the cool surface of the smooth walls, hesitating, again. she had been doing too much of that recently for her liking.

she glances away from her friend's kind gaze, staring where the light and noise filtered in from camp. "i think i'm pregnant." it is spoken like some condemnation. when she finally turns to meet gentlestorm's gaze, there is a silent plea in her eyes. tell me i'm wrong.
  • ooc ↛ @GENTLESTORM
  • BvsNLyD.png
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 33 ☾'s
    a small black smoke molly with a white paw and pale silver eyes.
    mate to raccoonstripe / / mentor to none
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

YqtPvvc.png

.𓍊↟ DOWN THE BANK WHERE THE DOGS ROAM, POR LA CALLE QUE TE LLEVA A CURICÓ ↟𓍊.
jFAjt8v.png

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. — Gentlestorm hadn't been expecting any visits at the moment or rather specifically for him after the stunt he had pulled, a lot of the apprentices came to his den to visit Roaringpaw to check up on him. The sound of approaching pawsteps makes him glance up from where he had been shifting and organizing some herbs, his warm gaze catching on the sight of a familiar smoke pelt. "Hello Nightbird. It's nice to see you," He motions for her to settle down somewhere as he turns to the shelf where it holds his herbs and his ears twitch before he speaks once more "Is there anything you need?" Gentlestorm inquires softly wondering if she needed anything and he thinks of one possibility, perhaps, a poppy seed or two to fall asleep easier next to that brute she calls a mate.

"I think I'm pregnant."

His body grows tense and his careful paw that had been putting some stinging nettle onto the shelf moved to the side too swiftly as he accidentally shoves everything onto the ground. "Y-you're w-what?" For a heartbeat, he forgets that he's a medicine cat and he's simply a clueless warrior once more as he gawks at her with moon sized pupils as he tries to process the news. A large part of him wants to deny it to tell her that she isn't and he thinks about Raccoonstripe, insufferable airheaded tom, being the obvious father of Nightbird's unborn kittens. He has lived in peace and he supposes that it was bound to crumble at some point but he didn't expect it so soon. The thought of mini-Raccoonstripe's makes his body shudder especially if they follow in his paw prints...

He clears his throat returning to the medicine cat mindset and his bushy eyebrows knit together as he looks closely at her before he asks carefully "Have you... Have you felt odd within the last few days? Loss or increase in apetite? Or any sickness in the morning?" Gentlestorm's ears lay flat against his skull as he watches her closely and awaits for her answer, oh, how he wishes to say that he's sorry for her if she confirms any of the symptoms that he's listed.

pp8zRLW.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 53DAF6v.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    56 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    demiromantic bisexual ; widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ nightbird nearly flinches as the herbs he carefully tended to go fluttering to the floor. her own eyes widen as gentlestorm meets her with a look that is nothing short of bewildered. pointed ears tilt backwards as he scrambles for words, paws shifting awkwardly. she wasn't expecting to be showered in congratulations, didn't even want such a sickening display. but was it too much to ask for at least one cat who didn't look at her like she had three heads when bestowing her news? it was a score currently sitting sweetly at zero for two.

"kits, gentlestorm." she repeats insistently, tail twitching around her paws. the warriors heart lurches in her chest, something must be terribly wrong if this was his reaction. it was worrisome, but to her relief it is not long until her friend gets ahold of himself and begins to question her.

slowly, nightbird nods, careful to not startle him again. "yes, maybe longer than a few days, i don't know. thought i was just stressed." she admits with a halfhearted puff of laughter, breaking up the stiff nervousness of her tone. his show of despair rivaled her own for starclan's sake. "is there something i should be worried about?" she prods, expression growing grim once again.
  • ooc ↛
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 33 ☾'s
    a small black smoke molly with a white paw and pale silver eyes. currently a queen residing in the nursery.
    mate to raccoonstripe / / mentor to none
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.