camp SUPER WITHOUT POWERS [ moving into the app den ]

Aug 10, 2023
FIGHTING IT IS HOPELESS ————————————​
It was a new day. Carppaw was an apprentice now! With a epic mentor! Not... not just epic, perhaps awesome. Snakeblink was one of the lead warriros, so she was sure she was going to get some awesome training and become the best warrior. The BEST. Carppaw grinned to herself as she gathered what she had in her nest in the nursery- her siblings were doing the same, her parents watching from outside the den. Carppaw gathered two shells and a feather, picking it up in her mouth. The small, brand new apprentice then made her way towards the apprentice den.

Down the slope, and into the moss-covered den. It smelled nice, Carppaw reflected, as she stepped inside. She tilted her head, staring at the mass amounts of nests to choose from without a real sense of which nest she wanted.

// timed about just after the meeting!

"speech"

——————————————————————————————— sinkin' in your ocean

(๑✪ᆺ✪๑) "overwhelmed with the amount of choices, huh?"

a contemplative voice trills from behind the newly named apprentice which belonged to none other than chicorypaw who made her way down the incline leading into the woven den before wriggling inside to stand alongside carppaw. "it's suuuper important to pick the right one, don't wanna be too close to the front but ya don't wanna be too far neither which is why i think the middle area is a solid choice. see, like my nest over there!" a split-toned paw lifts to point at a very messy looking nest that sits a bit closer towards the right wall of the den. chicorypaw just happens to be an active dreamer hence why she moves around so much in her sleep. "oh you also wanna make sure you get a good nest neighbor and not someone like dipperpaw, i mean she's cool and all but she is a grouch! i don't think i've ever seen her smile, i don't even know if she can-" the last part is whispered with jest, pale green eyes shifting as if on the look out for any potential eavesdroppers. "and otterpaw? snores like a badger sometimes!" chicorypaw giggles, whiskers quivering with light-heartedness.

FIGHTING IT IS HOPELESS ————————————​
Carppaw jumped as Chichorypaw spoke. The new apprentice glanced over her shoulder, then scooted briefly to the side to allow the other inside as well. Her eyes shifted towards Chicorypaw's indicated nest, before back to the other apprentice. Soon, the gossip came, and Carppaw started to grin, a little giggle leaving her. Her ears stood back up, tail relaxing as she stepped inside, nosing at nests here and there to see if they were empty while she spoke. "Really? I'll keep that in mind."

Carppaw was still wearing a wide-split grin as she nosed at a nest here and there again, before finding one not too far from Chicory's, but still closer to the outside wall. She wouldn't mind, after all. "Well, I think I talk in my sleep sometimes, but don't tell anyone." Carppaw responded, nosing what moss was still here into a comfortable pile. She picked her head up, eyes focusing on the apprentice across the way. "I want them to find out on their own." Her grin split wider, if it was even possible, in some kind of devious manner.

"speech"

——————————————————————————————— sinkin' in your ocean

TRAVELER, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED (AND NOW YOU MUST GO) ⋆⁺₊⋆

Hazepaw remembers moving into the apprentice’s den like you remember a distant dream: a feeling of something pleasant and strange, but nothing detailed. She’s always been so focused on what the future has to hold that the momentous occasion only ever felt like a stepping stone towards all the cool new adventures she’d get into as an apprentice.

They’d had no idea what it would be like then, but they dare say the reality comes pretty close to Hazekit’s hopes. There are definitely adventures, and other things besides: boring duties and less boring ones, and friends—

Glancing down at where Catfish’s nest is (used to be), they frown. It’s been a few days since Catfish got out of the medicine den, but she still hasn’t moved back in her spot. Chicorypaw is right: picking a good nest neighbor is a big deal, and Haze misses theirs: the apprentice currently sleeping next to them kicks in their sleep. Glancing at the young new apprentice, they push their nest further against the den’s wall to make space for her. A little bit of talking is better than paws in the face in the middle of the night.

”Surprise,” they hum at Carppaw’s conspiratorial tone. Whoever sleeps on her other side better be a deep sleeper or they’ll be in for a strange wake-up call.