SWEET LIKE ROCK CANDY ⊹₊° falconpaw

❀‿ 'My better half.'

It was cheesy when the older mated warriors said it as they waxed poetic about their partners, but Lupinepaw understood it, now. She thought she understood it deeply, actually. Falconpaw stood in her life like a shining pillar of light. He was reliably kind, smart, and unendingly helpful; to the point where she wondered if she would ever be able to repay him in kind. He was there to help carry her mother to the medicine den after she was attacked, and similarly rushed to her brother's side to help when he was, too, and Lupinepaw couldn't hope to express her gratitude in full. Though, it was something to be proud of—a partner who she could look up to, one that inspired her to be better than she was.

The events of the past moon were enough to sink anyone into a low mood, and Lupinepaw rarely had a moment where she wasn't feeling weepy and overwhelmed as of late. Everything was awful, and nothing would be the same, but that was clear enough to everyone in Skyclan that it could be left unsaid. To make matters worse, Lupinepaw was flailing to keep her family from falling completely apart. Bobbie and Drowsypaw remained in the medicine den, permanently scarred and hurting in ways so deep she could never hope to see the bottom of, much less did she have any hope to pull them out on her own. The matter of Crowpaw was.. as it had been for a while now, but somehow worse, as they grew more icy with each other as time passed. Falconpaw's siblings had no problems with him, as far as she knew. They were happy, and he took care of them with ease. What in the world was so wrong with her that she just seemed to make everything crumble more than it already was?

She recognized the spark of feeling in her stomach as not being affection, but something uglier, more cloying. Even still, it made her tug him ever closer to her. In the quiet hollow they'd snuck off to find a moment of alone time in, Lupinepaw stretched her paws out to pull Falconpaw's face down close enough to press their noses together, murmuring, "What have I done to deserve you, hm?"

She then rolled over to rest her chin on her paw daintily, tail tapping rhythmically behind her, and asked casually, "Have you told anyone about us, by the way...?"

• OOC: @falconpaw!
  • lupinepaw.png
  • lupinekit . lupinepaw
    — trans she/her. 10mo apprentice of skyclan. mentored by dandelionwish, padding after falconpaw
    bobbie x duke. littermate to crowpaw & drowsypaw
    — a tall, pretty, long-haired black smoke with low white and green eyes
    — smells like sweet lupine flowers and young pine needles
    "speech", thoughts, attack
    — fullbody by pikaihao and funnyguy by pin
    — penned by eezy

STATUES AND EMPIRES✧°.☀ ————————————
My better half.

It was something that Falconpaw thought upon from time to time. He didn't have a historically good track record of role-models on that front. His father hadn't been attached to whoever had them, Falconpaw had thought, briefly thinking about his two siblings. His tail twitched as thoughts shifted to the warm body against him, head shifting to lay down on her shoulder. Lupinepaw had always been good to him. In his mind, neither of them were... how to put it?

Neither of them were better then the other, not to him, anyways. They were equal, both with their own ways. Lupinepaw was... kinder then he was. Softer, more alluring- she had better friendships, more indepth and meaningful ones, where Falconpaw lacked in the friend category at all. Who was he friends with that were his peers? Plaguepaw? Hardly. His siblings didn't really count, Lupinepaw was more then that, and Drowsypaw... he shook those thoughts away before they began.

His head was lifted, gently tugged closer, and he went without complaint. Blue eyes settled upon Lupinepaw's own, filled with gentle warmth that he always found himself wearing around his other half. Other half, yes, better then 'better' half. "Must I list it again?" He teased softly. This was a side of him that he reserved for personal, one on one interactions. Drowsypaw had seen that quieter and warmer side of himself that he didn't wear publically. Edenpaw had even seen in, in the brief moments that he shielded them from the sight of Slate murdering a rogue.

Her casual question, however, did catch him off guard. A brief noise left him as he shifted, head picking up to look at her in similar regard. "I hadn't. I didn't think we needed to tell anyone... have you told anyone?" He traded the question back, genuinely surprised. Did I need to tell cats? Stars. Did he fail in that regard?

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ ALL AT YOUR PAWS

❀‿ She's... kind of annoyed if she's going to be honest. Or not annoyed.. something that stung a little bit more in her stomach. The ugly feeling settling like acid pooled in her chest. Even after she's warmed by his softness, contentment bubbling up at the recognition of this private side of him, a frown touches her face. Why didn't he want to tell anyone about her?

"Well, mousefluff...! If you were so embarrassed of me you could've just told me yourself..." She lilts with a small pout before wiping it away with a smile, "Kidding~ I'm just teasing you."

She was aware of her hypocrisy in a distant way, as her airy reply sat oddly in her mouth as she let the words loose, "Of course, I have... Just a few friends, like, when it came up in conversation." Well, she told one friend. And it went weirdly poorly. But anyways.

"It's fine, really. I was just curious..." Lupinepaw hoped she was reassuring enough, scooting over again to rest her chin on his shoulder. Still, his words did nothing to dissuade the rogue worries haunting her mind that he was becoming more aware by the day of her many inadequacies, that he was going to lose interest in her, or that he'd already begun to.

"I like you a lot, you know." She murmured softly into his fur. 'I hope it's enough,' is said only in her head, along with, ' I'm trying my best...'

• OOC:
  • cpj5ve.png
  • lupinekit . lupinepaw
    — trans she/her. 11mo apprentice of skyclan. mentored by dandelionwish, padding after falconpaw
    bobbie x duke. littermate to crowpaw & drowsypaw. older half-sister of hollykit, lionkit, and candorkit
    — a tall, pretty, long-haired black smoke with low white and green eyes
    — smells like sweet lupine flowers and young pine needles
    "speech", thoughts, attack
    — fullbody by pikaihao and funnyguy by pin
    — penned by eezy

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Her hesitation was palpable- he had been named for a bird, one that he was aptly approaching it's decidedness and perception. His ear twitched, that warm smile never leaving his face, but the doubt her hesitation brought forth lingered. He spoke, his tone neutral. "I apologize-" Kidding~ I'm just teasing you. A soft breath left him.

That alone didn't totally quiet the doubt and panic that stewed from her initial statement. Should he have told them? Told the crowds what they were? Couldn't they be happy on their own? "Ah- I'm sorry." He murmured softly, his tail twitching. "Don't have a ton of friends to tell myself. I probably should tell my siblings." He hummed quietly, his nose pressing to her flank again. "I'll make an effort now that I know you don't mind them being told."

They quieted together for a moment, his chin tucked against Lupine as well. She spoke quietly, and his eyes shifted towards her. "Of course I know." He murmured softly. "Just as much as I like you." His ears shifted again as he lay his head back down, a soft huff leaving him. Why is this coming up now?
  • "speech"
  • FALCONPAW 🌧 he/him, apprentice of skyclan, eleven moons.
    LH chocolate lynx point with deep blue eyes, and a long scar on his left cheek down under his jawline. pushes his 'hair' back. very long legged, half oriental moggie.
    mentored by greeneyes / / mentoring no one
    padding after lupinepaw / / brother to spottedpaw and sagepaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.