private SWEET TOOTH || Cottonsprig

Lakepaw.

Lookin' in the mirror I don't know my face
May 6, 2023

[ ༻ ❊ ༺ ] When he had been a kit, he remembers the times Cottonsprig had visited the nursery, be it to give them check ups or just to be there. She had them all line up in order, which was amusing of course, even if that hadn't last long. But, now he was an apprentice and he could tell the other had been much more busy due to her newfound role within the clan as a full medicine cat, so he figured he might grab her something to eat to ease her mind off the stress from clan duties.

Skimming through the fresh-kill pile the boy found a bird before gently plucking it, making his way towards where Cottonsprig was and dropping the bird at her paws before looking at the other calmly. "Here, you've been busy. Shouldn't forget to eat" he expressed calmly before settling down next to the medicine cat, his tail flicking softly while he focused his attention onto the other with a softened look in his bi-color gaze, not usually one for conversation after all compared to his late friend Lilypaw, or even Sheeppaw.

"I... don't remember what your favorite prey was, so hopefully that was right" he said in momentary silence, hoping to spark some form of conversation between the two of them, afterall when had been the last time he had chatted with Cottonsprig? Had it truly been when he was still just a kit? The warmth of the sun's ray glowed onto his fur, perhaps his training had kept him busy for most of these moons after all.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Lakepaw AMAB, He/Him, Apprentice of Windclan, 8 moons.
    LH Rosette Lynx Minx with low white and bi-color eyes, blind in left eye
    NPC X NPC
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

@cottonsprig

Although Cottonsprig used to spend afternoons helping the queens herd their kits, she hadn't thought of the lasting effects she'd have on them. It trickles in with little gestures like this - making sure she eats, checking that she's rested or if she needs help. There are days where she figures the apprentices she used to dote on are sent her way to keep their paws busy. But as Lakepaw joins her, she knows the young tom finds her out of the goodness of his heart. And she hates that her stomach detests the feathered beast that he holds.

She holds her tongue, hoping to not unleash the contents of her stomach before the apprentice. "It... used to be," she says, trying desperately to forge a lie that seems possible. Her ears turn back and she smiles half-heartedly, "After the owl, and the vultures... I've felt a bit too weird eating even songbirds lately. But - hey, help me take off the dry petals, and you can keep it for yourself," she decides to make a chore of it, both to distract Lakepaw from anything untoward but also to hoist StarClan off of her backside.

She presses a stem of small blooms towards him, tail twitching. "The petals that are wilted have no use anymore - the rest we can save if we dry them properly..."

[ ༻ ❊ ༺ ] He listened to what Cottonsprig had to say about the bird and he hummed a bit "I see, I'll make sure to get you a hare next time" he stated calmly, noting a change in her behvaior which made him frown a bit. Hopefully she wasn't working herself too hard, and yet before he could ask her on that, the medicine cat pushed a stem with blossoms, instructing him to pluck the dry petals off and he nodded.

His paws much bigger than that of Cottonsprig's and not as delicate as he awkwardly began to take the withered petals off while listening to her explaining that the withering blooms were of no use which made him nod before looking back into her direction. "I hope... you're not working yourself too hard...you've been resting yea?" he asked the other before continuing to move to pluck the withering petals until Cottonsprig instructed him to stop, his ears angled to listen to the other in wait for her response before pausing a bit.

"Which one is this one?" he wondered aloud, the thought of Lilypaw in mind, perhaps he could put the withering petals on her grave, or give some to even Sheeppaw and Frightpaw, he was sure they'd love them even if they were partially dead...nothing truly lasts forever that was sure but either way while ghey still had color they'd do well within the nests of his friends and his late friend would surely be happy if Lakepaw gave them some as well.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Lakepaw AMAB, He/Him, Apprentice of Windclan, 8 moons.
    LH Rosette Lynx Minx with low white and bi-color eyes, blind in left eye
    NPC X NPC
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.