oneshot SWITCH THE COLORS &. finding a kit

DROWSYNOSE

just for your love, give you the world
Jun 10, 2023
STILL DON'T KNOW MY NAME

it was supposed to be a simple patrol, as most patrols are. he's even surprised he is allowed on one after his last display, but he is still a good enough warrior. espeically if he just pushes his feelings down before a patrol. seems easy enough, right? it's never that easy. never has been never will be. it only lasts for so long before he's more exhausted than he had been before but for right now, it will work. it has to. he walks slowly as he nears the twoleg place, nose twitching ever so slightly at the amount of scents around. his ears twitched back and forth as he walked, the sudden scent of something different making him stop in his tracks.

"drowsynose? what are you doing? come on, we gotta finish the patrol."

drowsynose doesn't answer. he parts his jaws as he closes his eyes, tasting the air and gently sniffing. that scent... its not a twoleg, nor is a twoleg trash. his paws begin to itch and something innate within him twists. he walks away without saying a word, ignoring the call of his name from the other cats within the patrol. there is a knocked over trash can, and a lot of rustling within him. normally he would be terrified to approach but the scent tells him better. he moves to step inside the tin, wincing at the scent as he nudges a box filled with chicken bones and ... a kitten? a sudden tiny hiss make him step back once, eyes wide as the kitten grumble with a chicken bone clamped into his mouth.

"oh, stars... hey l-little one... that doesn't look very y-yummy..."

his voice is very quiet as to not scare the already frightened fuzzball. his eyes dart back and forth as he tries to back further into the trash, growling and grumbling as a warning whole his tail sways.

"I won't hurt you. come on. lemme help you, alright?"

his hiss gets louder and he swipes his claws at drowsynose, snagging his cheek but drowsy simply shakes it off, grabbing the poor thing by his scruff. he seems so angry, thrashing and snarling, dropping the bone as he tries to bite but as soon as drowsynose stands up, he slowly slumps while being held by the scruff. exhaustion takes over him and he can't fight any more. drowsynose only sighs, with a frown.

"now who would leave you o-out here by yourself, little one? I'm gonna put you on my b-back. it's a long walk back. we will get you s-something to eat, too, and get you all cleaned up. you sure are a scruffy little thing... scruffykit."

he moves to put the kit on his back who only digs his claws into drowsynose's skin. he winces at the feeling but ultimately just let's it happen. the poor thing doesn't mean any harm. he walks forward very carefully, occasionally glancing back at the kitten who is quick to fall asleep with the new found warmth.

"w...we need to g-get back to camp, now."

• Love
Reactions: ThistleBack