T E N S I O N [firefly]

QUILLSTRIKE

astronaut in the ocean
Aug 7, 2022
QUILLSTRIKE-1.png

NOW IN ITS' PLACE IS SOMETHING NEW
I HEAR IT WHEN I LOOK AT YOU​

It had been an emotionally tiring few weeks, but finally it seemed like things were starting to get a little better. And by 'better' he meant that Twitch had seemed a little more himself the last few days, giving the chimera a dangerous hope that they might start feeling a bit better soon. As happy as he was to spend any time with his friend under any conditions, it still sucked ass to see him suffering day after day. It sucked even more that Quill never really knew how to help ease the pain for them, which in turn left open cuts across his heart everytime he heard the other sniffle or saw them zone out.

But like he said, things were starting to get better.

Their warrior ceremonies were fast approaching, and because of it Quill had been spending a lot of time training on his own. He wasn't sure exactly when he'd gone from shirking any responsiblity he could to quietly accepting his chores and even looking forward to his training sessions with Thistleback, but he knew it had been a gradual thing, a slow-burn that he hadn't even noticed eating away at him, reshaping him into something else. And while he still didn't have any clear cut answers to the question Thistleback had posed to him all those weeks back about what he wanted to do with his future, he felt more ready for it, whatever it was.

Today though, he'd gone a little hard during one of his training sessions. It was nothing serious, but it was annoying as hell because of the placement and he was curious if there was something Dawnglare could do to make it less so- a scatch right on his pawpad was hard to not notice, after all, since he was stepping on the damn thing all day.

"Hey. Do you have anything that can-" he cut himself off as he stepped into the medicine cats den only to find Fireflypaw as it's sole inhabitant. "Oh," he said, voice falling flat and eyes going cold. "It's you. Nevermind, I'll come back later." he said, turning to leave.

He couldn't afford to let himself slip, to let himself feel or it might get him kicked out of the clan. So... Avoidance. Classic Quill.

skyclan - male - 10 months - bisexual - homoromantic - single - very tall tabby tomcat with broad shoulders

dazz3ax-042101f2-a63c-4c4f-8437-14a2c2dbe9d3.png
Dawnglare is out of the den, of course, when Quillpaw tramples his way in on long legs and massive paws. It's hard not to hear him when he steps, ruffling leaves and mud here and there. His scent was much different, too- he supposed that was a good thing, that he knew Quillpaw's scent. After the death of Twitchpaw's parents, Fireflypaw has been avoiding his friend. In turn, Quillpaw was avoiding him as well. Fireflypaw knew why, knew that the request he made of Twitch was unreasonable. But it was a mistake, one that was corrected rather quickly. Right?

It's you. Nevermind, I'll come back later. He begins to turn away, and Fireflypaw turns his head in time to listen as sticks crack under the male's paws. "Do you have some sort of problem with me, Quillpaw?" It's blunt, and comes off as a bit accusatory, but he stays strong nonetheless. He wanted answers, and this wasn't good enough. Avoiding him and giving him the silent treatment was the worst. Fireflypaw takes a few steps forward, the scent of mint underwhelming against the barely-there tinge of dried blood. Even with his eyes shut, he could picture the look on Quillpaw's face. Furious, taken aback. Oh well. He just hopes Quillpaw doesn't deck him for his tone. "Because I don't know why you would be upset with me. I haven't done anything to you."