TADPOLE > ONCE WE WERE

DRAGONFLYPAW.

it's just like falling snow
Jul 7, 2023
It turns out that being an apprentice sucked sometimes, though...Dragonflypaw's known that for a while now. ShadowClan is most all she's ever known, and apprenticeship came quickly. Though memories of who she had been, and where she had come from linger, they aren't important or clear. Mostly of Honeyjaw coaxing her to eat parts of his catches or grooming awkwardly between her ears. No, c'mere, he'd murmur. Like this. It was Clearheart now, and Elkrush before him, but family meant everything to her. No matter that none of them were hers by blood. ShadowClan was much the same– she cared about them, but they weren't hers. Not really. Tadpolepaw, as he is newly named, comes the closest to understanding.

So when they are assigned to gather moss together, they aren't completely displeased. Back to her original point: being an apprentice sucked sometimes. Meaningless tasks were a part of that. The company...not always, necessarily. They bat a pile of moss towards the other apprentice, then glance at him through the corners of their eyes. "Honeyjaw told me you said I was cool," she eventually prods.
border2.png

• ooc: @TADPOLEPAW
  • dragonflypaw ╱╱ 07 moons ╱╱ she or they ╱╱ apprentice of shadowclan.
    ──── a former loner who joined the clan approximately six months ago (give or take).
    ──── adoptive daughter to honeyjaw, raised by (name tbd). apprenticed to clearheart.
    ──── sexuality unknown. seems uninterested in romance + enjoys competitive friends.

looking quite strikingly like her adoptive father, dragonflypaw is a brown feline with darkened points of overall average size. their fur is thick and dense, and splotched heavily with white. her eyes are a verdant olive, bordering on golden.
  • "speech"

She doesn't know where Dragonflypaw and her chatterbox of a father came from, though she faintly recalls something about Honeyjaw between all his starling chatter on patrols. All Tadpolepaw knows is that the apprentice besides her is the talk of the Clan, the bird of her parents' eyes─if one went along with what Honeyjaw said, and even then he doesn't talk about Dragonflypaw as much as you'd think. Pale paws bat a clump of moss towards the vaguely cat-shaped shadow, who catches most of it and dumps it into a larger pile. Forest-shaded eyes rove the surrounding trunks for more, and she reaches for a dew-laden streak before the other apprentice's voice makes her paw falter.

"Uh, what?" Tadpolepaw awkwardly rests her paw on the pad of moss she'd been stretching towards and blinks back at Dragonflypaw. Without turning their head they peer at her through honey-olive eyes, as though only dipping a foot into casual conversation, but the small spike suddenly lodged through Tadpolepaw's ribs says otherwise. The tips of her ears grow hot, like she'd been lying in a pool of sun all day even as she stands in green-tinged pine shade. "I didn't─I wouldn't say that," she blurts. You're weird, Loki! Weird! Weird! Weird!