private TAKE A SLICE 🎀 FEATHERKIT

Pink-kit hates it here. It's mucky and icky. Pink-kit thought mud only comes after it rains, but there's so much mud in here for like, no reason! The only good thing here are all the new kits that aren't super duper weird, or only wanna hang out in the medicine cats den and not in the much cooler nursery. At least she can still feel the wind, and by default, that's pretty WindClan-y. Pink-kit thinks about all the cool things she'll do once she's home. She'll become an apprentice, she'll play, eat rabbits instead of weird fish things... When are the rogues gonna go away already?

Pink-kit squints to try and see if she could see WindClan past the dumb gloom and dumber trees... and then she sees something drifting in the wind. It was probably something dumb and gross like the rest of ShadowClan, but Pink-kit runs to it anyways because finders - keepers and stuff, and it's... a feather! A nice, pretty white. Not something ugly and mud-covered like the rest of ShadowClan. She's very lucky. Maybe even the luckiest cat in the world, to find something this pretty in ShadowClan.

And it reminds her of WindClan. WindClan isn't cluttered by ugly trees or mud. WindClan is the best. She looks at the other kits within the way too full nursery. Even if the other WindClan kits were annoying and lame, they were still the best ones by default, duh.

Pink-kit pads up to one of the kits not in the nursery, cause of course she wouldn't wanna be in a place crowded like that. " Featherkit! " Pink-kit calls, voice muffled around the feather in her mouth. She only just now realizes, a feather for Featherkit! " Look, Featherkit, I found a feather! And you're right here! S'gotta be an omen, " Pink-kit decides instantly.

• OOC: @FEATHERKIT FOR YOUUU FOR U
  • NOTE: SHE IS A FEVER COAT BABY!
    I3iy2hK.png
  • ( I MISS YOU, IT'S MAGIC! ) PINK-KIT KIT OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHKIT, DOWNYKIT, & FINCHKIT.
    —— SHE / HER; UNOPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 2 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 16TH

A tiny, longhaired calico she - kit with yellow eyes, ringed blue around her pupils (sectoral heterochromia). While you can clearly see her flame markings on her face, the rest of her body is currently covered by a grey fever - coating. Though the whites of her are still very much visible. Pink-kit bounces around WindClan without a care in the world! Her emotions are big, and she makes little effort to regulate them, resulting in both her usually cheerful disposition, as well as making her prone to sudden bouts of extreme anger or sadness. Rarely seen without a smile!
    HEAVY IC OPINIONS! Pink-kit is a very irrational and childish character!​

For once, if any feelings flitted the air between them, Featherkit could find himself in agreement with Pink-kit. He didn't like it here. Ever since he had split from the moors and been separated from his father, set to restless sleep with one less family-member to be certain about, Featherkit had been dead-set on not liking anything. It was easy to be angry, after all. The feeling was freezing and all-consuming- dry ice, it billowed a smoke-screen in front of her eyes and tainted everything cold and hateable.

And here came something hateable now. Mind razed by a bad dream and badd-er thoughts, Featherkit was entirely unprepared for any sort of conversation. Distaste spread like blood on her tongue, embruing and overwhelming as she saw the fever-coated molly barrelling over to her, showing no signs of slowing. "What?" A frigid hiss.

Fear briefly flickered within her that Pink-kit might strike her across the face in a dim-witted effort to physically knock the 'ugly' frown off of her face, but no such contact stung her cheek. Dumbfounded for a few long moments, she could only stare. For once her face was dusted clean of a dark scowl- she simply looked at the retrieval. Scarcely was she bothered by Pink-kit prattling about omens- scarcely.

Yellow eyes flickered to the sky, swollen with struggling daylight. "It's..." But his verdict died quite quickly in his throat. Who was he to call it impossible? He was no medicine cad despite his blood- he didn't speak with the star-spirits. "What would it be an omen for...?"

Near-impenetrable, being the glacier of his tone lay a small, dry chip of amusement. An omen, just for her existence? It was stupid, typically stupid of Pink-kit, but for once it didn't make her head scream quite as much.
✦ penned by pin

Last edited:
Pink-kit is happyfor her musings to be entertained. Is Featherkit less grumpy than usual? Good, because Pink-kit had like, a billion ideas, and she needed to share them with someone right now! " A feather this pretty could only be from WindClan, soo... " Pink-kit studies it carefully, and then it's namesake, watching the browny tabby with curious eyes. " Maybe it means we're gonna go home soon, and you're gonna lead us there! " Was Featherkit so bold? So brave? Pink-kit really can't remember right now. She squints, and tries to picture Featherkit doing something cool and heroic, like beating up all the rogues in one swoop. But even Pink-kit couldn't do that. It's probably take her three of four swoops...

" Or maybe, " she continues, looking very smart in her contemplation... Pink-kit lets the feather go so she can watch it flutter to the ground all pretty - like, but then she'd snap it up right after, cuz she couldn't risk any dumb ShadowClan kits taking it from her. " It means we're gonna go home soon, annd... you'll be super happy! " Featherkit's all frowny still. It was for no reason before, though. Now, maybe Featherkit has a reason. " I'll be super happy! I hate it here sooooo so much! If you're frowny and grumpy right now, maybe it'd be a little bit okay, " Maybe the prettier and cleaner the feather stays, the happier Featherkit will be. Pink-kit grasps her prize in her jaws and holds it as high up as she can.

•  
    I3iy2hK.png
  • ( I MISS YOU, IT'S MAGIC! ) PINK-KIT KIT OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHKIT, DOWNYKIT, & FINCHKIT.

A tiny, longhaired calico she - kit with yellow eyes, ringed blue around her pupils (sectoral heterochromia). While you can clearly see her flame markings on her face, the rest of her body is currently covered by a grey fever - coating. Though the whites of her are still very much visible. Pink-kit bounces around WindClan without a care in the world! Her emotions are big, and she makes little effort to regulate them, resulting in both her usually cheerful disposition, as well as making her prone to sudden bouts of extreme anger or sadness. Rarely seen without a smile!

She was obsessed with prettiness- it was obnoxious alongside the clamour of the rest of camp, annoying even now, but though ice coated her throat Featherkit was reluctant to hail it out at her. Didn't it mean something, if she'd sought him out?

With Pink-kit, Featherkit was not convinced. She seemed to do everything in a whirlwind of whims and forgot them just as fast. Whenever she wanted the calico to go away and told her just as much- razed with words her self-perceived prettiness or condemned her head as full of rocks- Pink-kit would, not long after, look at Featherkit with the same unharmed happiness. "Maybe you're destined to b-b... to be a medicine cat," Featherkit said, and there was almost humour eked into her voice. She almost sounded like she really had received an omen.

Yellow eyes watched the feather's waltz- impulsive sensibilities, not yet sloughed, urged her to reach a paw out. Pink-kit got to it first, though- and he didn't complain. After all, she had found it first. The theorising was amusing, and though her ears folded back with a wince every time Pink-kit's volume rose, the chocolate tom had not the urge to shout at her. His frown darkened, thinking of home. Of a stolen home.

"You're not frowning, though." Brightly-dressed and eye-piercing as clear sunlight, always How did she do it? Didn't it hurt to smile so much- especially when you admitted yourself that you hated your current situation. Frustration wriggled in Featherkit's chest again. Sharp eyes watched the other kit crane her neck off the ground, as high as she could possibly extend. "Why- why are you doing that?"

✦ penned by pin

Reactions: PINKSHINE
Destined to be medicine cat... Wasn't Featherkit the one with the Medicine Cat dad? Or was he deputy...? Maybe leader? Pink-kit can't remember, but she likes the idea of being medicine cat! She could play with weirdo leaves and tell people when they're sick... Actually, no, she'd hate that. She wouldn't get to fight anyone ever! But maybe the medicine cat would need to be someone super smart, and poor her, only she fits the job description. Is that a sacrifice she'd be willing to make??? Pink-kit hums thoughtfully. " 'Aybe I am! " she mumbles through the feather. " 'aybe if you do the leaf-ing for me, I'd do all the omens and talking to stars and stuff. I really good at talking. " Except that it's really hard to do mm sounds witha feather in your mouth.

And she would let out a gasp, noticing belatedly as Featherkit actually tries to PLAY? She doesn't remember lots of things, but she definitely doesn't remember him doing that ever! Finders keepers, but... Maybe it'd be okay as long as it was Featherkit? it was named after her, after all. Pink-kit considers this extremely seriously, eyes a little too close to the sun. You're not frowning, though. " I not, " she affirms. Why are you doing that? Pink-kit hums. if she's told Featherkit this before, she doesn't remember. " Cuz' um. Si– smuh– arghh! " It's like, impossible to say stuff like this! " Hol' dis! " Pink-kit asks / demands of Featherkit. Were she not to take it, Pink-kit would let it go anyways, allowing the feather to float sadly to the marshy ground...

She continues on, " Cause smiling reminds me that I should be happy! So I try to smile alllllll the time! Or, or did you mean, why am I holding the feather up? " The possibility comes to her suddenly. "Cause I thought um, if the feather stays happy and pretty and clean, you will be too! Maybe, " she adds in a moment of self awareness, tilting her head at Featherkit. Not everything was magic... Pink-kit was totally growing up and knew that by now...

•  
    I3iy2hK.png

If Featherkit was taken aback by Pink-kit's demand, she was even more taken aback by her own compliance with it. Without a second thought she snapped her jaw protectively over the feather. If it was his omen, after all... even if it seemed stupidly unlikely it was an omen... how could he let anything happen to it? No, he... he would be foolish to let go of it. "I d-don't ffthink..." Featherkit scrunched his nose up, frustrated with the way the feather muffled his speech. "It wworkths like that..." "Leafing" and omen-reading, it was a job for one cat.

But Pink-kit was talking again, what a surprise, about why she smiled- why she was doing anything. In truth, Featherkit was surprise the dusty-coated kitten even understood herself. Surely she didn't spend a lot of time stewing on her self-perception. It was a whirlwind of a double-revelation- that Pink-kit wanted to be happy all the time, which was why she looked like that- and that she for some reason gave a rat's tail about whether Featherkit was happy, too. It made no sense. Pink-kit did nothing but annoy and concern him, and he tried to make that very clear.

"I d-d... I d-don't understand you," Featherkit said, voice frosty and harsh even through the feather poised in his mouth. And it had come out a little meaner than he had intended it, when Pink-kit had in truth said something quite nice to him, but he wanted to do anything except think about it. For once, though- she made an effort to back-track on her unkindness. Just a little, her expression softened. "Why do you even c-care if I'm p-p... if I'm happy? Because I'd be the p-prettiest molly in the whole world..." his tone flared, a seldom-heard jest actually coming out of his mouth, "If I th'miled." And Pink-kit cared about prettiness, and thought she and her dusty pelt were the most gorgeous thing to have graced WindClan's moors. Maybe she'd try and wrestle the feather off of him to dip it in the muck, now he'd said that.
✦ penned by pin

Reactions: PINKSHINE
She's so totally surprised when Featherkit actually takes the feather. And she looks fierce with it, like she'd so totally beat up anyone that got between her and it... Pink-kit giggles at the sight. He's so funny, with his scrunchy face. Maybe Pink-kit accidentally did a mean thing, though... Featherkit already had trouble talking or something, but the feather was just gonna make it harder... It's really really important, though! And Pink-kit would totally make it up to him later!

Why can't it work like that? Pink-kit knows htat rules are important and stuff, but sometimes she feels like they get in the way. They weren't made for exceptions and stuff, which made them super duper annoying when Pink-kit needed to do something important or special... Pink-kit gives a little hm, lifting her nose. " Wellll, maybe if I ask StarClan nicely, I can make it work like that! " StarClan was a bunch of nice ghost cats, right? Why would they say no?

I don't understand you, Featherkit says, and it makes Pink-kit stop in her tracks cause she sounds all mad and stuff all of a sudden... She nearly gives Featherkit a pout, until he talks again, explaining what he didn't understand. Pink-kit would just make him understand, easy! The way she says smiled around the feather is so funny. Maybe even the funniest ever. Pink-kit cheers back up at once, giving Featherkit her best and prettiest smile. " Yeah! " The world is sooo big. Even bigger now that she's been to ThunderClan and ShadowClan. Featherkit could easily beat these froggy, muddy cats. " And cuz... Not being happy is no fun! And everyone deserves to have fun! "

But she guesses, even if everyone deserves something, Pink-kit doesn't necessarily care about everyone. ShadowClan seems to frown forever, and Pink-kit thinks they should because their home totally sucks. But Featherkit... " And... Cause we're friends! " she says it like it's the most obvious thing in the world even though she just decided this now. But it's not the sort of I-just-decided thing that makes her go, no, wait, right away... So, it made perfect sense!
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
  • ( I MISS YOU, IT'S MAGIC! ) PINKPAW APPRENTICE OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHPAW, DOWNYPAW, & FINCHPAW.
    —— CURRENTLY 3 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 16TH

And of course Pink-kit thought that the practice of a medicine cat would bend to her whims; it was typical of the joyful calico, and he could not help but roll his eyes in a rather expected manner. Featherkit shook his head, but said no more on the matter. It was ridiculous, but he would never be able to convince Pink-kit otherwise. She was as stubborn and intelligent as a boulder.

What she'd given wassome sort of joke, and what she got back was what Featherkit could only assume a normal reaction to a joke to be- Pink-kit's face lit up in another sun-bright smile, eye-stinging and incessant. All he could do was look at her evenly for a few long moments, confused and begrudgingly fascinated. Everyone deserves to have fun. And he was part of everyone, of course. And... Cause we're friends!

Featherkit was dead silent for a few long moments. "We're friends?" Featherkit said, sounding very much as if she'd never heard the word before. Probably made her sound stupid, didn't it? But she didn't really know what made a friend. Certainly it wasn't constantly despairing over another cat's wellbeing, deeming them too foolish and loud-mouthed to not get killed the moment they became an apprentice. Wasn't having friends supposed to be nice, not bothersome?

"We're friends. Right." He sounded utterly unconvinced, and still scowled against the hold of the feather, the omen. Yes, she was quite sure that you weren't supposed to feel this way about friendship, which could only mean therefore that Pink-kit and herself were not friends. "Sometimes b-b-being angry is fun too, you know. And I was happy in WindClan." He wasn't lying. Why would he? Even if his idea of happy was a lot different than Pink-kit's, apparently.
✦ penned by pin

Reactions: Floppie
Featherkit looks so surprised, but like, it's super true she's pretty sure! Pink-kit nods enthusiastically. It seems to be enough for Featherkit to understand. " Right! " she affirms. Featherkit looked kinda grumpy, but he looks kind of grumpy all the time, so it's probably fine! They talked lots and they were both pretty girls and both from the best clan. Why shouldn't they be friends?

Sometimes being angry is fun too, you know. " Really? " the reply is genuine, spoken with a tilt of her head. She's not super duper convinced, but also, she doesn't remember if she's ever been angry before, so maybe Featherkit's telling the truth, and Pink-kit just doesn't know. " Really? " again with the second revelation, because Featherkit looked like a total grump in WindClan, too. Pink-kit narrows her eyes at Featherkit as if he were suspicious, and really, he was! Like, how was Pink-kit supposed to know if he was good angry or bad angry?

" Okay, then... I'm super angry that we're in stupid ShadowClan! " Pink-kit declares, putting on her fiercest face. She tries to make her nose all crinkly like Featherkit does, and her ears all flat and her fur all sharp... She's not as good at it, though, she notes with a slight pout. " If you're still having fun, then I guess being frowny is okay, " she tells him a bit skeptically. She would just have to find out when they're back home if Featherkit's telling the truth and stuff... " But you would still be the prettiest girl in the world if you... th'miled! " she copies Featherkit's funny scrunchy words, ferocious and cool expression poofing away in a fit of giggles.

Pink-kit thinks the feather did make Featherkit a little bit happier, maybe. If there was one good thing about ShadowClan... It'd be that Pink-kit found the most important feather in the world here. " I think you should keep this omen! " she announces suddenly.
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
  • ( IT'S TIME TO START A FUCKING RIOT, RIOT! ) PINKPAW APPRENTICE OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHPAW, DOWNYPAW, & FINCHPAW.

He was unsurprised that his double-revelation acted as a one-two punch right to Pink-kit's face. The other kitten's emotions shone from her brightly, so blatant that even he could read her disbelief. Frankly, Featherkit was offended. Surely he didn't look so constantly miserable that Pink-kit didn't think he was capable of happiness in his own home? No, no- it was surely because whenever she was around her she felt like glaring an icicle right through her head, because she was drilling questions at her or playing the loudest game possible.

A whirlwind as ever, she began pantomiming anger- if he thought her genuinely capable of it, maybe he'd have believed her. Even if it was just for a minute, because her smile was cracking on her face like branches beneath boulder-weight. She nodded, though- a subtle encouragement. If Pink-kit had spoken to her in a crowd of people, making fun of the way she'd said th'miled around the feather would have sent Featherkit's back into a line of porcupine quills- but to even her own surprise, the burnet molly let out a small puff of laughter through pursed lips. Almost a smile.

"I'll th'mile when we're b-b... when we're b... home." She wasn't going to dress herself with a fake smile in this marshland, surrounded by too many warriors and even-more-too-many kittens. And what she'd given Pink-kit wasn't really a promise, just... something she'd see if she was lucky. And not irritating.

Yellow eyes flickered a little with surprise. Keep it? Featherkit's head tilted to one side, her white-tipped tail curling shyly over her paws. "I suppose it was for me..." It was a silly sentiment, and definitely-probably not true, but it was a... a nice gesture, nonetheless.
✦ penned by pin

• Love
Reactions: Floppie
She's winning. She's so totally winning because she got Featherkit to laugh. Pink-kit was so totally going to tell her siblings later (if she remembered). Maybe she should even tell Sunstride, or Sootstar... Cottonpaw made her happy lots. Maybe she would be a good Medicine Cat Apprentice? It'd be better than being a dirty tunneler, anyways!

He'll th'mile when they're home, he says, and Pink-kit snorts when she laughs. " I'm trusting you, okay? " she declares very seriously, as if this were a claim she would hold Featherkit to, and something very bad would happen were she to not uphold her end of the bargain... maybe she can even help her along? Pink-kit tries to ponder what would make Featherkit smile the most. Maybe a juicy rabbit, or... or something shiny? Or maybe not, since she doesn't seem too too impressed by Pink-kit's amazing feather gift...

Or maybe he is, cause he looks the opposite of bristly and angry right now, even if he isn't smiling. And when Featherkit says he'll keep it, she could like... like... jump for joy! Instead, she lets out an excited squeal, mismatched feet tapping against the ground that she hates slightly less right now, even if it was muddy and gross. Maybe when they're somewhere less HORRIBLE, Pink-kit can bring Featherkit something cool... And when he isn't surrounded by cats as gloomy as he is, he'll remember that he should be happy! Operation find-shiny-things-for-Featherkit shall commence as soon as possible...

" Good things will happen if you keep it! I know so with my... medicine cat foresight! " She bets Featherkit can't even tell that she's LYING right now! ...But if she doesn't flee quickly, she's soooo excited, she might tell Featherkit her entire evil plan! "If you'll excuse me, I gotta go... look for more omens! " she declares very convincingly. She almost asks if Featherkit wants to come look for cool stuff with her, but ummm, that would defeat the whole purpose, wouldn't it?
EpC61GT.png

• EZIRq0S.png
  • ( IT'S TIME TO START A FUCKING RIOT, RIOT! ) PINKPAW APPRENTICE OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHPAW, DOWNYPAW, & FINCHPAW.

Reactions: FEATHERSPINE