TAKE THIS CHANCE TO FLY // greeneyes

IMG_0523.png

FIGFEATHER

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Figfeather has been itching to get more in-depth battle news since the patrol's return. Two dawns have since passed, Figfeather thinks it's enough time for most cats to get a start on regaining their strength. This morning she seeks out Greeneyes with a plump squirrel in her jaw, she had caught it herself. The bushy-tailed creature had almost snuck out of her paws, but in the end was no match against the earth huntress of SkyClan.

Upon finding him, she places it at his white paws. "You've got some freetime, right? I thought we could share tongues and you tell me about your first battle as a warrior! Over this super fresh mouse." Playfully, she does her best to make the notion sound as enticing as possible.

// @GREENEYES

dfsiw1w-6a338f22-aae1-492a-977c-37693fa88d2d.gif
The sun has risen and fallen, and risen again. His wounds from the battle have already begun to diminish into minuscule reminders of the battle in the two dawns that have passed since their creation, pain only carried in the scratches with pressure against them - in his clumsiest moments, in sleeping the wrong way.

Even if his body begins to forget his first battle as a warrior - his first real battle in general - his mind does not. Over-analyzing, remembering; it's a constant cycle, rolling in his mind as he goes on with his days. The feeling of his paws stumbling forward after his descent from the cover of trees, the scent of copper-tinged blood upon stumbling opponents, the sight of his leader losing another life. The questions that linger, the hypotheticals of a retreat not called.

He's able to get some sleep though - able to rest without nightmares rolling through his slumber for the first time in what feels like moons. It's something he is grateful for as he emerges from the warrior den this morning.

And he's welcomed to daylight by the sight of his sister approaching, a squirrel held between her teeth. A tired smile grows in greeting as the young warrior moves to stretch the sleep out of his muscles.

"Early start?" he asks Figfeather as he rises, an ear twitching as the squirrel is placed at his paws. He's found himself free from dawn patrols for the day, otherwise he probably would have risen as early as his littermate seems to have done. "D'you catch this?"

He'll have to return the favor. Later, when it's his time for hunting - a bird should be a fair enough trade.

She asks to share tongues today, and of course, Greeneyes won't say no to spending time with his sister. He moves to say yes, but her words continue - a request to hear about the battle twisting at his already dwelling mind, leaving the smile on his face faltering. Even still, he wouldn't reject Figfeather's presence.

"Of course I'm free," he says with a nod, moving to pull the kill closer to him. "What do you wanna know? It was kinda the same as any other battle, I guess. Claws and teeth. Some blood." Greeneyes shrugs, leaning forward to take a bite.