take to the sky — lichenpaw

DOVEPAW!

never give up 09/18/23
Feb 21, 2023
you want a battle ? i'll give you a war .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
invis.png
Things had been going better than expected, well, better than Dove thought they would have gone despite losing sight in his left eye. It … was alright. Mostly. Some days were bad, and some weren’t, but he was getting better.

Plus! He could look at all the herbs and flowers while he was confined to his nest until he was released. Things … weren’t fine, but things were looking up for the freckled tom. He got to talk to Lichen more! Berryheart was an interesting feline, watching him work and go about daily tasks.

His blue optic narrowed, peering forward to see the herb he’d been observing, head cocked, glancing up with a curious twinkle. “H, Hey! What … What d, does that d, do?” He asked brows knitted in curiosity. “O, Oh! S, Sorry!” He laughed, eye-crinkling, until he caught sight of another. “Oh! That o, one looks p, pretty.” He gushed, wondering what it does. Stop bleeding? There were so many things, Dove would lose his head trying to remember them all.
thought speech

• Love
Reactions: LICHENPAW ❁
————— ❁ —————
SOMETIMES I CAN'T BELIEVE IT
Lichenpaw was glad that Dovepaw was feeling better enough to chat his ear off about whatever herbs he spotted now. Normally they'd be overjoyed to have someone else to chatter away with, but right now it just felt like it was highlighting his own incompetence.

What d, does that d, do? "Uh." Lichenpaw squints at the herb. He... thinks Berryheart's mentioned something about it before. "I think... pain relief? Or, no, maybe that was swelling? Er." Dovepaw's concentration broke to giggled apologies, and Lichenpaw gave a defeated sigh.

The next herb, though. That o, one looks p, pretty. He gave a satisfied nod, perking back up a bit. "It is! We've got a lot of pretty herbs, lot of um, flowers and leaves and stuff." That's not really what a medicine cat apprentice should be focused on, though. "Might wanna, um, ask Berry if you wanna know what they do know. I'm — I'm still training, heh." He gives a little self-deprecating laugh, eyes averting.
I'M MOVING PAST THE FEELING !
————— ❁ —————

• // sorry for how late this is!! ^^;
  • LICHENPAW named for the lichen on the trees of his home.
    — he/him or they/them. 11 moons.
    — thunderclan medicine cat apprentice, mentored by berryheart.
    — bears a near-permanent nervous grin.

primary character, high activity. penned by saturnid.​
  • "SPEECH"
  • 66645992_9XglqEnKXn6q8TJ.png

you want a battle ? i'll give you a war .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶​
He hummed, bobbing his helm rather sluggishly, dizzy from the motion until he righted himself. Dovepaw certainly had off days, curled up in his nest and wondering why but he didn’t like showing that. It just wasn’t in his nature to worry others, even when he wanted nothing more than to cry. He wasn’t sure why he wanted to cry. He hadn’t lost anyone, had he? He couldn’t fathom the bubbling sensation behind his eyelids, burning until he would rub them raw, leaving them throbbing, but the prickling sensation would go away, so he counted that as a win.

Blinking back to the present, Dovepaw listened attentively with a curious trill. “Oh!” He leaned forward, paws unstable, but he managed to keep himself from tittering over and making a mess of things. “I, I think you g, guys are a, amazing though!” He giggled, bobbing his head. “H, Having to memorize e, everything!” He added, blinking owlishly. “H, Herbs can d, do so m, much!” He vibrated.

He hummed, turning to peer up at Lichenpaw. “I, I like flowers.” He babbled on. “P, Pretty.” He muttered. Not like me. He blinked, shaking himself out of his stupor. “N, No biggie!” He ignored the trickle of blackness inching forward to wrap around his mind. “I, I’m training, too! I’m n, not very good at h, hunting.” Or fighting. He wasn’t good at anything, it seemed. He huffed, cheek puffing out in a childish pout. “M, Maybe.” He paused to stare at the other herbs with a curious hum. “W, We can t, test what y, you do know!” He had always been a bubbly feline when it came to new things, so fueling his curiosity and helping out Lichenpaw seemed like a pretty good deal.
thought speech