private TALES OF THE SHADOW - smokestar

Tired, Moonpaw was oh so tired. She had left the moonly meeting of medicine cats quickly, ready to be home as soon as possible so that she could think, figure out information. It didn't take long for it to come to her, that sinking feeling within her as she saw the starless sky above coming to her full force as she had walked alongside deputy and former mentor in silence. Whether they had spoken to her or not she didn't answer, lost in her own thoughts as paws looked down to make sure steps were made proper and so that she was sure to get home with the two others. As they entered the camp the white apprentice found herself fighting the urge to yawn and run to her own nest in what she now knew would be her den, a lone empty thing that many would rather suffer than have to sleep in.

Pausing for just a moment she looked over to Smokestar's den, an equally empty thing to her own before paws seemed to move on their own towards it. Maw opened in a slight mew, the slight rasp in her tired voice causing her to clear it before she waited just a moment, listening, making sure he was awake before it opened once more- "Smokestar? Are you awake?" She knew it was early - or late if the night had been spent awake instead of sleeping as she had - but it was important she shared this info now instead of wait. Hopefully the white-splattered tom would have insight on what she saw, what she felt, something that would tell her that her gut instincts were wrong.

• -- @SMOKESTAR
  • 76563872_jZr368yA5Er3eOs.png
    MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    FLESH WOUNDS
    ꕥꕥ INFECTIONS
    ACHES & PAINS
    ꕥꕥꕥ ILLNESS
    ꕥꕥꕥ BREATHING ISSUES
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ TRAVELING HERBS
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ BROKEN BONES
    ꕥꕥ KITTING
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ POISONS
  • 76807578_J7HAFb99CicY51c.png
    SH white masking cinnamon torbie w/orange eyes & small ears
    speaks softly & often found humming
    11 moons old; ages the 17th every month
    homosexual homoromantic ; interested in beepaw & redacted
    currently being mentored by ravensong
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    easy in combat unless in water, focuses on defensive tactics
    peaceful powerplay allowed

—————————————————————⊰★⊱————————————————————

Of course he was awake. He had no intention of sleeping until Moonpaw and her patrol returned back safely, even if it meant having to stay up all night and simply take a nap tomorrow at some point if he was spared a moments peace. The dark tom lifted his head, laying in his nest but fully oriented and alert the moment he heard the young healer's voice ring out. He'd recently started sleeping in the warrior's den again lately, no one had questioned it or asked why and he had offered no explaination but given his intention to remain up that night he'd come here to avoid disturbing his resting clanmates. The tom's dark form rose to stand, turning and stepping neatly over the pebbles and assorted feathers lining his nest that the kits had gifted him before approaching to gently bump his head against the medicine cat's own, "I am. Did you hear anything? Did everything go well?" Had Lichentail and Salmonshade had no trouble then? Was WindClan behaved enough he could worry less about more blood spilling at highstones as his own had? "Sit, sit." His tail flicked encouragingly for the pale molly to take a moment to get comfortable first. There was something in her tone that made him also take a seat, feeling as if he had to prepare for words he did not want to hear.

• OOC can go here.

• 57913530_r2t3y4lghl4FDra.png
    Smokestar
    —⊰⋅ Leader of RiverClan
    —⊰⋅ He/Him
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ Black tom w/vitiligo & one orange eye.

She was relieved to see that he was awake already, though if she had known that he had been waiting up all night for her to get back Moonpaw would have been worried instead. As he emerged from den to bump his head against Moonpaw's own she pressed back before leaning back once more eyes flicking to the leader as he asked his questions and before she could open her maw to ask about moving inside either his own den or hers so that the news wasn't a public event she had been told to sit. Quietly she moved within the den before doing just that, tail wrapping around her feet quickly as she looked around for just a moment. Even if he hadn't been using the den too much recently it was still something that felt so sacred, a place where very few should be within it unless invited and though she had been invited in to speak it still felt off to be in here.

She watched as Smokestar settled into his own seated position before ears pinned back for just a moment. "StarClan gave me a sign tonight, and I'm hoping that I'm wrong but I don't think Ravensong is coming back... not now anyway." There was that little part of her that still hoped he'd be within their camp once more when she woke up, that StarClan's sign had meant that she was alone for now and that he'd come back eventually, back home to tell a story of how he'd found those horse-sized cats he'd spoken of to her once what seemed like a lifetime ago.

She let out a small shuttering breath before she continued on, sharing with Smokestar what she had seen and that dreadful feeling of loneliness within her, such a cruel thing that StarClan had shared with her to make sure she got the point. She never wanted to feel that again, it had been quickly decided. "Do you think there's any chance at all I'm wrong? That I didn't figure it out right?" Tail-tip twitched nervously as she spoke this, pleading orange eyes cast to the other.

• --
  • 76563872_jZr368yA5Er3eOs.png
    MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    FLESH WOUNDS
    ꕥꕥ INFECTIONS
    ACHES & PAINS
    ꕥꕥꕥ ILLNESS
    ꕥꕥꕥ BREATHING ISSUES
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ TRAVELING HERBS
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ BROKEN BONES
    ꕥꕥ KITTING
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ POISONS
  • 76807578_J7HAFb99CicY51c.png
    SH white masking cinnamon torbie w/orange eyes & small ears
    speaks softly & often found humming
    11 moons old; ages the 17th every month
    homosexual homoromantic ; interested in beepaw & redacted
    currently being mentored by ravensong
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    easy in combat unless in water, focuses on defensive tactics
    peaceful powerplay allowed

—————————————————————⊰★⊱————————————————————

He listens quietly, tired gaze focused on her white paws and not her worried face as the apprentice begins to explain what she had seen. A moon casting down, the overwhelming sense of loneliness. He didn't want to think the worst of it, Smokestar wished desperately that Ravensong would return to them any day now and simply apologize for slipping in the river, unharmed and sopping but otherwise fine. With every passing day it grew more and more hopeless until finally this. StarClan themselves offering the medicine cat apprentice evidence that she would no longer have a mentor. Smokestar only hoped it meant Ravensong was lost, but would return some day - he dreaded the idea of the dark tom never coming home, his fate remaining cloaked in the shadows that matched his pelt. Surely if he were dead he'd have spoken to Moonpaw himself? Surely...
"I believe...StarClan showed you that the duties of a medicine cat must be carried out still, regardless of his absence. I hope, with all my heart, he will return some day but until then the clan needs a healer. It needs you."
Such a burden to put on a young cat, still not fully trained. Already he is trying to figure out how best to approach this but for now, whatever Moonpaw needed would be provided for.
"Whatever will aid you, ask. I will assign cats to assist you, we will get through this." Lone amber eye narrowed briefly in thought, his tail flicked up to lift a pale chin higher, "You are a strong and capable cat, Moonpaw. StarClan believes in you, as do I."

• OOC can go here.

• 57913530_r2t3y4lghl4FDra.png
    Smokestar
    —⊰⋅ Leader of RiverClan
    —⊰⋅ He/Him
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ Black tom w/vitiligo & one orange eye.