camp telepatía &. being a love struck idiot

POPPYSPLASH.

PLACES PLACES, GET IN YOUR PLACES.
Jul 27, 2022
fucking finally! after hours of having gone missing, finally poppysplash returned back to camp. in her jaws hung a large fish, occasionally still thrashing around to show just how fresh the catch was. this was, by far, the best thing she'd ever caught and to be honest... it was a really nice one. but the size didn't matter all too much to her, right now. she wanted to give this to willowroot. oh, willowroot. the confession of their love is still fresh in her mind and she isn't sure it will ever go that far away. poppysplash's tail lashed eagerly behind her as she hopped into camp, looking around for willowroot.

"wrrowrooot?"

muffled by the prey, her sunflower gaze dashed around camp before they landed on the woman, purring very loudly as she ran over, dropping the fish at their paws, and pressing one paw on it so that no one but willowroot could eat it.

"willowroot! look what i caught for you, my darling!"

i tried my hardest for you, love. hunting just isn't my thing.

@willowroot pls wait for willow to post !!
[ I'LL GIVE YOU THE WORLD ]

Reactions: willowroot
( ) theres a thrum of joy that rings through everything they do today. the previous night has sent a spark through them, and their motivation has turned from exhaustion to love. they sit in camp now, sharing tongues with their previous patrol members, tongue softly detangling their own dark fur as they keep a sharp fern hued eye out for their beloved. a soft purr rumbles from their throat at the sight of the woman bounding into camp, and whiskers twitch at the sound of their own name. "poppy!" they'll call, delight ringing in their voice as they welcome the femme over. the other's joy is clear in her own chest as purrs greet the smoke, a fish dropping from her maw. heat flushes the dark femme's face, a soft grin spreading across their maw. to an outsider view it is plain to see - willowroot is in love.

"that's a fantastic catch, love," they tell her, reaching out to swipe a lick across the woman's head. "will you share it with me?" something warm glimmers deep in oceanic optics, sea foam kissed by the sun as they stare adoringly up at poppysplash. stars, how did i get so lucky.

( THE LIGHT YOU GAVE ME )

Damn twisted tendrils dry in the sun as Dogteeth lays out over the softer sand. Tucking his paw pads to his chest as the kiss of cold in the air sent a small shiver up his legs. While his eyes were closed, they crack open at the sound of flailing fins. In the jaws of Poppysplash as she speaks around the scales.

Two pearls of white reflection sit in each eye from the amount of pure dilation of the pupils as Dogteeth watches the pair with adoration. Chin propped up on his toes and tail wagging at the tip with a dance of sandy curls. A purr of his own rolling in his chest, ‘this- is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen’ his thoughts supply.

" you two are positively adorable " he mrrows, " wait… wait- am I that dumb…. are you guys like- a couple now? " he smiles around his flamboyant words. Internally screaming now, truthfully.

• — Dogteeth | twenty-five moons | cis-male
    — warrior of Riverclan
    — gay | crushing on n/a
    — small curly-furred blonde and tan tom with dazzling blue eyes.
    — very gentle soul / easily upset and sensitive
    — deals a nasty bite | physically medium / mentally easy
    BIOGRAPHY——— ✧
  • 0yQlsKL.png

Seeing Poppysplash and Willowroot sitting so close together confused the child for a moment. Since when were they friends? But then Willowroot licks across the other she-cat’s head, and Crappiepaw can’t stifle the frown that settles upon their muzzle. Ew. Grown-ups are gross. Love is gross. Poppysplash and Willowroot are… well, they’re not gross, but they’re being kind of unsettling. Are warriors supposed to look at one another like that, with those moony eyes? And are warriors supposed to call each other my darling and catch fish specifically for each other?

At first they think that maybe Willowroot and Poppysplash’s relationship is just that of a couple very close friends. But even Dogteeth seems to be excited about it and asks them outright if they’re a couple. So the tortoiseshell stalks closer to the three of them, staring hard at Poppysplash. The lead warrior seems to like her, but Crappiepaw hasn’t spoken to her before. "Doggy-teeth," their voice comes out as a too-loud whisper, and the thin apprentice leans in closer to the curly-furred warrior, "are they in love or something?"
[ FORTUNE LOVES THE BOLD ]

Koi's watching from a distance, with flattened ears, warmth snaking its way in to her chest. In a way, Willow and Poppy reminds her of her own parents, except... Both were alive, loving, theres love in Willowroots eyes as she stares at Poppy, her tail bushes up as her face flushes. Koi looks away with a small huff, rubbing at her cheek to get rid of the heat. Jealousy, perhaps, or maybe she misses her mother, the way her mom would look down at her and her siblings like that.

"Uh- I- I think," she rises to her paws in her own whisper, a response to Crappie. She decides not to watch anymore as she stops besides Dogteeth and her friend, swallowing as she casts her gaze to the ground. Perhaps one day she'd have someone that looked at her with all of the love in the world, envy, call it what you want, an ear flicks and she continues to stare.
"speech"​

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

Iciclepaw knows what love looks like. Mudpelt and Icesparkle have always been lavishly physically affectionate, giving one another long, searching looks from across camp, brushing flanks, licks to the ear, purrs loud as thunder for the rest of RiverClan to hear. She knows what she's looking at, with Willowroot and Poppysplash, is love, though the word is not exactly on her radar. Sure, she hears it flung around, but putting the word to the actions hasn't occurred to her at four moons old.

The blue-eyed tortie sits beside Koipaw and Crappiepaw, her dark tail tip twitching. "They're mates," she announces coolly, her voice loud and disruptive. "That's what mates do. It's what my parents do." She gives both of the other young cats a sage, knowing look, one full of wisdom cool as running river water.

❝  He can't help it– he laughs. The sound's one of easy delight, tied as it may be to his amusement with the befuddled youths, and desperate as the sound may be to hide the sound'f his heart bleeding in his chest. Love's an awkward, hidden thing to him. But these two bare it to the world, and he's found no idea how to navigate it yet. Mirth's the easiest way to go, lest he end up walking the same path as Koi. He's quiet as he comes up at the apprentice's shoulder, brushing fur to fur in what he hopes is somethin' comforting. He's no idea what's hounding the youth, but he knows the look, at least. It's familiar, though he's grown better at letting it curl up in his chest 'fore it reaches his face. In its place, there's still that hopelessly happy, crooked grin. "Come on Dog, y'can't tell me you're really the last to know," he teases. "Missed the announcement playing in the sand, I'd bet."

Hound wonders, briefly, and then shuts it right down. The thought'f his muzzle pressed to cloud-like fur, a meal shared like this. He distract himself with a teasingly sharpened tongue. "You two're sweet enough to make me sick." A compliment, believe it or not. A silent congratulations, hidden beneath the words.
border2.png

• hound_doodle_tpe.png
    ooc:
  • ──── houndsnarl. trans male, he/him pronouns.
    ──── approximately 30 moons old, or 2.5 years.
    ──── bisexual with firm male preference; single.

──── a chocolate tabby with ( stylized ) low white and intense lime eyes. lean and lanky,  with whiplike musculature and a long, quick stride. hound's notable features include his impressive height, the long scar across the left side of his face from nose to jaw, his very deep, dense fur, and the confident manner with which he conducts himself.
  • "speech"

As much fun as teasing Willowroot and Poppysplash was, Tide has to admit, he hasn't quite been the most... up to date... on his sibling's love life.

But, seeing the way the two interact - Tide instantly knows. Finally! Finally, the two are together, finally his teasing proves to be worthy.

"Oh, lovebirds!" the black smoke sings as he pads towards the happy couple, "Finally embracing your true lovebird form, I see! It's so nice to see you two out and about, being all... cute and stuff!"

He's so happy for them. So happy Willowroot's happy. He hopes he'll get the same, someday.