private tell me a secret // rattleheart

She idles beside the lead warrior, watching as his plethora of kittens wrestle and tussle just out of reach of them. Some of them seem to err on the side of Rattleheart, not quite growing out of their kitten paws - Cottonsprig had started the conversation on the topic, wondering just how many of the queen's kittens would follow in his pawsteps, and if any at all would follow Venomthroat instead. It was a passive conversation, interjected by the kits spouting questions of their own or Rattleheart having to separate a fight gone too far.

After a long, comfortable silence, Cottonsprig taps her tail to the other's side briefly. "Can I ask you something... personal?" she hums. Her gaze holds Rattleheart's for a moment, all before falling back to the kittens. Another pause, though this one makes Cottonsprig feel a little uncomfortable. "I just... I'm curious. How did you know you were... ready for kittens? I mean... It seems like every queen -" save Mintshade, it seems, "- has been just... content, and excited even to have kittens. I don't think I've seen one shocked or scared yet." Her tail sweeps to settle atop her paws, and her ears twitch backwards. "I don't know. I feel like I should be prepared for when a queen is scared, y'know?" There should be things she can do about it, right? Maybe this is a better question for Wolfsong.​