private tell me how / mothpaw

She allows the patrol to scout ahead, their noses twitching and mouths slightly agape to catch the scent of a stray bird or frog. Needledrift watches proudly as Tadpolepaw follows suit but Mothpaw... she hesitates to think that Mothpaw is lagging behind, but there is something in the way they are following the rest, something in the manner of his gaze that makes her wonder - ever so slightly - about the quality of his teaching. What in the world was Webstripe doing with this one.... and where was he, anyways?

"Mothpaw," she calls out gently, "do me a favor... can you show me your hunting crouch?" @mothpaw
i will never leave your room, tell me everything that bothers you

invis.png
// sorry for late response!

The patrol that Mothpaw had been allowed on. Hope had his shoulders squared and his stance almost prance-like. He never got to go on patrols! This was all kinds of exciting, despite the trouble he might have had keeping up here and there. Uncertainty still followed him, though. He could tell that the lacking lessons that he had been given were keeping him back. His ears twitched, Mothpaw's head turning towards Needledrift, who had stopped further back. He blinked gently, stepping closer.

"Yeah, absolutely!" Mothpaw said. He could do this! He was going to be the best apprentice ever, actually, he'd show them! Mothpaw wobbled a bit, but lowered in a crouch. Paws placed too far together, tail high and nose low to the ground. His eyes flicked down, then up towards Needledrift. "How's it look?" He asked. ​
"speech"​

Wobbling, unstable, unsteady. Needledrift can feel her thoughts unravelling as the apprentice lowers himself into a parody of a hunter's crouch. Her own apprentice may be new to clan life but even they could perform a decent crouch... She does her best to shove her dark thoughts to the side - maybe Mothpaw was just a slow learner?

She crouches down beside him, paws perfectly placed in a exaggerated fashion; watch me is the implicit command. Her paws slide forward, ghosting over the earth, a shadow underneath the pines. She is fluid, confident, graceful despite the peat-moss floor the ShadowClan territory is made of. When she is nearly a fox-length away, she straightens and turns the apprentice, extending one paw in a quiet offer. You next.
i will never leave your room, tell everything that bothers you

invis.png
Mothpaw twitched his ears as Needledrift dropped down. His head tilted gently, watching the warrior take over. She was crouching down, looking head- and notes were taken. Mothpaw watched intensely, the older leading the way. A whisper of her paws over the earth, truly beautiful performance of a hunting crouch. It made sense- Needledrift was a strong warrior, and Mothpaw only needed to watch. And he did- eyes wide and intent on the situation at hand, his ears perked and body language tuned in.

When she stood up straight and gestured to him, he nodded- a bit more excited then before. He shifted, inhaling deeply. He could do this! Absolutely, he could. Watch your ego, little man. A voice in his head spat out. Biting down on his tongue, he dropped into a crouch. His head was higher up, just a bit, fixing his center of gravity. He had his tail low, and gently reached out with his front paw to try and advance forward. It was awkward, but it was clear he had been paying attention. His face was wrinkled as he advanced, trying his best to keep himself together. It wasn't stellar, but even just the small instruction had been a big help. He popped back up, looking at Needledrift. Awkwardly, the words came out- "Thank you- I'm sorry. Webstripe was going to teach me but.." His ears flattened gently. ​
"speech"​