Tell the stars your dreams {RTA}

Firedawn

꧁༺ 𝓭𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮 ༻꧂
Jun 14, 2022
YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ENOUGH

She had disappeared. Not in the literal sense, of course, the Somali mixed just seemed to have melted into the background as of late and, while she had gotten her duties done, seemed to just become more and more introverted as each day passed.

She missed Azaela and Howling Wind. Not a day passed that she didn't think of them and wondered how they were fairing in their new homes. She had heard talk of a gathering happening soon, and Fire hoped that Briarstar would allow her to go so that she could have the chance to see one of them again.

The reddish molly would make her way back into camp, a lizard hanging limply from her jaws and a small glow of happiness in her emerald eyes. Her paws carried her to the fresh-kill pile and she would drop her contribution inside it before looking around to see if any cats were also done with their duties.

Spotting a group near one of the dens, she would make her way over, smiling warmly, and meowed softly, "Hello! How was everyone's day? The weather was beautiful for late Full Leaf."

Reclining in said group was the sharp tongued woman herself. Her pale pink tongue running over her paws after her small meal of a mouse she had been about to secure. It had been a lucky little catch, a small thing that raced across the lands and into the marshes. The taste of it is something she savored and down she has been preoccupying herself with grooming. Flexing her toes she spreads them wide to try and reach when she hears the bright voice of Fire. Blinking it takes her a moment to pull herself away from her grooming and she focuses on the molly before her. The energy she has is interest and she crossed her paws over one and another, feeling a slight tinge of sadness at missing Cicada's warmth during these moments of downtime.

"My day has been fine. I've been trying to hunt other prey to get us some variety but it's proven to be a bit taxing. But I see you have had a good hunt." She casually motions toward the lizard that the other just dropped onto the pile and she approves of it. Any meal counts and no one has the luxury to sock their noses up at anything they can get. Not even her despite her meager mice meal.

• Love
Reactions: Firedawn
Pitch doesn't miss any of them.

That's what he tells himself, every morning that he wakes up and notices how empty the warriors' den feels. They betrayed ShadowClan. Abandoned them for beautiful scenery and full bellies. At least we know now who the loyal ones are, he would say.

But that never stops the hurt. That sharp sting of betrayal that worms it's way into his chest.

How could they leave?

Fuck them all. ShadowClan doesn't need them!

Did they not care? Did they ever?

The inner turmoil, Pitch pushes aside. Waits until he's alone to scream and cry and curse them all. He is not alone right now, so he smiles and laughs, his spiky-furred tail curled delicately over his paws; too delicate for someone as vulgar as him, a deceitful display. He's in the midst of chewing on the bone of a frog, idly chatting with his aunt, when Fire's voice chimes in. Pitch grins around the bone, unaware of the spittle that hangs on the corner of his mouth. "I caught..." He hangs on the word for a heartbeat too long, building up the anticipation before... "Guess!" Pitch all but flings the bone to Fire, slobber splattering. He barks a laugh, eyes gleaming with fiery mischief. Guess by the bone, he urges Fire.

Like Pitch, Flicker is fine if she never sees those who left ShadowClan again. Gone for fish, gone for rabbits. Pfuh! What of the leader who'd taken them in so long ago, the cats who'd fostered a community? Flicker won't soon forget the cats who'd saved her life and taught her everything she knows now, even if Briarstar and her rules drive her a little crazy sometimes.

Those who remain in ShadowClan, though... Flicker had been blind, seeing only Moth in the shadows draping their camp. She's not had time or inclination to appreciate the loyalty of those who've remained.

And she's not great at making friends, even though she's lost many of the ones she'd fought hard to hold onto.

The tortoiseshell gives Fire a sniff. "You're cheerful today. Someone give you a compliment, or what? Pretty eyes? Shiny fur? What was it this time?" She bats her eyelashes and skips around the ginger femme, eyes next landing on Bonejaw.

"Maybe if you're lucky, Bonejaw, whoever lifted Miss Fire's spirits will come do something for yours. They're lookin' a little weak today." She grins, twitching her tail tip. Of course, Bonejaw always looks like that... but since she's been forced into a healer role, the black and white molly has had an even worse temper, it seems.

She can't say she minds, though. ShadowClan needs its gloomy cats just as it needs its good ones. Like her.

And Pitch, of course, one of Briarstar's less crazy spawn. She bursts into a fit of giggles as he hurls a bone sparkly with slobber in Fire's direction and urges her to guess what animal it's from. Weirdo.

PENNED BY MARQUETTE

Reactions: Firedawn
YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ENOUGH

Fire would purr warmly as Bonejaw praised her hunt and she tilted her head in a humble manner, "Just luck I guess, lizards aren't usually my best catches."

She turned her attention to Pitch, the tom smiling and laughing, teasing by asking them to guess what he had caught before tossing the bone he had been gnawing on towards her. Fire would catch it without thinking, and only wince lightly when some of the slobber on it wet her paw. She didn't want to be rude after all.

Flicker would step towards her as she made her catch, questioning her good mood and causing a light blush to touch her cheeks at the suggestion that it was due to some cats' compliments. "W-What? Oh no, I don't think that any cat ever looks at me that way." She would try to deflect, stammering slightly as she does so.

Fire clears her throat softly before looking back down at the bone and her whiskers would twitch in thought before she smiled brightly and gently nudged the bone back towards Pitch, "Looks like a frog bone to me!"

Dawn ✧ he/they ✧ Marsh Group. ░░░░░░░░░░░░░

The soft voice of Fire could be heard from were a cinnamon mink laid, still outside of the dens and seemingly nursing his leg more than usual. Dawn wasn't sure about everything that had been happening, why did Briarstar choose Pitch as her deputy? Wasn't it enough her sister was medicine cat? What was with the new names? Though it seemed like it kept everyone in a better mood, unlike what he could say for himself. His leg wasn't getting better. It wasn't getting worse, but it definitely wasn't getting any better. He still had a large gait in his walk as he dragged his leg around on the ground, and it was starting to annoy him more than he let on. Dawn though seemed to be keeping more things to himself nowadays than actually talking to others.

He watched Fire speak to that of how good the day was, Bonejaw chiming in about her own day and then Pitch throwing a bone at her. Dawn got up from his nest and made his way over fairly slowly, and stood beside that of Pitch as Flicker spoke to Fire. This little tinge twisted at his heart, sharp and painful, had someone complimented Fire today? Why didn't she say anything to him? Weren't they suppose to be best friends?

Then there was the guess as to what the bone that was hurled at her was; it was likely a frog. Dawn didn't know they had bones so it would be good to know about it. Yet his mind wondered back to the compliment, no one looks at me like that. The mink point furrowed his brown at the words as they processed in his head, and after Fire guessed what the bone was he piped up with, "You do look really nice today, Fire, very soft-and uhm-fluffy," His words faltered into a quiet tone as he realized how dumb he sounded. What point was he trying to prove?