pafp THAT CONSTANT STING [🤍] THEY CALL LOVE

IMG_0527.png

FIGFEATHER ♀

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Together, the children of Daisyflight had created a small memorial right outside of camp. They had no body to bury, no option to share-tongues with her one last time, but she still deserved something past Dawnglare’s ceremony for her death. Now she can remembered at the base of a small- tiny even, rocky foundation littered with pretty stones and flowers. All of the siblings had added their own touch, Figfeather personally had decorated the stones with the feathers of a robin. Perhaps it was Figfeather’s way of sharing her new name to her mother, maybe there was some further hidden symbolism behind it.

She steps away and nestles into the sides of her siblings as she sits down, glossy eyes staring at the memorial for they had created together. Figfeather feels it’d be appropriate to speak- but her throat tightens. ”…I can’t believe that she’s gone.” Figfeather chokes. ”I feel like- I’m having a bad dream. That Tallulahwing is going to be waking me up any second-“ For apprentice duties.
To a time that Daisyflight was still here. A time that Snowpaw and Butterflytuft never got captured, and neither their mother.

// @butterflytuft @Snowpaw @VIOLETPAW @GREENEYES :(
IMG_0534.gif

Butterflytuft sits slouched with her head down and ears angled backwards. She gazes at the memorial with tired, sad eyes before closing them to tuck her chin to her chest. She doesn't want to cry again. She feels like she's been doing nothing but cry. But she's the big sister and when they're all around, she has to at least try to be strong, just like Blazestar said. Figfeather sits by her, pressing in close and the tortoiseshell leans her head against the other's skull. She gazes at the holly sprigs she has strung about the stones, her own personal touch reminding her of the nursery. "I miss her so much," She sniffles, closing her eyes again.

dfsiw1w-6a338f22-aae1-492a-977c-37693fa88d2d.gif
Beside his siblings sits Greeneyes, his gaze lowered upon their makeshift memorial, his bright demeanor falling. How can she be gone? It's a question that repeats often in his head, these days, a grief-stricken denial that his mother is never coming back.

It just doesn't seem fair. Greeneyes doesn't think it will ever seem fair. Of all the cats that could have died in the shelter, why did it have to be her? Not that... Not that he'd wanted anyone else to die, of course. He just... He just wants his mom to be here. He wants to have spent the day celebrating her return, instead of building something in her memory.

A white paw reaches forward to adjust a crooked pine cone nestled between the stones. His own personal touch - Greeneyes has gifted pinecones to others before, and now to his mother, he'll do the same. A memory of the pine forest she'd once walked - the forest she raised them in, helped build a clan within.

He would've liked to add something shinier to their memorial, but most of the shiny objects he has are twoleg made, and he doesn't think that would be right to set upon his mother's shrine. He'll keep a look out for something more worthy, later.

"I miss her too," he says quietly, a shaky sigh following as he presses against the side of a sibling. "Do you... Do you think we'll make her proud?" Would she be watching on from the stars? Did she even know their warrior names? Greeneyes doesn't know, but he hopes someday he'll be able to see her again - that he'll be able to find out for himself, when the time comes.