private THAT SUN IS CRESTING | BERRYHEART

✦  .   ˚ .   His tired head rests on tired paws, and dark eyes are half-lidded somewhere between sickness and laziness. Today is one of his better days. The herbs Berryheart had him take earlier have done their job until it's time for the next dose and breathing doesn't take so much effort. It's in moments like this that his thoughts are most clear. The weakness of his paws and the scarcity of prey that comes in this den and all of camp. It's good that he's not hungry when there's so little to be had, but he knows that it's not so easy. He knows that he's weak, and that his tiredness is bad.

"Berryheart?" he asks in a crackly voice, clearing it before he speaks again, though it takes a while to manage. His gaze finds his paws and the odd softness of them, no longer so full of muscle and callused skin. "Can I go hunting? Just...alone." It's not what he had originally meant to ask, but the question he most wants an answer to is heavy clogging his throat. A clod of dirt that fights against the bile and caustic tears threatening to spill out when he acknowledges it. A stopper that would let loose everything else if he pulled it out. "I won't get anyone else sick. Maybe I can catch something."
border2.png

• OOC. set before his starclan dream!! @BERRYHEART
  • ✦  .   ˚ .  DUSKPAW. HE - HIM OR THEY - THEM. APPRENTICE OF THUNDERCLAN, NEARING WARRIORHOOD. PENNED BY REVELATIONS.  ———
    55613602_gyytUHFbTl2Funb.png
    ——  a lanky apprentice with mostly dark brown fur that fades just slightly near the chest, throat, and ears, while the tip of their tail burns with the bright orange tabby flame. his eyes are a deep, rich amber-brown, seeming red, often somewhat critical and cautious but not unkind in expression. he is not terribly tall, but his shoulders are broadening with age and training.
    ✦ BLAZESTAR x LITTLE WOLF. LITTERMATE TO SKYPAW, PART OF HOWLINGFAM. MENTORED BY NIGHTBIRD. DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT HIS SKYCLAN HERITAGE. —
  • "speech"

Berryheart worried for all- in his own subdued manner, of course. But to the observant it would be noticeable that, out of everyone, dull green eyes flicked to Kindles the most. His nephew, one of his closest kin- one who had always sought him for wisdom, even in youth. Who seemed not to get bored of stuffy scents or monotonous company. More visibly than ever did he fret, even if the extremes of Berryheart's behaviour were more muted than most.

He can imagine the frustration, trapped in here. Fleetingly did feverfew allow moments of clarity, healthiness in ill health, and Berryheart appreciated these conversations even if hey were tainted with the croak of a throat. A slow blink passed over his gaze, and... reluctantly, he shook his head. The sheen of tears aswim in Kindles' eyes did not bypass Berryheart's attention. His words were uninterrupted with hesitation, but it hurt to refuse his nephew. "If anything happened," he said, voice oddly soft- slightly muffled between ajar fangs. "I would never forgive myself." And your mother would not either, he thought. Or, indeed, my own.
PENNED BY PIN ☾