THAT WE'RE FINE, YOU AND I ☆ honeysplash

BEECHDAPPLE

" you don't owe this world a thing. "
Aug 24, 2024
the sun sat at the highest point in the sky, watching over it's domain with a keen eye as golden rays spill between lazily moving clouds to illuminate and bring warmth the hollow below. pushing through the cleft of brambles appears the familiar, mustached face of beechdapple who returned from her outing with a plump quail hanging from her jaws and a mottled tail lifted high and slightly curled, a clear sign of pride after a successful hunt.

after a few passing greetings to clanmates that flitted about camp, the calico headed towards the nursery where the avian is set down for a moment while she peeks in with a toothy grin to announce. "hope i ain't interupting naptime but i brought yall something to eat." a few of the kits who were previously enraptured by play, quickly detangle themselves from eachother to race to have the first bite leaving the warrior to let out a raspy laugh. "calm down, it ain't flyin' anywhere anytime soon!" beechdapple jokes, moving her focus from the youngsters to honeysplash. "hey kiddo, why don't you join me out here for a little?" she offers in softened tone before removing herself from the nursery to find a spot just outside to settle down and whenever the cream tabby decides to show, beechdapple would begin speak.

"how have you been, sweetheart?"

|| mobile post
@Honeysplash

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Honeysplash

-ˋˏ ༻❇༺ ˎˊ- The sun was high in the sky, leaving behind its warm rays and sunny weather with them as the moon would start its rise soon. The air was thick as if rain was on the horizon or some sort of break from the sweltering heat. Though one could only hope for such thing as rain.

Kits laughed and played nearby, but yet the feeling of joy felt so strange in their white chest. Watching the orange pelts of her little ones roll around and such usually made a smile appear, but lately it had been hard to find such a thing. They tried to not let it show but it was growing harder and harder to explain why Florabreeze wasnt visiting them anymore. Why things had changed and all they could really do was obsess over the fact they weren’t enough- for anyone it seemed.

Still, they tried to keep a brave face on for their kits as they needed at least one warm parent in their life. They needed someone there for them and she was going to support those three no matter what happens to them. Her little girl, her bups and her little good luck charm. They were what mattered most of all.

Then a familiar face walks up to the nursery, where they had been laying watching the kits play and they all swarmed the prey like they hadn’t eaten in years. Honeysplash was grateful for this as weening had taken a lot of time out of her and now they could eat normal prey as well. Less on her body for certain, she hardly recognized herself anymore after having her children.

Beechdapple was an older molly with soft calico fur and a warm face. Honeysplash knew her since being an apprentice, she had to be around her sisters’ age, and she had been a maternal figure here in camp while Alice had been one back in twoleg place. Also who was ever going to object to more figures in their lives? Positive ones at least.

She laughs at their antics, and then addresses her asking if she would join her. They pause and hesitate for a moment, as they hadn’t really been going many places other than the nursery, dirt place and her nest. Honeysplash had sort of isolate herself in the last few days and it showed in her fur, her eating and the sorrowful look she now had in her green eyes.

Hey Beechdapple,” She greeted the calico sheepishly and they flick back their ears a little as they join the molly beside the nursery. Honeysplash lays down and tucks her paws under her chest, and the question pangs a lot in her chest.

How was she?

Where do they even begin?

Honeysplash looked down at her grassy ground beneath them and shrugged, “I-I’ll be okay, just a little rough right now,” She was cautious with her words, even though the young molly usually spouted everything and anything on her mind. Though Honeysplash has learned to not let people so close so quickly, cause one never knows what theyll just decide theyre not enough, “They kits are to be apprenticed next moon, so im excited for them to grow and learn to be warriors- though ill miss them terribly im afraid,” She tired to laugh, but the sound was hollow and she shuffled her front dipped paws. Though the nursery had driven her crazy, she no longer finds a reason to return to her duties. Or well she was less excited to do so.

How’re you?

• Speech
  • 78199419_gjurPbpI3pGRvx7.png
  • Honeysplash she/they/it, Warrior of Skyclan, 31 moons.
    a lithe, short haired cream tabby and white patched cat with mossy green eyes
    sister to Orangestar, Applefrost, Apricotflower and Cloudberrythorn // aunt to; Cherryblossom, Eggbounce, Tawnyclaw, Glimmersun // crushing on; No one // mother to; Cloverkit, Adderkit, Weaselkit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by wolf@wolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

beechdapple has known honeysplash for a majority of their youth as she did a majority of skyclan's members and could fondly recall how bright-eyed and bushy-tailed they were, always bouncing on the tips of their toes and rambling a mile a minute about whatever came to mind but now it seemed like that piece of honeysplash had slowly withered away ever since their return from being gone for so long and it absolutely broke the molly's heart to see the tabby speak such sullen words masked by a frail attempt at seeming okay by choosing to be brief with their feelings and instead switching the topic to upcoming apprenticeships.

an expression of concern etches onto aged features at this but doesn't push for honeysplash to go into more detail although hopes the further their catch-up goes the more open and honest they can be with her, for now beechdapple shifts to gingerly press against the other as a silent way to say i'm here for you. "never ceases to amaze me just how fast these scraps are growing, you blink once and suddenly they're already leaving the nest to start being independent but hey, atleast you can go back to do regular duties meaning you can finally stretch your legs." she says with a rasping purr, getting a bit more comfortable by tucking one paw beneath herself before continuing with her prattling. "i've been doing as fine as always, don't think there's ever a dull day when you're in skyckan though with how many strange things get swept into our neck of the woods. why just a few days ago i head one of the patrols came across a massive, colorful bird that was squawking up a storm!" the calico's shoulders shake in time with her chuckling, eyes crinkling at the corners.

"maybe when you're officially good to go, we can go on a patrol together and hope for another surprise mystery to show up."

• Love
Reactions: wolfie