private The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree // cloudberrythorn

Jan 5, 2023

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- The sun was about mid-way through the sky, casting down its golden rays through the tree tops. The air was thick with the scent of rain but it never threatened to fall just yet. Seemed to be more humid than anything else lately and dry almost. Though new leaf had surprises of its own so it was best to not keep hopes up. A small body moved through the dappled grass, dark green eyes moved around for a moment before looking over their shoulder, “Come on, its not super far,” The figured called out to another. They had been wondering the forest for sometime now and they had been stubborn about keeping up walking.

Honeysplash wanted nothing more than to get stronger. Chrys had been too busy for the day to help her out with her physical training, so she had asked another cat; her brother. They hadn’t really talked to one another in a long time. Not since she left and shortly after the two legs captured them in those traps. Did she miss her brother? Of course, and she wished often that they could rekindle their bond. Orangestar was far too busy for anyone else now and it hurt more than anything, but she was hopeful her brother would be the cat she could talk to about it. About anything really.

The cream warrior stopped in a small clove of tall grass and finally seemed to have enough. She heaved a breath and sat down, her leg throbbed beside her and she sighed with a small growl of annoyance at herself. How was she suppose to get better if her leg wouldn’t cooperate?

• SPEECH
  • 78199381_aoTXrQHcRsrwjrB.png
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 27 moons.
    A lithe, cream tabby cat with high white and green eyes.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by youwolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

𓅫 Conversations with his cream tabby sibling are difficult, these days. It’s almost awkward, as though he and Honeysplash have grown apart—though being forced apart by circumstance is more accurate. Since she’d disappeared for ages, and since he’s thrown himself more and more into his duties to ignore the dread clawing its way up his throat, he’s ashamed to say that he hasn’t interacted much with the other warrior. And now, of course, she’s taken a new mate after Quillstrike… and he wants to bare his fangs, strike his claws through tortoiseshell-patched fur. Chrysaliswing isn’t good enough for someone as kind as Honeysplash.

Still, Cloudberrythorn treks languidly after his sibling, blue-shaded tail flickering behind him with interest. When Honeysplash comes to a stop and settles down with a heavy breath and a grumble, sharp orange eyes narrow at her. "’s it bothering you?" He asks, head tipping slightly to one side. His tail’s gentle swishing has become an irritated lashing; his annoyance does not lie with Honeysplash, but rather with whatever enemy had injured her so greatly in the first place. "How’s the healing going, anyway? Any better?" The tom’s tail curls around his own paws, careful to adopt a position that allows him to rush forth and help steady her, if need be.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Where her and her siblings close anymore? No- she wouldn’t expect them to be anymore. It made her feel so guilty, so shamed, to have lost such important relationships with those around her. Part of her wishes she had tried harder to find her way back so she wouldn’t have missed so much- but she had gotten lost. Worked up into a rogue group for a long time, and it did irreversible damage to her relationships. It was her own fault really. Like Chrys had said- she abandoned them.

Honeysplash looks up as her blue-furred brother approaches her to catch up, and he asks if it was bothering her. The young cream warrior huffed slightly and glared down at her leg with vitriol, “Yeah- it’s been a bother. I dont think ill ever walk normally again” She said softly and swatted at some grass with a paw, “[color=
#eec25f]Its- better? I can walk a little further now and im free from the medicine den- but it’ll be a while before i can hunt or fight properly again. I have to relearn everything[/color]”

It was irritating. Her skills had dulled in her absence and she wanted to make up for it. “Chrys said he was gonna help me learn to fight again- be my mentor for a moon or two” She gave a small smile as she said his name and swished her tail behind her, “Flora i wanna ask if she’d wanna teach me to hunt again too- I don’t know though. It took my hours to find that stupid mouse-

Honeysplash had gotten a plastic egg gift for Chrys earlier that day and had been rightfully rejected for the gesture. Maybe she was trying too hard? To impress him, to make him like her- he didnt like her. He probably just tolerated her more than anything else. Thats how it felt with everyone- that they were being tolerated more than liked. Honeysplash pushed the feeling down and shook her head slightly, “How have you been, Cloudy? Did anyone assigned a poor apprentice to you yet?” She teased her brother of course with a little giggle.

• SPEECH
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 27 moons.
    A lithe, cream tabby cat with high white and green eyes.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by youwolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.