THE BULLFROG'S CROAK [ intro ]

moontide.

anything , anything
Aug 12, 2022
IN A VEIL OF GREAT SURPRISES, I WONDER IF YOU LOVE ME AT ALL?
trapped between horrid, ivory claws lay a beast of the swamps. an eye trained upon it, the other had been put to rest many moons ago. the frog stares back, both in complete silence. predator or prey? she isn't sure herself. moontide could bare her fangs and tell the creature to look upon her. look. look at how monstrous i can be. aren't you afraid? but there will never be an answer to such a plea for attention. the frog croaks and bellows, the feline is silent with small whispers. they could never understand each other, and while moontide is busy dwelling with her philosophies, the frog stays. unexpectantly.

she had given the animal a perfect way to flee, distracted with little care to actually eat it. her stomach was far too sensitive for the smooth and slippery skin of a frog. the dilemma comes from the knowledge that her clanmates grow hungry. yet, can she slay such a creature? when it had stayed beside her this entire night? is that now a show of bravery, of foolish courage? or perhaps, the animal is just as entranced with her as she is him. to onlookers, it's another strange ploy of the woman. this stare-off with no winner, no point to it. a crack sounds in the distance, frightening the croaking beast within her grip. the need for survival outweighs it all, and eventually, it hops out of her self-made enclosure. leaving her, head bowed to the ground in sorrow. it's never nice to spend the night alone, and it seems to be her fate now that her companion has left.

જ➶ Walking alone always brings too many thoughts to his head. Too many sorrows piercing his heart and so he does try to distract himself but he isn't expecting to run into someone else at the current moment. Still the half blind tom finds himself feeling rather bad that he scared off the other's prey. Quickly his chimera figure reaches forward quickly, paws reaching to stop the hopping of the frog that deems to escape from its prison. "Sorry, sorry, haha, I didn't mean to scare off a potential meal. Totally my bad." He speaks with nothing short of friendliness as he gently pulls the frog back towards the other. Though after a moment he tilts his head and realizes that the other's name escapes him. Oh fuck. He is a bad clanmate. His ears pull back and he turtles his head against his shoulders as he gives a tense smile.

"Hey, you won't slap me if I said that I don't remember your name. Honestly I'm better with faces but names seem to be really important to some, ya know, hehe..." Those small sheepish giggles leave him as he tries to lighten the mood a little.

• banner.png
    ── "Ah, it happens to everyone," Rosemire says flippantly, intending to reassure Chittertongue that he's not a complete disaster— or at least, not a lonely one. Because it turns out that he doesn't actually know her name either, which...well. That's to be expected. He wavers in and out of ShadowClan's foreground, driven by just how loud the shadows in his periphery are. There are faces he doesn't get to know very well, and some he doesn't know at all, and for that, both he and Chittertongue are up shit creek without a paddle.

"Was that a frog, by the way?" He latches onto the distraction eagerly. "Y'know, if you let it hop away, I wouldn't blame you. Mud is less textured on the way down."

•  
  •  
  •  
  • ──── surr'oseal'isme (rosemire; formerly roseal). he/him. reluctantly shadowclan.
    ──── approximately forty months old and is not entirely certain of his true age.
    ──── single & uninterested in any romantic attachments; possibly open for flings.
    ──── tall, scarred albino w/ sharply-peaked ears and a bobbed, scruffy tail (voice).
    ──── ─── currently noticeably haggard. starting to regain weight, but still rather thin.​
  •  

• unebebebebbebe.png

If you don't like me, that's your problem
Tornadopaw silently trails in behind the ivory male, peering beyond his shoulder to spot the amphibian hoping off to safety. Her ears swivel and twitch as she listens to the males comment, tail flicking as she takes a seat upon the ground. "I've never tried frog before...they don't look appetizing enough." She murmurs, breaking her silence. She enjoyed a good lizard and mammals like birds and the like. But never put herself in a situation to try frogs. Her attention then gravitates towards Moontide, blinking calmly. "What were you doing way out here by yourself?" She questions finally.
When I let it bother me, that's my problem

THE REST IS STILL UNWRITTEN

"MOONTIDE!"

the sound of an overly excited kitten sprung forth from the nursery as he tumbled out of it. he stood up, his eyes wide and filled with a wild curiosity before he rushed over to his friend, bumping into the warrior, before moving to sit beneath her head, and between her front legs. he pushed his head against her leg, purring loudly before blinking.

"huh? are you sad? oh, oh! raggedkit knows just how to cheer you up! okay okay watch this! watch this one! are you watching him?"

he is back on his paws, skipping forward and spinning towards his friend. he slowly lowered the front half of his body, leaving his flank in the air, tail twitching back and forth before he jumped off of his hind legs. he pushed his weight forward, so that he could completely flip over, hitting the ground with a slight wince before looking up with a gentle wag of his tail, just like that of a dog.

"did it work, did it work!? are you okay now?! did he help?!"