oneshot THE DEVIL IS A LIAR ;; ruminating.

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
There were a few, fleeting moments when Fireflypaw wished he could see again. He was thankful that Mother and Dawnglare had healed him back to health, but the loss of sight is devastating when he missed the rare moments of happiness he had when he could see. He eyes, ever so ghostly and pale, are reminiscent of a spirit roaming the living lands. He is ever-wandering, ever lurking as he listens to his clanmates go on with their day. For they are blessed with sight, able to view those they love with clear eyes and full hearts. His paw clenches at the thought, memories of emerald greens and lashes that fluttered when focused coming into mind. His tail twitches then, the emotions he felt something he doesn't understand.

A passing scent of clover and pine, ever so soft against his nose, wisps right by him. Familiar, sending his heart pumping all over again as it always did. His head swivels to follow the scent, yet his paws remain stationary. Ever still, just like always. Never did he follow, never did he chase after the scent that made his heart throb and stomach leap for joy. His job holds him still, reminding him constantly of his devotions to Those Above. Mother whispers soft secrets into his ears, tempting him with the chances he could take. But Fireflypaw was never one to take. He always gave, gave everything until his legs gave out and he had nothing to give any longer. His own future was filled with the laughs and cries of his Clan, but there was always the haunting feeling of loneliness that ate at his bones like bugs.

He loved Greeneyes.

Greeneyes was the sun to him, shining ever so brightly- he wanted to protect his happiness.

He turns then, heading back into the medicine den. Should I tell him? Even if I know nothing will come out of it.. Even if I know he will deny me, even if it will ruin our friendship.. The thoughts plague him as he disappears into the holly bush, charcoal tail blending into the dark.​
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 22 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS