THE DRAGONBORN COMES | crappie

Jul 24, 2022

• gIT5bkp.png

aM0rEPG.png
    CRAPPIEPAW ; CRAPPIEPATCH
    ↳ named for their mother’s favorite food, and for their multicolored patches of fur
    — nonbinary, he/they; afab
    — warrior of riverclan
    — 20 months / ages every 1st
    ↳ penned by @foxlore ; PINTEREST
  • THIN CALICO WITH BRIGHT GREEN EYES / TOYHOUSE
    crappiepaw is a short, slender feline with a sickly appearance. they are thin as a reed, with their hipbones and each of their ribs showing through their short, thin coat of fur. their pelt is mostly white, with patches of black and pale orange concentrated mostly around their shoulders. their eyes are bright green, and usually wide with curiosity.
    ↳ looks very feminine, but uses ONLY masc/neutral terms​
    ↳ sh tortoiseshell with high white (carries lh, dilute, cinnamon, point, masks classic tabby)
  • intelligence ●●●●●●●●○○
    confidence ●●●●●○○○○○
    charisma ●●●○○○○○○○
    creativity ●●●●●●●●●○
    wisdom ●●●●●●●○○○
    humor ●●○○○○○○○○

(+) diligent, caring, observant, inquisitive (/) creative, anxious, focused, cautious, independent (-) judgmental, hypocritical, strict, easily discouraged

crappiepatch is overall a diligent and cautious warrior who takes their responsibilities seriously. they are unwilling to take risks, and prefer to remain safely within their comfort zone. they are eager to learn new things, though, an inquisitive cat at heart. they place extreme focus on performing tasks correctly, and are nervous about making mistakes as they go about their duties. they enjoy being given tasks to complete, preferring their structure to come from others, and are appreciative of direct instructions. indirect orders or instructions confuse them easily, as does sarcasm, and both are likely to cause frustration or annoyance.

they take the well-being of their clanmates very seriously, and are constantly observing those around them. typically crappiepatch keeps their distance and prefers not to be touched, but they are quick to show physical affection with those who they consider their friends. they are quick to offer help when they believe it is needed, even if their efforts tend to be slow and awkward. even in regular circumstances, they are certainly a strange cat who prefers to do things on their own and often remains a safe distance away from others.

crappiepatch once wished to be a healer, believing that their caring nature could be an asset to their clan. their intense desire for knowledge led them to draw the conclusion that they were the best suited for the position of healer’s apprentice—but when not one but two different apprentices were chosen for the position, they finally gave up on their dream. they take such rejections hard, and tend to beat themself up about their perceived failures. they grow irritable when things do not go their way, and they dislike spontaneous changes in plans. all of this leads to a young cat who charges eagerly after their dreams, but is easily discouraged when they do not make progress.

they pass judgment quickly on others, and keep record of first impressions of the cats they meet. however, hypocritical to their core, crappiepatch believes that they should not be judged based upon first impressions. similarly, they are very strict about clan rules and are willing to rat others out, but feel as though it is an insult to their intelligence for them to be scolded by others. overall, they are an artistic and creative cat who spends perhaps too much time decorating their nest, their den, their pelt—anything they can get their paws on.

— mannerisms: almost constantly sniffling and coughing, sneezing. very sickly. spends much of their time in the medicine den. walks with stiff, jerky movements. makes intense eye contact. awkward and stilted in conversation.
    ↳ lawful neutral
    ↳ circle of stars druid 3 / divination wizard 2
  • npc xx npc | sibling to none
    mentoring none
    ↳ previously mentored none
    mate to none | parent to none
    ──── admires cindershade, snakeblink
    ──── close friends with koispots, quietstream
    ──── friends with ashpaw, gloompaw, fernpaw, iciclefang
    ──── likes houndstride, willowroot, cicadastar, dovepaw, darkwhisker
    ──── conflicted about shadowclan, hyacinthbreath
    ──── dislikes skyclan, petalnose, ravenpaw, brookkit
    ──── loathes windclan, thunderclan
  • strength ●○○○○○○○○○
    stamina ●●○○○○○○○○
    agility ●●●●○○○○○○
    hunting ●●●○○○○○○○
    swimming ●●●●●●●○○○
    climbing ●●●●●●○○○○
    constitution ●●●○○○○○○○

bisexual (masc leaning) / single, has a silly little crush on darkwhisker
    ↳ very slow to trust, slow to forgive, glacially slow to make friends
    — physical health: [ 60% ] | mental health: [ 75% ]
    ↳ suffers from chronic sinusitis due to nasal polyps
    — will not initiate fights / will flee if overpowered or outnumbered / will show mercy
    excels at swimming, climbing, memorization
    poor at hunting, running, fighting
    — sounds like: sickly, high-pitched and nasally / voice claim
    — smells of
    — speech is #d2ae81
    ↳ peaceful or healing powerplay is always allowed
  • ► The Fear - Ben Howard
    Skinny Love - Bon Iver
    Girls Against God - Florence + the Machine
    The Wind - Cat Stevens
    New Slang - The Shins
    I Can’t Handle Change - Roar
    Wild - aeseaes
    song - artist
  • Code:
    [center][box=70%][justify][font=arial]Text [COLOR=#d2ae81]"Text"[/COLOR]
    [/font][/justify][right][color=#f0a37d][font=tahoma][I][ my my, cold hearted child ][/I][/font][/color][/right][/box][/center]

Last edited:
inventory

a collection stashed beneath crappie’s nest, hidden well.

— numerous small unidentified human objects: a few shiny buttons, bottle caps, paperclips, coins, etc.
— several dried and flattened leaves, some herbal and some not
— a bundle of dried yellow flowers, woven together with a length of reed

Last edited:
I'LL PURR LIKE A GOOD CHILD — ⋆✦°
BUT YOU KNOW I'M STILL WILDTAGS

MY MONTAGE OF LOST THINGS — ⋆✦°
MY SHINING TRINKETS OF GRIEFTAGS

SORRY SEEDER, BOTTOM FEEDER — ⋆✦°
NIPPING AT WHAT ANKLE'S LEFTTAGS

JUST A BLADE IN THE GRASS — ⋆✦°
A SPOKE UNTO THE WHEELTAGS

Last edited:
battle notes

Open to: injury, scarring
Closed to: maiming, killing

Small and sickly, not strong at all. Cannot smell, so they are easy to sneak up on.
Poor fighter, will try to keep as much distance between themself and their opponents as possible.

Will not aim to kill or seriously injure. Will not initiate fights. Will run if overpowered or outnumbered.

— I write battles very aggressively, but I won’t get upset if your character dodges hits, etc. I want us both to be satisfied with the results of the battle, so feel free to DM me if there’s a certain way you’d like for it to pan out!

— Please note that I will not roll for attacks/damage/etc. Almost all attacks will land on my characters (unless I’m avoiding certain injuries), and I take my characters’ strengths, weaknesses, & experience into account during fights.​

Last edited:
  • f0ay1i.jpg

CRAPPIEPATCH ; appreciates the way their name sounds
    a slender warrior with big feelings and big opinions, crappiepatch seems much more comfortable in the water than they are on land.
    ⤷ named for their mother’s favorite food, and for their multicolored patches of fur
    — non-binary; he/they; afab; looks very feminine but accepts only masc/neutral terms
    — warrior of riverclan; loyal because they have nowhere else to go
    — 20 months / ages every 1st
    gIT5bkp.png
    aM0rEPG.png
    — penned by foxlore; PINTEREST ; PLAYLIST
  • f0ay1i.jpg
    shorthaired tortoiseshell with high white (carries longhair, dilute, chocolate)
    THIN CALICO WITH BRIGHT GREEN EYES / ]TOYHOUSE
    Crappiepatch is the spitting image of his mother, if his mother were made of sticks and fishbones crudely assembled into the form of a cat. His frame is tall and slender, with dainty facial features and gentle green eyes. While his pelt was thin and patchy as an apprentice and into his early warriorhood, he now appears much more healthy, with a sleek coat thick enough to ward off the chill of icy water. His pelt is mostly white, with patches of black and pale orange concentrated mostly around his shoulders. Settled into his fur are a multitude of shiny fish scales, making his pelt glitter under the shine of direct sunlight.

Almost constantly sniffling, coughing, or sneezing. Spends most of wintertime in the medicine den.
  • f0ay1i.jpg

LOGICAL / INTELLIGENT / DUTIFUL / CAUTIOUS / DISTRUSTFUL / ANXIOUS / WITHDRAWN / LOYAL / TRAIT / TRAIT
    Anxious and withdrawn, Crappiepatch tends to wait for others to speak before engaging in conversation. They are a methodical and logical cat, preferring to think things through before acting upon any ideas they have. They have a system in place and they tend to get cranky if their system is interrupted. Behind their nervous, jumpy nature is a quick wit and a sharp intellect. Their situational awareness is advantageous in fights, aiding them where their strength is lacking.

They don’t trust others easily, and are wary of many clanmates despite living together for their entire life. Strangers are treated rather coldly until they show themselves trustworthy, but once proven, Crappiepatch’s trust is not lost without a fight. They will stand up in defense of their friends without any question of morality.

Lawful Neutral. Circle of Stars Druid / Divination Wizard. Walks with stiff, jerky movements. Makes intense eye contact. Awkward and stilted in conversation.
  • f0ay1i.jpg

NPC xx NPC | sibling to none
    ⤷ mentoring none
    Mate to none | Parent to none
    NOTABLE FRIENDS: who
    NOTABLE ENEMIES: who

SINGLE ; BIROMANTIC & ASEXUAL
    slow to trust, finds it difficult to make friends
    SMELLS LIKE: what
    speech is #d2ae81
  • f0ay1i.jpg

► SONG NAME - artist
    SONG NAME - artist
    SONG NAME - artist
    SONG NAME - artist
  • f0ay1i.jpg

born to a mother from the marsh colony and a father from the pine colony, crappie has been a disappointment from the start. they never knew the father, who left their mother to join windclan not long after crappie was born.

they were a healthy kit, even after their mother strangely disappeared one night; their chronic health issues did not set in until they were around 5 months old, when they fell ill with all the symptoms of an upper respiratory infection. they were treated by the healer for such an infection, but nothing seemed to work to stave it off for good. after a few months of the infection going away and then reocurring, it was assumed that crappie would simply have to live with such an illness for the rest of their life.

their apprenticeship was marked with disappointment and slow development, with very few accomplishments to their name. it was also marked with tragedy; one of their friends, gloompaw, went missing. then windclan attacked their temporary camp. then thunderclan stole a part of riverclan territory. then it was announced that not only would gloompaw be replaced as the healer’s apprentice, but she would be replaced by ravenpaw, a clanmate who crappie did not like.

(to add insult to injury, crappie had hoped they would be chosen as beesong’s apprentice back when gloompaw had been chosen, and had to watch as once again they were passed over for the position. and worse, the healer explained that ravenpaw was chosen because he showed interest—as if crappie hadn’t shown more than enough interest! as if crappie wasn’t already in the healer’s den more often than not! their resentment toward the healers of the clan began to grow at this point.)

fast forward a year and crappiepatch, now a warrior, is a dutiful and dedicated member of their clan. they are more certain of their place in riverclan, and have allowed themself to fade into an easy routine of patrolling and hunting without complaint. when yellowcough struck the clans, they managed to keep from catching it, but in exchange they had to work doubly as hard to support the clan during the time. They fought against the rogue invaders with a ferocity never before seen from them, and when retaking RiverClan’s territory they even managed to kill one of the rogues.
  • Code:
    HERE

Last edited: