the empress. iii | orangeblossom

The chatter of the dismissed meeting swell around them, warriors and apprentices rushing to congratulate the five named. Thistleback weaves through them like a snake until he reaches the scarred muzzle she-cat. " congratulations mum " he greets her kindly, despite the melancholy tune hanging in the air for both of them. She stood without her mate on one of the most important nights of their lives, and he without his apprentice on the day he should be named warrior.

" come, you can use Deersong’s old nest. I lined it with crow feathers to make it sturdy and soft. Nothing scarier than a pregnant molly with a sore back, I’d rather a rabid badger " he jests as he points his pawsteps towards the nursery. " So, I want to keep things up as you do. You let me know what you expect of me, that way nothing falls out of line " he offers, with him having to take over her duties, he was sure they had much to discuss.

• @orangeblossom

• MqZ0nzd.png

Thirty-seven moons EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    — Lead warrior of Skyclan since 12.22.22
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22 | polyamorous
    Father of Coyotepaw, Pricklepaw, and Eveningpaw.
    — mentoring Snowpaw graduate(s) Quillstrike
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
    OPEN for Dice battles | 🎲 stine#3004
  • bVBPWus.png

Orangeblossom huffs a dry purr at Thistleback's greeting, the scarred deputy rising to her paws as the meeting is dismissed around them and groups break off to congratulate new warriors and apprentices alike. It's bittersweet, however, especially with Snowpaw and Daisyflight's capture with the rest of the litter earning their full names, and the announcement of her own pregnancy with no Ashenclaw beside her.

"I'll take my own moss from the warrior's den, but thanks. Deersong's moved back into the warrior's den now, hasn't she? You should move the crow feathers back with her so she's more comfortable." She shakes her head, and ducks into the nursery so they can speak. Dizzymoth hasn't poked her head back inside yet, likely out chatting to the new warriors or congratulating Shardpaw. Either way, it gives the two a bit of space to talk. Orangeblossom sits down comfortably, curling her tail about her paws, and thinks for a minute.

"Okay. I send out new patrols every half moon. Apprentices go with mentors, and our WindClan refugees don't go near the borders at all until Blazestar says otherwise. It ..." Doesn't matter, but - "If we get Slate back soon, don't put him and SIlversmoke anywhere near each other. They'll bicker until sundown if they're on the dawn patrols." She rolls her eyes, though it's a frail mask to hide her hurt.

"I think this also means you'll be taking Eveningpaw on, and maybe Termitepaw too? I've been keeping an eye on their training since Ashenclaw disappeared. Not formally, but they still need to learn." Brown eyes stray to the den entrance, wondering if she'll catch a glimpse of a bicolour pelt; unsurprisingly, she does not. "Termitepaw's due to be a warrior next moon, keep an eye on their climbing and fighting because they will slack off on both out of fear. And as for Eve ..." The ghost of a smile crosses her muzzle. "You should be proud. I couldn't ask for a better apprentice; she's clever and attentive, but she's jumpy because of everything happening."

•  
  • orangeblossom.png
    orangeblossom. tags.
    — she/her, skyclan deputy.
    — mentor to eveningpaw.
    — attack in #e08550. uses trees as an integral part of her fighting style.
    — mean enough to note that her thoughts don't reflect my opinions as a writer haha.
    — penned by mercibun; @ me in any official tabbytales discord for plots. :]
    — art by merc!<3