camp the end and the death } intro

ONYXPAW

☄. *. ⋆ DON'T YOU BLAME ME
Nov 4, 2023
I WISH YOU COULD SEE THE WICKED TRUTH — A moon. Onyxpaw had been an apprentice for a full moon now, yet she still felt like she was nothing more than a kit whose paws were too big for her body. She constantly felt like she was floundering, even as she followed her mentor's instruction and internalized everything that they taught her. According to them she wasn't failing - at least not in their eyes - yet every day she felt like she was somehow falling behind. Falling behind Yellowpaw, even though she found herself trailing behind the other apprentice more often than not. Though, her mentor had implied that maybe that was why she found herself so insecure over her own abilities. She didn't have many friends to help lift her up, her own shyness rendering her silent and distant whenever others were gossiping or issuing challenges to their friends.

Onyxpaw had a feeling her mentor was right, but the how of how to fix that was a horrifying prospect.

For not the first time the chimera found herself lingering outside of the bramble bush that made up the apprentices' den, shifting nervously from paw to paw as she tried to figure out what she wanted to say. How were you meant to make friends at her age, when so many of her clanmates had already befriended those around them in the nursery? Maybe she should've asked Yellowpaw, instead of just thinking she could magically grab friends out of thin air. "Hi, I'm Onyxpaw. Do you- Her jaws snapped shut soon after the faux greeting left her, ears flattening at how awkward she still sounded. Even when she was talking to the thin air she found herself struggling, shoulders hunched and head hung. The apprentice hadn't even thought of how public her struggling was, figuring everyone else would be too busy to focus any attention on her.

• 75034637_eiCvVhxv9vQNT6l.png
    shorthaired tortoiseshell point and chocolate point chimera with blue eyes
    5 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; crushing on yellowpaw
    daughter of monarchroot and sleetjaw
    shadowclan born; silently loyal to her home
    difficult to befriend; shy to most except yellowpaw
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

[ ༻❄༺ ] Albiet Onyxpaw being a moon younger than her, she rarely had ever seen the other paw. She was always gone like the shadow or busy trailing behind another apprentice...yellowpaw was it? Either way, it was still strange to see her shuffling bout near the apprentice den and not only that it would seem she had been attempting to converse with the air alough with that, she still looked quite defeated with herself. t

Humming the apprentice approach, having clasped a relatively good-sized fresh-kill in her maw. She wanted to share with Thornpaw and Basilpaw (or whichever she saw first), yet however, it would seem Onyxpaw was in dire need of some actual company and not the air in front of her. Soon enough she came in sight of the other before dropping the prey in front of the other's paw, yellow gaze calm, cool even. "You seem lonely, wish to share?" she offered to the other. Oh how easy it had become for Snowpaw to interact with others, when she was in the nursery she had isolated herself and here now was she, attempting to befriend practically the most shyest apprentice there was yet.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Snowpaw She/Her, apprentice of Shadowclan, 6 moons.
    Lithe long hair blue lynx sepia with high white, and yellow eyes. Stubby tail, permanent resting bitch face
    Hailfreckle x Mudsplash
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

*+:。.。 By no means was Singekit a shy kid, but he shared Onyxpaw's struggle nonetheless with making friends. It would seem not only was not talking enough a problem, but talking too much could be just as bad, if not worse. Not that Singekit had enough self-awareness to note that, or even care if he did. Still, the kit - soon to be an apprentice - was bored out of his mind, and when he caught sight of the two slightly older, but still young apprentices chatting, well -
"Onyxpaw!" Singekit would cry, bounding over. "Ill join you too" he shoots Snowpaw a glower, ready to start throwing insults if they try to boot Singekit out of this, before smirking 'pleasantly' at Onypaw, "I' going to be apprenticed in the next meeting, so can I ask you what it's been like being a 'paw' for a while Onyxpaw? Is learning how to fight fun?!" It seems only when he's desperately bored can Singekit finally figure out how to play nice.

• GENERAL:
    Singekit
    Cismale — He/him — Questioning sexuality
    3 moons — Ages 1 moon every month on the 2nd
    NPC x NPC (brother to Swallowkit)
    Shadowclan — Kit

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold ruddy
    Can be power played just ask
    injuries: None currently

DRINKING LEMONADE
AND PLAYING WITH MY HAIR

swallowkit 03 moons polygender any pronouns shadowclan kit

72777388_bx9CP85ISpMeaFH.png
Where singekit bounds over, Sallowkit follows at a much more sedate pace - mismatched eyes narrowing in upon onyxpaw's form as they shift about anxiously. Head tips to the side - " Why were you talking to yourself? Is that a new game, or were you just practicing saying the right things? " she's done that herself before - not to make friends, which really swallowkit till has none (unsurprising, given her rather... grating personality) but because momma' is always telling her to watch her words, 'cause she's saying things she shouldn't. Like how ugly she thinks some of the elders are, or how fun dead things are, or how it'd be really funny if Sin' had turned into a centipede hybrid-thing like he'd worried about. You know - kit things like that. " Isn't being an apprentice boring though? All those boring chores 'n stuffs - I'd lose my shit having to pick ticks all day, " she adds - giving a panicked glance around the moment she does. She doesn't want to get scolded again for her 'language' (though really, if kits shouldn't be saying it, then maybe the warriors shouldn't be either).

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

I N T H E B A C K Y A R D F U L L O F D Y I N G F L O W E R S

I WISH YOU COULD SEE THE WICKED TRUTH — Oh Starclan, she had attracted attention.

It was an active effort not to jump out of her pelt when Snowpaw approached, her bright blue gaze flicking between the other apprentice's bright white coat and the freshkill that she had deposited on the nearby ground. Another apprentice might have been insulted by the outright statement that they seemed lonely, but Onyxpaw was honestly just relieved to have someone else approach her. It was a little less terrifying than the alternative, even if she stumbled over her initial words. "Oh, uhm. Yeah, I suppose I am. I wouldn't mind sharing if you don't. You're Snowpaw, right...?" In spite of the distance that she had kept between herself and the other apprentices thus far, she had at least made an effort to try and internalize as many names as she could.

The chimera didn't have a chance to question Snowpaw any more before two tiny bodies approached - one far more excited than the other. Onyxpaw naturally looked towards Singekit first, his upbeat bounds drawing her attention in along with his questioning. "Well, it's been... interesting. I don't know if I'd call it fun, but I think I'm actually pretty good at it. Hunting feels a lot harder, but we at least get to explore the territory then, you know?" By comparison, Swallowkit's questioning was far more embarrassing for the cream-colored apprentice, her face burning beneath the mask of fur on her face. "I... I guess I was practicing, yeah. Practicing how to introduce myself to other cats, you know?" She supposed it wasn't even just about practicing her introductions towards Shadowclan cats, considering she was old enough now to go to gatherings - another petrifying thought. Hopefully Chilledstar would skip over her for that this month. "The chores haven't been amazing, but they're not so bad. A little boring, but I always just tell myself that I'm still helping out Shadowclan, you know?" And it certainly helped when the older apprentices got themselves in trouble, since it meant they would end up taking over the worst of the chores for a while.

• 75034637_eiCvVhxv9vQNT6l.png
    shorthaired tortoiseshell point and chocolate point chimera with blue eyes
    5 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; crushing on yellowpaw
    daughter of monarchroot and sleetjaw
    shadowclan born; silently loyal to her home
    difficult to befriend; shy to most except yellowpaw
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

[ ༻❄༺ ] Snowpaw blinked a bit at Onyxpaw's response, noting that she might've accidentally scared the other but Onyxpaw seemed to have played it off and simply accepted Snowpaw's offer and when the other molly asked if her name was Snowpaw she nodded "Yep, that's me" she responded and yet before she could continue down the line with her fresh kill offer, a squeeching wailing noise pf Singekit brought an annoyed look to her gaze. Wanting to say 'no' to the brat and yet before she could he began questioning Onyxpaw.

Of course soon came Swallowkit which made a soft hum of annoyance come from her chest and her stumpy tail twitched slightly. "Being an apprentice isn't even all that great. Its just chores and having a mentor lecture you while competing with your fellow apprentices" she expressed coolly before gently aiming to nudge Onyxpaw. It was slightly true, and of course it all depended on who you got as a mentor that affected this. Snowpaw felt lucky she got Scorchedmoon as her mentor, despite him being younger he was still a pleasant mentor.

"Or the chances are, you'd get a mentor whose very strict and punishes you all the time, who knows" Snowpaw shrugged, her mind going to Basilpaw's mentor who was always annoyed by Basilpaw due to his enthusiasm and she wondered if Singekit would too get a mentor like that due to his own levels of energy.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Snowpaw She/Her, apprentice of Shadowclan, 5 moons.
    Lithe long hair blue lynx sepia with high white, and yellow eyes. Stubby tail, permanent resting bitch face
    Hailfreckle x Mudsplash
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

*+:。.。 His boiling blue eyes would glow with an eager light, his intrigue for Onyxpaw's answers being the perfect distraction from Snowpaw's awful presence. However, he does roll his eyes when Swallowkit follows him over. "You're worse than a tick and I haven't lost my shit dealing with you" he taunts his sister, cuffing her playfully over the ears. Although his own comment does make him pause. Would he be spending less time with Wally and Zee? No way - they'll all go on so many patrols and training sessions together, and their nests will still be right next to each other's so nothing will change! However, the prospect of sleeping away from his mom does not spark much joy.

Shaking his head, he refocuses on Onyxpaw;s answer. Trainings not so fun, and hunting is hard...yeah, yeah, he'll bet it's a lot better if you're actually good at it like singekit will be! It's the territory exploring that really makes Sin's eyes glow with excitement. "Is it big? How deep is the marsh? Have you gotten to see the thunder path?" he asks, leaning forward with every question.

He'd lean back when, instead of focusing all her attention on answering Sin and Sin alone, she humors Swallowkit's dumb question with an even dumber response. "What, you don't know how to say your name you have to practice it? That's pretty lame" he offers helpfully. Again, he lets out a snort, butting in to mew, "I'll help out Shadowclan plenty by being the best hunter and fighter, I don't have to ever touch a tick or clean a moss nest! 'Sides, Chilledstar themselves said I make a great nest so why should I ever have to make more?"

Snowpaw's answer further pulled from Singekit a loud groan. "Stars! What's wrong with you? Competitions sound fun! And who cares about what personality your mentor has - they're not gonna stop me from becoming the best!" Leaping to his feet, he bigs to shadow box the air, exclaiming triumphantly, "When I become an apprentice, I'll liven things up around here! I'll show you both how to have a fun time with sparring and territory races!"

• GENERAL:
    Singekit
    Cismale — He/him — Questioning sexuality
    3 moons — Ages 1 moon every month on the 2nd
    NPC x NPC (brother to Swallowkit, Sneezekit)
    Shadowclan — Kit

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold #b8312f
    Can be power played just ask
    injuries: None currently