sensitive topics the gardens — death

YUKIO

second chances 08/28/2023
Mar 1, 2023
don't rush something you want to last forever .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
tw / mentions of gore although nothing horribly graphic and mental / physical abuse, ( borderline torture but it doesn't go into detail ) but there will be a summary in the public thread for anyone that's curious !

Yukio giggled, brushing up against Duskpool with an excited chirp, bouncing on the pads of his paws, brimming with untethered energy. Today was the day! Or night? Shaking his helm, he would finally see if all this was worth it. He was terrified, but staring up at the older male brought a wave of calmness over the cream-ticked feline. Things were going to be okay.

He wasn’t great, barely comparable to that of an apprentice first learning, but he was getting somewhere. He could settle into a decent hunting crouch without falling flat on his face! He considered that progress after Duskpool scolded him until his ears burned. With a shuffle of nervous paws, Yukio would finally finally be helpful to the clan that took him in all those moons ago and to a father who took him under his wing. “Oh! Heavens—” He turned to his father, blinking owlishly. “C, Can we go s, see the flowers afterward?” He nervously chirped, bouncing on the pads of his paws.

Duskpool responded with an affectionate ruffle of his helm and a deep rumble, agreeing. Yukio laughed, grinning until his cheeks hurt. Perhaps he could make a flower crown for him when they returned? If his paws weren’t sore by the time they returned. They always did.

His father bumped his flank, urging him forward, nearly causing Yukio to face plant if it wasn’t for the giggle escaping his maw, so full of life. He was happy. Something that Yukio wouldn’t have even thought he would be after the incident on the ThunderClan border, but he finally finally found his home, and perhaps that wasn’t the clan itself, but his adoptive family that surrounded him. “A, Alright! I’ll b, be back!” Hopefully, I won’t fail. He shivered, biting the soft flesh of his bottom lip until the soothing rumble of his father settled the prickling nerves that danced across marred flesh. Right.

Taking a deep breath, Yukio shot Duskpool one last look over his shoulder before scampering off in search of prey. Something that isn’t hard. Stars help me.

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶​
It wasn’t long before he caught wind of a mouse crawling through the undergrowth at a snail's pace. He paused, whiskers twitching at the subtle wave of guilt washing over him, but with wavering determination, Yukio sprung, nearly hitting his head as his jaws wrapped around its small neck with a quick twist of his jaw, ending its sharp cries. Oh. Oh. I’m sorry. I hope you didn’t have any family. He thought, staring at the mouse with wide eyes.

“Oh! I did it! Dad! Dad! Look!” He called, hearing the snap of a twig behind him. “I got a mouse!” He giggled. “Blood still tastes awful.” He mumbled, nose crinkling. He never liked the coppery taste that’d sometimes flood his mouth whenever Kyungmin hit him too hard. Shaking his helm, Yukio shuffled on quivering paws, adrenaline coursing through his veins from the half-lunge, half-stumble.

Oh. The cream-ticked feline stiffened, staring into familiar icy hues, watching as they grinned. “Now. Now! Why the long face, mhm? No hello?” Kyungmin called, stepping forward with an elegant twist of his body, nearing the queen, shrinking into himself, ears lying flat against his helm. “What a shame! A true beauty went to waste. Tsk Tsk.” Kyungmin sighed, claws lashing out to sink into Yukio’s helm, tugging the queen forward, hot breath fanning his face with a startled shriek, dual-toned optics blown wide. “Do you know how much I hate liars?” He grinned. “Perhaps this will remind you!” He sang, tearing into supple flesh, drawing a loud cry from Yukio, skin burning and burning.

He sobbed as blood flowed, staining the ground until all he could see was red. The cream-ticked tabby withered, staring at the mouse that lay a tail length away. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. He begged, lips wobbling as another pain-filled scream filled the air, shattering the last bit of serenity, followed by broken cries and bubbling laughter. “P, Please—” He gargled, blood filling his mouth until he coughed, splattering the ground with ichor. Kyungmin ignored the desperate plea because Yukio had been so so happy. He was finally picking his paws off the ground. He had his brother. His kits.

Oh, his kits. He sobbed. He didn’t want to leave them. He didn’t want to! Not yet! Please don’t take me away from my kits. He might not have had the best relationship with them, but he still loved them so so much. He didn’t want to leave them. Soft, gargled pleas escaped his maw as claws dug deeper, flooding his lungs with ichor. A choked whine escaped the queen, breathing becoming increasingly difficult.

He didn’t want to leave. Another cry escaped a bloodied maw, optics scrunched up with a heart-wrenching sob, until the familiar rumble of Duskpool broke through the haze, heart pounding in his chest as he smiled until nothing.

Nothing at all.
thought speech