the harder they fall / lily intro

The only life Lily knew was that of life within the Pine Group. And with that life came an upbringing spent both in and among the trees. Most cats in the group could claim to be proficient climbers or tree hunters, and whilst not quite up there in skill yet, Lily was among those who could hunt and jump through the trees with ease. Despite her skill, Lily simply didn't like to climb. Whilst it was easy getting up, it was harder coming down and she simply did not like being so high up from the ground. It was too easy to fall or slip and injure yourself...as was the situation the tortoiseshell found herself in today.

She hadn't been too high up thankfully, but a miscalculated jump had seen her slip from one branch and come crashing down to the ground. It was another small mercy she landed on her paws, and not on her side or back, as that would have certainly seen her walk away a little worse for wear. At least today she could settle for being winded and jostled. "I sure hope nobody saw that..." She murmured to herself.

Shadow and snow moves through undergrowth, nose to the ground in search of any sign of prey. Though the group he resided within found joy in bounding from branch to branch, a spring in their step and a song in their tone, he was not so hyper and not so skilled. From above rattled leaves, and for a heart-skipping moment Haku thought he might have snagged the location of a bird- but no, it was something else among the canopy. Ember flecked, he had little time to take in every detail of the figure before it slipped, scrabbled, tumbled.

Eyes flickering wider in shock- for that could have hurt, had it been a groupmate- Haku moved toward the commotion. Oh- Lily, wasn't it? One of the younger members of the group, Haku could not say he knew her particularly well- but he wasn't about to burst into laughter at the sight of a mistake. How hypocritical would it be for him to cackle at clumsiness? Attempting an awkward smile, he dipped his head toward her, labouring not to approach suddenly. "You're, uh- you alright, kid?" It wasn't comforting, per se- his tone was almost clinical- but it was a good deed, right?
[ PENNED BY PIN ]

Unlucky day for Lily, she was most certainly seen. Big Guy and Haku seemed to have witnessed her tumble, and more witnesses may emerge from the shadows yet. He didn't run very far to get here, but by the time he was at Lily's side the other tom beat him to it and he was out of breath.

"Lily! Are you... *pant* okay? ...*Pant*" He unintentionally echos the tall tom, tongue sticking slightly astray from the inside of his mouth. "I mean... well... you are *pant* on your paws. Thatsa good thing!" He bears a lopsided grin of relief.

Gnawing and cracking his teeth against bone the large tom was atrempting to relax. His gaze is far away as he thinks of what has been going on and he hopes things will get better. He had faith that the forest is big enough for all of them. Slowly he laps at the bone for a moment before a figure in the trees catches his attention. His eyes watch for some time befoee a misstep happens and it sends him rushing over as quickly as he can, his bone laying forgotten as Lily plummets. It makes his chest squeeze at the panic it induces but by the time he arrives there are two others already there and Lily seems to have landed on her stomach. "Oh, thank the winds...." He mutters to himself before a nervous chuckle leaves his throat. Shifting his speckled paws he glances to the others before looking to Lily.

"Perhaps be a bit more careful there. Really think before you leap as they say." He isn't trying to chastise but just give words out of concern as he takes a deep breath to calm is already frayed nerves.
[ PENNED BY RHOS ]

Any hope that she hadn't been seen taking a tumble is quickly dashed when Haku emerges from the bushes, followed by Big Guy and Blue. She feels warm with embarrassment and quietly wishes the ground would swallow her up there and then and spare her from the looks of the cats surrounding her. "I'm fine," She responds politely to Haku's question. "A bit winded but otherwise okay."

At Blue's words, she scuffs her paw against the dirt in embarrassment. "I will be more careful next time I assure you," She promises. And well she can't account for any accidents or slips but she's certainly going to try and not make a fool of herself the next time she tries climbing again. "Guess that branch was a bit further away than I thought."

"GIRL, YOU'RE A DIME, I'M A DIAMOND"
"Stupid mistake." Tugger grumbles as he approaches on Blue's right, the long-haired portraying nothing but annoyance for the young cat's blunder. With his face screwed up in a sneer (or maybe it was just his flat muzzle giving him that appearance), Tugger looked ready to berate the she-cat for her slip-up. Instead, he merely grunted and twitched his tail.

"You should try it again. You'll keep falling if you don't get back up." Now with four spotters, it was less likely that she would be in any grave danger. And besides, if she wanted to be a piner, she needed to know how to climb. For Tugger, this was both obvious and non-optional, the child's comfort be damned.
✦ ★ ✦

Reactions: LILYBLOOM.