private THE LOST DOG

Nov 17, 2022
"I think enough time has passed for me to check on your leg again." The mew comes from none other than the dark-furred medicine cat. His tail lifts slightly when he catches sight of the silver torbie passing by in camp. Whether she was on the way to rest back in the apprentice den, or she would be called for a patrol soon, he did not care. The longer Ravensong remained in his position, the more he realized the sort of respect he garnered over the rest of the Clan. He could pick apart patrols if he wanted, based on medical reasons that none of them would know. Of course he would not use this power for bad. He ought to not abuse it.

And yet here he was, ready to launch into it for a moment to see Catfishpaw again. His lonely desperation had brought him to form an attachment on his former peer, and while he could not stand her gossiping habits, a little dose of whatever Catfishpaw had to offer was not something he would pass up.

He smiles at her. He tries. "Any pain?"

@Catfishpaw

•  
  • IMG_0250.png
    RAVENSONG of RIVERCLAN
    LH BLACK POLYDACTYL MALE (CARRYING CINNAMON, DILUTE) a tall, slender creature with pitch-black feathery fur, large ears, and a sharply angled skull held up in an aloof manner. smells of dried herb, speaks with a low and rumbly accent and walks with an elegant slinking gait.

born in twolegplace and orphaned at a young age, he joined riverclan at its inception and began training as a drypaw warrior known for a bitter temperment until beesong made him his medicine cat apprentice. after his mentor's untimely death, he had been named ravensong at the moonstone, young heart revitalized with anger and guilt. he is a somber and thorough medicine cat that guards every word spoken in the confines of his den.

secretly loves "the stars but not so much what inhabits them"
    openly suffers from chronic migraines
    single, but "it's complicated"

'cause my girl's made of peaches—————————————————
Thoughts, thoughts, they seemed to always be weighing down the molly's head, truly a shame, without Hazepaw around as much she had only herself to talk to it felt, and that was just never good. But, that was fine as long as she kept moving she wouldn't be able to think. So, whether it was training or patrol her white-dipped paws kept moving. She was actually just about to go find Pikesplash to ask about the patrol they were supposed to be going on when she heard the voice of Riverclan's one and only medicine cat. A small trill came from Catfishpaw as a greeting back to him. He of course hadn't said hi, but she couldn't not greet him. At the mention of her leg she snuck a peak at the unsightly thing. Of course it looked much better than the night she got it, but still it was a mark on her self-perceived beauty, ugly and disfigured. Though it was starting to become useful again.

"When I'm like moving around and keeping my mind off of it, it's like completely fine. But, sometimes when I'm training or whatever I'll accidently like use it or slam it into something and then it hurts. Other than that I'm like finally starting to get the hang of limping everywhere, even if it's like so stupid." She didn't care to mention that after those bumps or missteps she would have trouble falling asleep since she wouldn't be able to find a position where her leg didn't ache.

She forgets about the patrol she's supposed to be going on and instead turns to face the tom, returning his smile, they hadn't talked much since she left the den about a moon ago. Since then he has been much, MUCH, busier and she would hate to have to take him away from his duties. And she of course would hate to do that now as well... buuuutttt., to be fair he was the one that came and found her so a little catch-up couldn't possibly hurt, right? "So, how have you been? Are you like taking care of yourself as well?"

and soft grass in the moonlight—————————penned by WriteAboutRadish

His smile did not falter, but a flash of sadness passed over his eyes as she looked back at her mangled leg. Ravensong knew that, just like Fernpaw, her injury was a source of insecurity or even scorn. He did not feel guilty for drawing attention to it—Ravensong had always tried to be direct with his patients that were recovering from injuries that would heal in an unsightly way and save his judgment.

"Perhaps we can work on some physical therapy for it." He suggests, taking a few steps closer to observe Catfishpaw's leg. It did not look much different from when he had let her leave the medicine cat den, but from her description it was clear that it still bothered her in capacities more than emotional. He blinked and looked up at the silver torbie. "Do you think you have time for that?" He wondered. "Pikesplash is your mentor, correct?"

It was normal for a conversation to be mutual, so he ought to have not been surprised when she turned the question on him. However, he struggled to find an answer. He had been living through the motions. Not much else had changed, but—his ears twitched. "Fine. I have made up with Dovethroat." He stated neutrally.

•  
  • IMG_0250.png
    RAVENSONG of RIVERCLAN
    LH BLACK POLYDACTYL MALE (CARRYING CINNAMON, DILUTE) a tall, slender creature with pitch-black feathery fur, large ears, and a sharply angled skull held up in an aloof manner. smells of dried herb, speaks with a low and rumbly accent and walks with an elegant slinking gait.

born in twolegplace and orphaned at a young age, he joined riverclan at its inception and began training as a drypaw warrior known for a bitter temperment until beesong made him his medicine cat apprentice. after his mentor's untimely death, he had been named ravensong at the moonstone, young heart revitalized with anger and guilt. he is a somber and thorough medicine cat that guards every word spoken in the confines of his den.

secretly loves "the stars but not so much what inhabits them"
    openly suffers from chronic migraines
    single, but "it's complicated"

'cause my girl's made of peaches—————————————————
She let the tom get a better look at the cursed thing and then met his gaze as he suggested some physical therapy for it. She didn't let it show but her heart dropped at the suggestion, she was tired. She was sick of this stupid setback. It didn't take long to know why she had to do it. But, she had already been putting in the work, and now she was being asked to put in more. She knew why... she knew it wasn't supposed to be a punishment, "That would be nice," she lied cheerfully "Yeah, he is. We've been doing the best we can but ya'know. Sometimes it is just too much in the like wrong direction." it was always one more thing. But, she kept the smile on her face and her voice stayed chipper.

She took some joy in Ravensong's struggle to answer her verily basic question, he was an incredibly smart cat, and yet it seemed no-one bothered to teach him how to interact in a casual setting. She couldn't blame him to much though, she doubted he thought of himself very often. Though when he finally did manage an answer it was just what she wanted to hear, and she supposed he knew that, "Oh! Did you now?" her eyes grew big with mischievous glee, "So, like what does that mean exactly? You've got to say more than just that!" It would be just about impossible for Pikesplash to take her on patrol now, she was hooked.

and soft grass in the moonlight—————————penned by WriteAboutRadish