private THE MASK ] bayingkit

Of all his children, it's Bayingkit he finds himself favoring. She's feral, fearless, her teeth bared before she thinks, her mismatched eyes flashing with heat, with a fiery temper. He finds her utterly adorable, and he has to wonder where her ferocity had come from. Had Graystorm been his bad? He thinks Graystorm is more like Stormkit, really — while some of Jackdawflight can be found in Lightningkit. He sees Berryheart in TWilightkit, not only in her missing paw, but in her cool, thoughtful demeanor. Tigerkit... Tigerkit and Bayingkit are almost two halves of the same acorn, aren't they?

Raccoonstripe sees her gnawing aggressively against a stick, and an exasperated smile blooms upon his snowy muzzle. "What in StarClan's name are you up to, Bay?" He slips closer, his whiskers trembling with amusement. Her needling little teeth have scoured dramatic indents into the bark, her slobber darkening it to almost-black. "If you're that hungry, why don't I teach you how to hunt instead?"

He lowers his voice into a conspiratorial whisper, much as he'd done with Tigerkit. "You'll be the only one of your litter who knows how... and you can teach them. Let's..." He stalks toward the fresh-kill pile and retrieves a mouse. He mumbles through its coppery fur, "Let's use this, and if you can catch it properly, I'll let you have the whole thing to yourself." He grins around the morsel, his tail tip twitching excitedly.

• ooc: @bayingkit
  • 74327127_amPwOaY4eGaGkj8.png
  • Raccoon . Raccoonstripe, he/him w/ masculine terms.
    — "speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 43 moons old, ages realistically on the 5th.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring Thistlepaw ; previously mentored Wildheart, Moonwhisper
    — thunderclan lead warrior. gray wolf x howlingstar, gen 2.
    — currently mated to Nightbird.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh black tabby with white and dark brown eyes. charismatic, charming, calculating, ambitious, shallow, manipulative.

she is settled on the outer circle of camp, watching through hooded eyes as her littermates roll and tumble through the dust, gnawing on the thick middle of a heavy stick with two white capped paws keeping it firm in place. her maw aches lightly at the ever present scratch against thornstudded gums, a bite harder for each shrill squeal of excitement that pierces from the tangled pit of denmates ; they do not like to play with her, not too much, and bayingkit found that suited her well enough. there is a little pit of satisfaction she gets when they snap their eyes at her and stick out their tongues, when they huff and puff at her heavy swung paws that the oakrot kitten figured was close enough to playing to count.. when she was done with this stick, she would fling it at myrtlekit, and the whole group would stop to look at her and what then? then it didn’t matter if they wanted to play or not.

raccoonstripe’s voice thrums through her thoughts, through the lazy hum of camp and towards it, tall ears swivel ; he calls her affectionately, just above the drowsy trilling dragonflies and chattering clanmates, and the love that courses in her chest huffs a happy, heavy breath from her nose. with a mighty, swinging turn of her neck, bayingkit gives a shaggy tail giving a hard thump against the ground beneath her in eager greeting. his approach waggles her body further into a low crouch with each stride he takes, the dark velvet fur over her nose curling into an excited snarl - smile around the dark of wellworn wood. the splintered end catches on dirt between her paws and twinges her head to the side, leading her to drop it just as he reaches her, whipping her tongue across damp lips to give a rough, wolf - grinning, ” chewin’. “ as if it weren’t obvious, the line of drool still lingering at her chin catching the low evening light, ” my teeth’re getting big.. look’em. “

without hesitation, she flashes her teeth in a wide stretch of rubberblack lips, bits and shards of twig near reddened gums ( the ache meant they were growing still.. right? ).

dark - striped muzzle tempers as her father leans close, the little tabby inclining her head to meet him with an enthusiasm that shakes her body and unsheathes her claws, bony tail a steady, erratic thrash at dark ribboned haunches. his attention is rarer than nightbirds.. a busy, busy warrior, doing deputy business until only recently. bayingkit is enthralled in his every word, his every move, arcs to mimic kit best she can. dark pupils slit, then blow wide to encapsulate mismatched eyes — if you’re so hungry, he says, and bayingkit is, jaw twinging with the need to clench, to tear. she longs for the ebb of tension in livewire features, the relief that floods snapping jaws that she cannot put word to yet, the reason she leaves teeth marks in all her favorite things, ” yeah.. yeah.. show me. i wanna know.. “ a whispered rumble, rickety purr of anticipation forever more growl than anything else. her ears go back, haunches whipping, ” i’ll be.. the only one. in the whole nnn.. nursery. that can do it. i can catch, catch.. i can get food for mom and lightningkit, and all the rest of us. “ each syllable stretched a bated, tooth - clenched breath. mom would be so proud and, and everyone would be so impressed with her. then, theyd alllll have to come to her, to learn all her moves.. then, no one would even want to play with any other kit than her.

raccoonstripe turns to the freshkill pile and in his few moments away bayingkit arches her back, kicks explosively about in a circle in his absence, splaying a harsh spike of fur along thick ribboned spine and tail pinecone - puffed. a fierce dance of sparking energy she cannot contain, coming to a severely stanced halt as he returns, facing him with a sideways splay of her frizzed body and eyeing the ruffle of downy grey - dark fur grown copper tinged. her skull nods rapidly, ready, trembling at the edges and lock - eyed on her prize. she is ready, in her mind, and.. she continues to hold her pose, expectantly, puffing little bites of yeah i’ll get it put it down ready put it down.. while stretched in a kittish arch, point - eared, and tensed at every limb.

undoubtedly, not a hunting crouch.

82899623_KwTo76Y528ysXmG.png
  • i.

• 83627595_dvLnKTRpLW6U25x.png

• ” speech “
  • BAYINGKIT——————— SHE / HER, KITTEN OF THUNDERCLAN. NIGHTBIRD xx RACCOONSTRIPE, SISTER TO TWILIGHTKIT, TIGERKIT, STORMKIT & LIGHTNINGKIT. 3 MOONS OLD, SMELLS LIKE DISRUPTED SOIL & WET FUR. PENNED BY ANTLERS.
    a large, unsightly black tabby kitten.
    83627614_Q3xYXBfeLOcwHhP.png
    mongrelish, standing all thistlethorn fur and bared teeth, bayingkit would be thought roguesblood if not for the dogtooth crown she uncomfortably bears. a hereditary haunting lies in the shag of ornate black striping and long limbs that do not yet suit her wide, slouching shoulders ; her fathers daughter, laced in dredge and filth moreso than he’d ever been. a constant, incessant need to make herself small forms in hunched spine and weary, whale - eyed suspicion, communicating mostly in rumbling growls.. bayingkit tends to hold herself with a tuck tailed and trembling livewire of feral volatility.
    teething, easily frustrated with her lack of vocal skill and highly reactive. prone to biting, swatting and general moodiness it is highly encouraged to correct. powerplay is allowed for disciplinary swipes, scruffing and general redirection.

• Love
Reactions: Marquette
Houndlike, puplike, Bayingkit's tail begins to thrum against the ground at his approach. Raccoonstripe's grin widens at her saliva-drenched response to his question: "Chewin. My teeth're getting big... look'em." She peels her lips away from lengthening baby fangs, teeth well-honed against denmates who shy away from club-like paws. Raccoonstripe pretends to study her kitten teeth for a moment. "Soon they'll be too big for your mouth," he warns. "What're you going to do when you can't eat or bite anymore, huh?"

His tail sweeps the floor, stirring loose leaf litter. "Yeah, yeah, show me, I wanna know," his daughter whispers throatily, and his stern expression melts. "The sooner you learn, the sooner you can do my job for me. How 'bout that?" Roughly, he nudges his white forepaw against her flank before going to retrieve the prize in question.

Bayingkit's hunting crouch is laughable, and he can't contain his mirth — his chuckle pours from either side of his fanged muzzle. She is all strange angles, all sharp edges, her back arched as though she's seen something terrifying. He drops the mouse and says, "Bay, you couldn't hunt a rock looking like that."

He strides forward, pushing his forepaw against her back in an attempt to flatten it. "Keep your belly low to the ground. Put all your weight on your back haunches." He nods to the limp body of the mouse on the other side of them. "Now creep up on it like it's alive!"

• ooc:
  • 74327127_amPwOaY4eGaGkj8.png
  • Raccoon . Raccoonstripe, he/him w/ masculine terms.
    — "speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 43 moons old, ages realistically on the 5th.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring Thistlepaw ; previously mentored Wildheart, Moonwhisper
    — thunderclan lead warrior. gray wolf x howlingstar, gen 2.
    — currently mated to Nightbird.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh black tabby with white and dark brown eyes. charismatic, charming, calculating, ambitious, shallow, manipulative.

with a grinning exhale of held breath, bayingkit finds herself swept lower by his heavy paw — arching preemptively into it before sliding down with his strength, extending thick forearms out in front of her as her belly comes to brush the dirt flooring. she can smell the ground from this close, the heady scent of dirt and clanmates and crawl of bugs just underneath. the sooner you learn, the sooner you can do my job for me. how 'bout that? she gives a rough giggle, stretching to bat playfully at his retracting paw with her own, " yeah, yeah! i’ll, i’m gonna — i’m gonna send you t’ the elders den. " she beams a boastful mirror of him back ; striped features stretching some familiar smug, teasing grin before her nose twitches, catches the appetizing scent of preyblood that’s been dropped before her and feels her tummy rumble against the dirt.

dark pupils extend, haunches wriggling on the sudden unsheathe of thistlethorn claws as if she couldn’t stop it, and then pauses. looks at him — flat - eared and wild - eyed, lashing a storm in the leaves at her back.

put all your weight into your haunches, he says, and bayingkit sniffs in consideration. leaning back on the flats of her feet, the striped claws into the dirt to stabilize herself. it feels a little funny . . like she's stuck pre - pounce, the instinctual bend of her hind legs that lasts only a second before she's springing off ; the part before the thrill of pouncing a bug. she looks awkward, rump high and ears tilted back at the wonkiness of it, " this way . . ? " she mews doubtfully as back paws shift, trying to find comfort in her footing. after a moment that would have certainly alerted the mouse to her presence should it have been alive, she sinks her head close to the dirt and takes a step.

creep up on it like it's alive, he'd said, and bayingkit thinks of her quiet steps before tackling honeykit or tagging out a denmate when she plays badger. it makes it a little easier to pretend, though her tail still lashes it's adrenaline - pumping excitement behind her, rattling the dried greenleaf undergrowth. her body scrunches as she creeps and her fur prickles at her shoulders, but once close enough, she gives a look back at her father with a conspiratory squint of dualtoned eyes and another whiplike, eager wag of her tail. am i doing it right? am i?

82899623_KwTo76Y528ysXmG.png
  • i.

• 85639607_5td51SGC04Qn0fA.png

• ” speech “
  • BAYINGKIT——————— SHE / HER, KITTEN OF THUNDERCLAN. NIGHTBIRD xx RACCOONSTRIPE, SISTER TO TWILIGHTKIT, TIGERKIT, STORMKIT & LIGHTNINGKIT. 3 MOONS OLD, SMELLS LIKE DISRUPTED SOIL & WET FUR. PENNED BY ANTLERS.
    a large, unsightly black tabby kitten.
    83627614_Q3xYXBfeLOcwHhP.png
    mongrelish, standing all thistlethorn fur and bared teeth, bayingkit would be thought roguesblood if not for the dogtooth crown she uncomfortably bears. a hereditary haunting lies in the shag of ornate black striping and long limbs that do not yet suit her wide, slouching shoulders ; her fathers daughter, laced in dredge and filth moreso than he’d ever been. a constant, incessant need to make herself small forms in hunched spine and weary, whale - eyed suspicion, communicating mostly in rumbling growls.. bayingkit tends to hold herself with a tuck tailed and trembling livewire of feral volatility.
    teething, easily frustrated with her lack of vocal skill and highly reactive. prone to biting, swatting and general moodiness it is highly encouraged to correct. powerplay is allowed for disciplinary swipes, scruffing and general redirection.