the minor fall and the major lift | swiftfire

There is a resident of the nursery who seems to have less support than others (at least from what Robinheart can gather, though she is fallible), and truth be told the mottled queen feels guilty for the constant help given to her. While she lost Brookstorm, she does have Apricotflower and Willowroot in her corner. Lichenstar and Hazecloud as well. Troutsnout (StarClan please don’t take her from me too). To some it may seem suffocating but to Robinheart it was comforting.

She hadn’t realized until very recently how Swiftfire doesn’t always seem to have the support and companionship of some of the other queens. Robinheart would never ask of the sire to the chimera’s children, if they were in RiverClan then they hid themselves well. But friends? Family? Did the former ripple colonist have many? Would Robinheart be awful to assume that Swiftfire didn’t?

If her assumption, potentially very wrong, proved right then could she remedy it?

“Share with me, please?” Robinheart offers sweetly, albeit awkwardly, as she nudges a rabbit close to Swiftfire. Her kits are asleep and this is far too much for her to eat by herself. “I feel like we… don’t talk much. Granted I-I haven’t been talking much in general since Brookstorm -“ she trails off, blinking back the sorrowful mist drifting across citrine eyes. “B-But I thought we could get to know each other better… if you’d like that.”

@SWIFTFIRE
[ penned by kerms ]