pafp THE NEXT GENERATION [ questions ]

owlkit!

does he know i'm forsaken?
May 28, 2024

Being stuck in camp was getting... a hint boring. She was so close to being an apprentice, barely a couple of moons to pass and Chilledstar would be giving her a new name! A mentor, someone to leave camp with, to learn about everything she could. The sky, the ground, frogs and rats and mud. Owlkit didn't think it dreadful- the area was home to her, and it would always feel that way. But, Owlkit had heard stories of the Great Battle, of cats who did not descend from the clans.

She had always wondered about some cats, especially the ones who stayed in camp all day, and what they were like before they were queens or stuck inside all day. Eyes shifted as she exited the nursery, padding over to one of the queens. Mockingbirdcry was always nice- Owlkit often enjoyed sitting near her and listening to her talk. Maybe not what she said, but her voice specifically. "Hi, Mockingbirdcry." Owlkit said, eyes shifting up to the queen. "Can I ask you something?"

Owlkit did wait a heartbeat or two before she spoke again. "What was it like before you were a queen?" The kit slowly settled down, wide eyes blinking curiously at the older.
  • "speech" // note: this is set RIGHT before/during chilledstar's body discovery!
    // please wait for @mockingbirdcry
  • 82330095_Xj6HTMBc6hr5gLq.png
  • OWLKIT she/her, kit of shadowclan, 4 moons.
    SH blue tabby with low white. unusually small in stature, but moves with unintentional grace. eyes are split blue on top, orange on bottom. soft spoken and kind natured.
    mentored by no one / / mentoring no one
    no current love interest / / sibling to shadowkit, pitchkit, lynxkit, waspkit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Her permanent stay in camp is one that is, of course, self - inflicted, but that didn't mean it wasn't often boring. She wondered what it was like, being free to roam outside of constricting bramble - and - pine walls, claws bared for danger and fangs sunk deep into the day's catch. Being reliant only upon oneself, truly . . . not stuck hanging leechlike onto the Clan's underbelly for food and whatnot . . . it must be nice for the warriors. Over her eight - odd seasons as a queen, she's put the thought of warriorhood forth several times to the one - cat audience of herself, but never felt deeply compelled to pursue it to any sort of fruition.

" Hello, Owlkit, " she greets in soft tones, dipping her head to the kit with as much courtesy as she'd show the highest ranked among them. Velvety white paws cross at the wrists, one drawing idle circles in the crumbling mud, ShadowClan's characteristic muck baked into near - solidity by the molten greenleaf sun. The question Owlkit puts to her is one she rarely hears; few cats are given to expressing interest in the queens' lives. She suspects that for the majority of the Clan, they're the soft and benevolent shadows relegated to the nursery, unremarkable for their lack of bloodshed. Before the colonies . . . well, that's no story for kits. ( As though the feral colony life is? )

" Well, I've been a queen ever since ShadowClan was ShadowClan. I guess I was the closest thing to what you'd call a warrior before the Clans, in the colonies, " she murmurs thoughtfully, dark brown eyes examining some distant ( to Owlkit, at least ) past. " There was no warrior code or Clans, so it was every cat for themselves. You had to fight for every bite of food and place to sleep. " The story might sound slightly horrific to the innocence of a kit who grew up in a world governed by rules and codes, but for Mockingbirdcry, it's an altogether pleasant recollection. " I miss it a little, even if the world is better now. Back when you only relied on yourself . . . and I was a rather good fighter, if I do say so myself. "

OOC :

Marblepaw feels for the denmates she'd left behind; the pale tawny tabby has already set paw outside camp, both to learn the territory and to make the long trek to Highstones for the medicine cat's meeting. It's exhilarating, to be able to leave camp and explore their wondrous territory. The mire is dense and filled with dark corners, but there is much to be said for it's beauty in greenleaf, when the frogsong is thick in the air and the crickets hum their satisfaction.

She pads over to her Clanmates, giving Owlkit a friendly chirp: "Hi, Owlkit!" She dips her head to Mockingbirdcry, a senior nursery queen who'd been in the den long before Marblepaw had come to ShadowClan. The dust-colored she-cat sits neatly before the two of them, ears cocked attentively. Mockingbirdcry states she'd been a soldier once, a warrior without a code of honor who fought for themselves. How strange, she thinks; she supposes Lilacfur had been one, once, too, though now that's hard to imagine.

"What did you all do when a cat got hurt? Were there still medicine cats?" She tilts her head to one side, imagining festering wounds, the stench of sickness that she still has yet to encounter.

• ooc:
  • pcAn1D5.jpeg
  • Marblekit . Marblepaw, she/they w/ feminine and non-gendered terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 6 moons old, ages realistically on the 1st.
    — mentored by Starlingheart ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a
    — shadowclan medicine cat apprentice, formerly a rogue. siltcloud x lilacfur, gen 3.
    — currently mated to n/a.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh fawn tabby with dull green eyes. courageous, curious, introspective, observant, judgmental, snarky.