THE OLD MAN IS SNORING 𓇼 HORIZONKIT

” hey.. hey, it’s not so bad. “ are her first sleep - rasped words upon waking, the sound of gentle rolling thunder alighting the sky with its bursting purr and a familiar whimpering at her side. snow bleached fur shifts with the effort of her bleary turn ; despite being still undersized for a near apprentice, age stretches her limbs yet for now she still rests aside her littler littermates at the arc of hazecloud’s belly. the queen was sleeping soundly for such a tempest outside their sedge curtain but shellkit was not wont to wake her.. the ashen curled molly cared perhaps even less for storms than horizonkit did.

so the girl shakes her head to dislodge her lingering sleepiness, satin ears flapping against her sleek skull before bleary eyes attempt to find her little brothers. she was grown, now.. a big kit, nearly six months old. unheard of before blazestar’s alteration but still so frighteningly small compared to her seniors. she didn’t feel all that small, not in her heart or in her head. reed thin arms outstretch, an open invitation for the tom kit to nestle closer if he wished in the same way their mother had beckoned her close when thoughts of a blue - spattered coat and inherited curls grew too much. she hopes it feels the same — like safety.

thunder rolls again, a low thing quickly accompanied by a flashing of burnt orange from beneath the lichen and sedge. should her brother have curled against her she will coil around him, wrapping her thickening tail around to cover their faces and create a pretend wall between them and the outside world. after a moment, a thought springs into her head. a distant memory, ” can i, um.. teach you a really special song? it will keep you safe from the thunder, i promise. “ a bold promise ; one she would never be able to hold, though her eyes gleam with a promise to try anyway.

78127991_CB8CUpPRXAUSuLM.png
  • i. a lil kit twist on getting stuck in a storm and sheltering together prompt, they’re the only two awake in the nursery.. i seen he didn’t like storms and ran w it lmk if this is okay < 3 @HORIZONKIT

• 75178334_B2nz6qRU6QTC3MQ.png

• SHELLKIT 𓆉 SHE / HER, KITTEN OF RIVERCLAN. HAZECLOUD xx LICHENTAIL, NIECE TO SMOKESTAR. FIVE MOONS OLD, SMELLS LIKE SALT & RIVER BLOOMS. PENNED BY ANTLERS.
    frail alabaster molly with lilac striping and watery amber eyes..
    78128298_wohFIHxKbNARetE.png
    she is pallid ; platinum splotched with ribbons of dovey lilac curls, wisped ends like memories of a distant shore. feather breath and elderdown fur conceals a body worn fragile by tumultuous youth, too thin in some places and round with baby fat in others. her face is short - muzzled, framed half mast by eyes coined rheumy, rosen amber. the anemic pale pink at tender paws and nose tell a lifetime of sickness, obvious by the feathering weakness and crackling in whispery tones ---------- ° ❀ ⋆
    currently exhibiting symptoms of whitecough. this includes a running nose, wheezing, sluggishness, and labored breathing. please keep contagion in mind.