pafp THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP || rock of friendship

Redpath

I'll catch your tears, quench your fears with joy
Sep 18, 2022
Redpath had been scouring the river for hours. She needed the perfect rock, it couldn't just be any old pebble in the stream. This rock was important, it was going to be given to Smokestar, who she considers a good friend. Her good friend has gone through a lot recently... And she wants him to know that even though she's struggling herself, even if shes a little stupid and silly and the only thing she's good for really is her battle prowess..... That she's there for him. She'll stand with him through anything. and so, this rock has to be PERFECT.

The water is cold and her paws are numb from the cold now, but she is determined to do this today. She's taken periodic breaks to groom them and let them warm up before wading into the water again, not wanting to get frostbite. The sun is beginning its descent, and the water is about to become colder...Meaning she wont be able to stand in it for long. It's frustrating, how quickly it becomes dark. She needs to find this rock now or she's going to get needlessly upset.

And just as she was about to give up hope.... She sees it! A white rock on the shore wedged between a few others. It shimmers and sparkles... It also has an egg shape to it which she finds endearing. The way it shimmers in the light, she could believe it was a rock from the starry fields of Starclan. A teardrop from the moon. This is the one, she decides. She picks it up in her mouth and bounces back to camp.

When she enters camp, she charges straight for Smokethroat and skids to a halt right in front of him. She puts the rock down so she can speak.

"I got you a rock!!" She says excitedly. She didnt actually plan out what she was going to say. "You're a good friend, and you've been through a lot lately and I wanted you to know that I'm here for you.....The rock is immortal, like my loyalty and faith in you!" She says with confidence. Totally nailed it.

@Smokestar

—————————————————————⊰★⊱————————————————————
RiverClan had a few unique oddities among the other clans, a preference for swimming and fishing being the most prominent and notable things but they also had a habit of preening and decor. Dens were lined in shells, broken and whole, smooth stones and branches propped up on their sides like small trees. Nests were riddled in soft down, feathers and bits of dried plants, the occasional rock as well a careless paw would trod over and feel an ache in their pad for days to come. Even the cats adorned themselves in such things as shimmering scales, insect wings and the like...
RiverClan had a fondness for beauty that he took an alarmingly long time to understand and grasp and even now he was still awkwardly stilted about ornaments and such - but he wears now in his tail feathers of red, orange and yellow, gifts from his clanmates from their first gathering with him leading; promises of a better future going forward together. He'd felt alone when Cicadastar died, like the only cat he ever cared for was gone, but it had been grief so heavy it blinded him to the many other souls that danced around his path. Leadership was a lonely road, he could only relate to other clan leaders now if he wanted to seek out talks on the fiber of their existence, but at least he still had company otherwise, even if they could not begin to understand his burden.
Smokestar has realized a lot in recent moons, many terrible things and several good but above all he'd realized that accepting his clans support was not a show of his own weakness but of unity and strength and he was a lot less prickly over offers to help and quiet gestures of care. When the smooth oval stone is placed at his paws he does not react immediately. It looks like the moon, but slightly off-imperfect in a way. It glitters under the hazy shine of sunlight above, but the sparkle is not immaculate, he sees dirt on the edges and the makings of a crack beginning to form on the side. It was also now slick with a certain ginger molly's drool. A perfectly flawed gift.

Immortality. A funny thing. One could say a leader had a small degree of it, but what lasted long beyond a body was a spirit and Redpath's bold declaration is met with a rare laugh; open mawed and whiskers quivering from the motion.
"...I thought you gave me an egg for a moment. I was about to politely decline..." He never liked eggs actually, didn't like the slimy texture of them not unlike a sleek frog. "...but this is nicer than an egg. Thank you, Redpath."

• Ooc- Oooooh, I'm a spooky ghost haunting you to tell you to ignore the date on the first post its totally recent and not a month late reply oooooh!

• 57913530_r2t3y4lghl4FDra.png
    Smokestar
    —⊰⋅ Leader of RiverClan
    —⊰⋅ He/Him
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ Black tom w/vitiligo & one orange eye.