"The Sewers" Rogue Mini-Family Adopts

VERMILIONSUN

disgraced knight
Jun 27, 2022

WATCH THE FLAMES BURN AUBURN ON THE MOUNTAIN SIDE

Here I go, bringing back Vermilion into activity in my own way. Heya guys! I play Vermilionsun, an ex-skyclan warrior turned rogue. He lives in an alleyway of dumpsters and trash can with his 'family' of rag-tag cats with no true home. This place is called the Sewers, where cats that were abandoned by their twolegs, lost, too injured to live alone, or left behind by their twolegs reside. Ver's twin brother, whom shall probably be renamed to something different if the RPer would like, is the head of this colony of cats, though he doesn't lead them. They have no leader, making their group quite unstable at times. Though, they remain in the Loner Lands near the outskirts of the twolegplace, and are known to travel when the weather wears down their current places of stay. Most of these members are male, though that is not a constant thing. There is no direct oath of loyalty, but this ragtag bunch sees each other as family- and betrayal angers them.

Their stances on the clans vary, but Vermilionsun himself is not too fond of them.

Now, to get to business. I'm throwing out random adopts, but you're free to make a sewer cat of any size, gender, or appearance if the pre-made ones aren't to your tastes. You can also use pre-existing characters.

This small group of sewer cats will technically reside in the Twolegplace, so interactions can be made there with SkyClan cats on occasion.

Twin brother of Vermilion, Name is up to the RPer!
- Flame point tom, is known for being less "red" than Ver is. Short-haired. Up to you to decide on that.
- Arrogant, cocky in nature. Up to you to decide the rest. Definitely not evil, moreso morally grey. Only acts on the benefits of the sewer cats.

Thorn, Battle-scarred Elder Tom.
- Up to you to decide appearances, but he must be heavily scarred!
- Speaks with a light southern accent.
- Very old man-esque. Possessive of his own things, doesn't like sharing. Wouldn't really like kids that much because he'd think they're annoying, but tolerates them.
- Calls Vermilion 'Big Red' or just 'Red'.
- Feral cat who's never known anything other than the tough life of a street cat.

Tiny, Apprentice-Aged Tom w/ a Limp.
- Up to you on appearances, but he is naturally very small. Scrawny.
- This would be Vermilion's 'apprentice' in the sewers, but Tiny would call him 'Brother' or 'Red'. Tiny looks up to Vermilion like an older brother.
- Has a limp due to his clubbed back paw, making him walk oddly sometimes.
- Personality will start out very awkward and nervous, but it's up to you how you develop him.

Anastasia, Adult Molly.
- Appearances are up to you!
- Personality is up to you!
- Would have been the first female to join the sewer cats. Has been there longer than Ver's brother. Thorn sees her as his adoptive daughter.
- Definitely doesn't let any of the toms talk down to her. The cats of the sewers respect her, since she looks after all of the kits of the group so the parents can carry out their duties.

d9gqnbs-b5b99fd3-2090-45cb-a495-6244c63539b3.png

Last edited:
tracking~ might make one of my own (or take tiny if still available-)

Cherry
Vermillions' Twin Brother
— Non-Binary AMAB (he/they)
— Homoromantic Pansexual Polyamorous
— 25 months old
— No mate, no offspring
— Sounds like Flynn Rider​

A flame point tabby with blue eyes
— Cherry stands about 6 inches tall and weighs in about 5lbs, so they're very much on the smaller scale of things. They have a cream color coat that covers most of their body with long limbs and a feathery tail. Cherry has a rounder face with a slightly flat muzzle from a birth defect, and he has long, white whiskers. Their legs are covered with flame tabby coloration, though it is noticable paler in color compared to their twin Vermmillion. Being more peachy than red with freckles across his nose and bottom. Cherry also has these round, cerulean blue eyes that have flecks of green to them and are very sharp in apperance.
Has down syndrome

Chaotic Neutral, Gryffindor, Dauntless
( + ) Charismatic, Clever, Energetic, Graceful, Hardworking
( / ) Determined, Deceptive, Animated, Carefree
( - ) Arrogant, Cocky, Immature, Envious, Obsessive
— other extra personality quirks​

Zelda
First Female of The Sewers
— Cisgendered Feminine AFAB (she/they)
— Asexual Biromantic Monogamist
— 32 months old
— No mate, one child MIA
— Sounds like Laura Prepon​

A cool chocolate brown tabby with a dash of white and blue eyes
— Zelda is a rather large female, standing about 9 inches tall and weighing almost 13lbs, she has short, velvet fur. She has square shoulders and large paws with a more pronounced jowel than an average cat, she also has large ears with tufts of fur at the top of them. Zelda is a maine coon mix, a muggy mix, and her coat is a cool, deep chocolate color. There are darker stripes along her legs and tail with some across her face as well, and Zelda has a dash of white on her chest and tail tip. She has deep, dark blue eyes with flecks of lighter blue in them.
carries dilute, chocolate, smoke

Lawful Good, Divergent, Ravenclaw
( + ) Authentic, Attentive, Compassionate, Gentle, Devoted
( / ) Ambitious, Outspoken, Sarcastic, Proud
( - ) Assertive, Cynical, Disobedient, Forgetful, Impatient

I applied for both just cause I had an idea for both, but I know you can only pick one per person ;D

Cherry
Vermillions' Twin Brother
— Non-Binary AMAB (he/they)
— Homoromantic Pansexual Polyamorous
— 25 months old
— No mate, no offspring
— Sounds like Flynn Rider​

A flame point tabby with blue eyes
— Cherry stands about 6 inches tall and weighs in about 5lbs, so they're very much on the smaller scale of things. They have a cream color coat that covers most of their body with long limbs and a feathery tail. Cherry has a rounder face with a slightly flat muzzle from a birth defect, and he has long, white whiskers. Their legs are covered with flame tabby coloration, though it is noticable paler in color compared to their twin Vermmillion. Being more peachy than red with freckles across his nose and bottom. Cherry also has these round, cerulean blue eyes that have flecks of green to them and are very sharp in apperance.
Has down syndrome

Chaotic Neutral, Gryffindor, Dauntless
( + ) Charismatic, Clever, Energetic, Graceful, Hardworking
( / ) Determined, Deceptive, Animated, Carefree
( - ) Arrogant, Cocky, Immature, Envious, Obsessive

Zelda
First Female of The Sewers
— Cisgendered Feminine AFAB (she/they)
— Asexual Biromantic Monogamist
— 32 months old
— No mate, one child MIA
— Sounds like Laura Prepon​

A cool chocolate brown tabby with a dash of white and blue eyes
— Zelda is a rather large female, standing about 9 inches tall and weighing almost 13lbs, she has short, velvet fur. She has square shoulders and large paws with a more pronounced jowel than an average cat, she also has large ears with tufts of fur at the top of them. Zelda is a maine coon mix, a muggy mix, and her coat is a cool, deep chocolate color. There are darker stripes along her legs and tail with some across her face as well, and Zelda has a dash of white on her chest and tail tip. She has deep, dark blue eyes with flecks of lighter blue in them.
carries dilute, chocolate, smoke

Lawful Good, Divergent, Ravenclaw
( + ) Authentic, Attentive, Compassionate, Gentle, Devoted
( / ) Ambitious, Outspoken, Sarcastic, Proud
( - ) Assertive, Cynical, Disobedient, Forgetful, Impatient

I applied for both just cause I had an idea for both, but I know you can only pick one per person ;D

Cherry is accepted!

• Love
Reactions: wolfie
Bumping! These sewer cats will have their own lil group chat on Discord.

Keep in mind that you don't have to use the preset characters! You can make your own like a normal adopt, or bring in a pre-existing character you have!

name. nameless - responds to anything so long as he knows you're referring to him. most of his names come from what different twolegs would call him when he would beg for food. (for the sake of referring to him you can just call him "cat")

gender. cis male
sexuality. bisexual biromantic
age. 29 moons

appearance this little fellow, with his russet fur - darker on his muzzle, paws and tail - and golden eyes, is what others would consider a sepia lynx point. he's a little on the lean side but the medium-length of his fur obscures that. and, well, he tries his very best to make sure it's tangle-free and presentable but that's kinda hard to do when you live in filth, y'know?

personality he's loud. if he's in the area then by god you WILL know because it seems like this man cannot shut his mouth. at least that's what he wants you to think - sure, he rambles and runs his mouth but it's all calculated. unfortunately, often than not he amps his behavior up to annoy others; he likes creating a ruckus, instigating arguments and inciting chaos.

you'd think a guy with this sort of personality wouldn't do well in a group and well, you would be correct! he knows this too, which is why most of his troublesome aspects are on the down-low while he stays in the sewers. causing problems is fun and all but fun isn't going to feed him - it's either go back to begging for food alone or enjoy the boons of living with others. even if that means he needs to act more decent than he really is.

misc. it's been a hot min since ive applied for anything pls let me know if i need to add anything!!​

this was a long time coming im just mega lazy LMAOOO,,, i said i'd throw him in here so here he is

FERRET
LONER, FORMER MARSH GROUP SOLDIER
— named ferret, after his coat pattern
— 12 months old, ages every month on the 17th
— trans male, he/him
— pansexual, panromantic - takes a lot to fall in love
oak x birch, sibling to aurora, holly & rosemary

TALL, FLUFFY CHOCOLATE CALICO WITH GREEN EYES
— standing at around twelve inches tall, ferret adorns a rolling pelt of chocolate and cream, fluffy and not always groomed; ferret doesn't have much time to make himself pretty, so various sticks and twigs and leaves stick out from his pelt. most of his calico spotting is along his flank and stretches up to his back, along with a couple dapples of brown along his cheeks much like freckles. he also has a large ginger splotch and brown splotch on his head, curving just above his cheekbones, letting a small blaze of white come up to his eyebrows. he has a plumed tail of chocolate and typically has narrowed eyes, colors of emerald and poison.
has a nicked right ear & various scars around his body

JUST A LITTLE MEOW MEOW (tbd)
( + ) perceptive, subtle, selfless
( / ) neutral, tired, distant
( - ) aloof, overprotective, reactive
— suffers from war-based ptsd and ocd
— does not hesitate when physically threatened, killed during the great battle and will do it again
— became jaded & cold to the world after auroras death in the great battle
— very close with his siblings, hangs on to them as if they are the next to perish
— tends to bite his tongue or curl his claws in to the dirt​

Bumping since Vermilionsun will be released from prison soon. (:

Reminder that these characters are meant to be casual characters. Not played as active as clan-cats are.

• Love
Reactions: chuff
sorry this is so bare bones, it reminded me of a former ff concept I had so I scribbled down my initial thoughts
can definitely expand on if requested

FORM: Anastasia
— female (she/her)
— adult age ~30 moons?
— born in twolegplace and sold to a little girl, was thrown to the side of the road after she grew out of the cute kitten phase

— RED TABBY SHE-CAT WITH GREEN EYES AND LOW WHITE
a dark russet color with thicker, darker stripes down her back and ringed around her tail. She has average stature and her fur is short, which helps minimize the dirt and tangles an alley-cat may get. old scars lie underneath her dark fur. A very striking and pretty Molly with envy-green eyes that burn into one's soul

— CUNNING AND HEADSTRONG, Anastasia is resolved to rise out of the ashes of her destitute upbringing. The rough life has made her jaded and distrusting. She has learned to use her looks to charm other cats rather than brute strength alone, but she is a formidable fighter. Respected by the others as a kit sitter for several moons now, Anastasia has become hungry for greater power and influence, and her demeanor starts to change....​