private THE SPARE SETTE | whiskey

Under the soft glow of the moon, Dogbite returned to Skyclan's camp after a night spent hunting in the surrounding forest. Clanmate's dispersed up ahead slinking through the entrance to camp. His paws carried the weight of both his prey and the thoughts that lingered in his mind. Among them was the memory of his encounter with Whiskey, the new kittypet who had recently joined their clan. Although their meeting had been brief and seemingly insignificant, it had left an impression on Dogbite, sparking a mixture of curiosity and unease.

As he made his way through the entry, Dogbite's gaze swept over the familiar faces of his patrolmates, searching for Whiskey among them. When he spotted the tom, a rush of conflicting emotions surged within him. On one paw, he felt a sense of relief that Whiskey had seamlessly integrated into Skyclan, without any indication of their prior interaction beyond the two-leg border. On the other paw, he couldn't shake the nagging question that lingered in the back of his mind. Why hadn't Whiskey mentioned our encounter?

Surely, the peculiar tom had been educated on how full-time warriors were shunned from leaving camp. Depositing his hefty rabbit the sun kissed tabby made up their mind. I'll have to play it cool and see what his intentions are. Determined to find an answer, Dogbite approached Whiskey, his heart pounding with a mixture of curiosity and apprehension. He gestured for the newcomer to follow him, head nodding towards the exit. Whether or not the other followed he turned to slip away through the thinning numbers of Skyclanners.

The less attention on them the better. Pushing through the exit and wandering a few fox lengths into the treeline. Now it was him and Whiskey secluded in a small clearing just on the outskirts of camp walls. A place where they could speak freely without the risk of being overheard.

"Hey, Whiskey. I'm sorry to bring you here but I have a question to ask." They began, scratchy voice a hushed whisper in the gloom of night. "You didn't mention meeting me at two-leg place... Why?" His eye carefully intended to meet Whiskey's, searching for any hint of ulterior motives or understanding in the other tom's gaze. The air around them seemed charged with anticipation as the scruffy feline awaited a response, unsure of what might unravel.

• @Whiskey
  • jLfE0mV.png

• ✧ LH cinnamon tabby high white blue eye
    npc x npc ; sibling to crescent and bear
    ✧ skyclan lead warrior ; ex-loner
    ✧ 34 moons old ; birthday 07/01
    ✧ AFAB ; nonbinary ; he/they
    ✧ pansexual ; polyromantic ; single
    "speech", thought, attack, powerplay
    ✧ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✧ penned by tasmagoric

Whiskey had decided it was best to stay within the hollow of SkyClan's camp that night - at least for a little bit after the sun went down - as he was more interested in the life of the clan when it was dark than he was in going home to return to his housefolk. He quite liked SkyClan as a whole and though he didn't think he'd ever be able to truly leave his housefolk behind - he'd known them his whole life, they were a part of his family as much as SkyClan was becoming part of it - he was still curious to learn so was fine with not going home right away.

When Dogbite signaled for him to follow a frown creased the tom's lips for just a moment before it was shaken away and quickly he'd do as asked, moving outside the gorse walls and around the corner. A perfect spot for a conversation it was noticed, too far out of the way to be heard but close enough to be gotten if need-be. He watched Dogbite's expression as he spoke in hushed tone, head nodding slightly at the mention of a question, and when it was asked he couldn't help the slightly amused look on his face or the exhale of air that forced it's way from nostrils.

"You didn't mention it either." He'd begin, not in an accusatory way but simply stating facts. "You seemed to not want it mentioned, so I didn't." It was a simple answer, the truth of it all. Still he couldn't get the question out of his head of "Why?" Sure he'd heard bits and pieces of it being frowned upon for cats to leave the camp on their own due to the dangers that the territories possessed but Dogbite had been fine, had clearly known what he was doing, and though Whiskey didn't fully understand the differences in ranks in the clan he knew that the other was also a lead warrior, and though he didn't know fully what that meant Whiskey knew in some way that it meant Dogbite was in charge somehow.

• --
  • 29560776_fGVPywrvWWSPJWJ.png
  • SH chocolate/chocolate chimera w/low white & yellow eyes
    42 moons old; ages the 15th every month
    bisexual biromantic ; not currently in a relationship, not looking
    currently mentoring none
    in same clan easy to interact with, outside of clan is more gruff
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    excels in combat, hard in battles
    peaceful powerplay and healing allowed

Shock lit across their scarred muzzle. The clear lack of accusation or judgment was surprising. Dogbite's ear flicked at Whiskey's reply, and he couldn't help but feel a twinge of relief at the straightforwardness of the answer. So he doesn't know? For a split second they're tempted to play it off but their subconscious nagged against it.

No. That's not right. Let's not make a bad situation worse.

Raising his voice a touch, he properly addresses the tom. "You're right I didn't mention it either." Dogbite conceded, the earlier tension pinching their shoulders together. "Actually, I should be honest with you, Whiskey." Mentally preparing, his head tilted away from the newcomer, guilt twinging his next words. "I asked because I didn't want to raise any suspicions about why I was there. Leaving the camp without a reason is frowned upon, especially for a Lead Warrior." They sighed, glancing up at the moonlight filtering through the branches above.

"Crossing the border is an even more egregious act as a full-time Skyclanner." Shame trickled down his spine and their throat felt tighter. "I'm sorry to keep you from your two-legs over this but I need to know we have an understanding." The tabby continued, gruff tone softening, and head dipping back down to level with Whiskey's gaze. "Please, don't tell any cat I was there. It's pathetic of me to ask this of you, but I—" Swallowing harshly, the speckled feline confesses with flat tattered ears.

Hesitant to delve into his own problems. "I—I was suffocating and needed a moment to breathe. Away from all the noise." Their eye drops to the ground, as a familiar burning starts. "To mourn the loss of a cat I loved." Grief, raw and startling, bled into every syllable. It was heinous to bring Applefrost into their mistakes but he was in no way going to bare his soul for a complete stranger.

Still, the Lead felt hideous for roping the other into his problems.

Face scrunching up with anxiety, his eye grew glossy at the admittance. Quietly and solemnly, he waited for the other's verdict. They couldn't blame Whiskey if he turned tail and called upon Orangestar right there and then.

• ✧ LH cinnamon tabby high white blue eye
    npc x npc ; sibling to crescent and bear
    ✧ skyclan lead warrior ; ex-loner
    ✧ 34 moons old ; birthday 07/01
    ✧ AFAB ; nonbinary ; he/they
    ✧ pansexual ; polyromantic ; single
    "speech", thought, attack, powerplay
    ✧ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✧ penned by tasmagoric