THE STAGE IS FULL OF MISCAST PEOPLE — figpaw

Blazestar has not been as observant as he should be. Trapped in his own head, concerned about missing cats, about ThunderClan's territory dispute with RiverClan, about the daughters he will never meet - and more. It has truly been nearly seasons since Blazestar has been the leader he should be, who is involved in the affairs of his Clanmates, paying attention to their daily lives.

He had truthfully not noticed Figpaw's roundness or frequent disappearances at all, and admittedly, even if he had, would it have mattered to him? Figpaw's mentor is a daylight warrior who is frequently away at her housefolk's nest. And her sudden roundness... well, the part-time warriors, again, all have a certain filled-out look to them, not dependent solely upon forest prey.

When a concerned apprentice comes to him with concerns about Figpaw, Blazestar focuses his gaze on her for the first time in moons. Her belly is more than filled out; the young golden tabby almost resembles Snorlaxmoon more than she does Tallulahwing.

He shakes the cobwebs collecting dust in his brain and beckons the young she-cat into his den, his tail tip flicking. Blazestar is not angry, and hopefully, Figpaw can tell by his body language that he isn't. There's a measured expression on his face as he studies her. "Figpaw. Tallulahwing tells me your training is going well, and you are on track for your ceremony." Despite himself, his blue gaze travels to the leg that had kept her in Dawnglare's den for so long. "You've met many difficulties, and still your mentor believes you nearly ready for warriorhood. You must be proud and ready to serve SkyClan."

Almost jokingly, Blazestar adds, "If you're a good enough hunter to keep a figure like that, I imagine we all have a thing or two to learn from you..." He trails off, but his eyes do not leave her. He is giving her a chance to explain herself.

// @FIGPAW

[ PENNED BY MARQUETTE ]

IMG_0038.gif

The marmalade tabby wasn’t sure if It was an honor or a fright to have been invited inside Blazestar’s den. If this went well she’d probably leave knowing she was on track for her warrior ceremony, maybe Tallulahwing has already approved of it? If this went bad… well… every possible scenario swarmed in the apprentice’s mind.

Settling down she does her best not to let her eyes wander, but she can’t help it! Despite living in SkyClan all her life she’s barely been inside of the leaders den, it felt unfamiliar but still immensely sacred. Forcing herself to fixate her gaze on the leader she straightens her spine and allows an injured leg to sprawl out.

An immense amount of stress leaves her when Blazestar speaks about Tallulahwing’s praise. She nods periodically to his words and a grin forms on her face, ”Of course Blazestar! I want nothing more than to be able to serve my clan a warrior.” She beams, more words were about to tumble off her tongue but the bright hued leader continues.

His jest makes her heart drop into her stomach.
Everyone else was one thing, but now Blazestar was questioning her change in appearance too?!
Figpaw senses that the joke is more than what it appears to be, he knows. Somehow he knows. Her inner voice panics and she feels herself grow rosy red beneath her fur.

For a moment she contemplates lying, but… to lie to her leader? No, she could not. ”…I wish it was because of my hunting abilities.” Hesitantly she begins, her eyes averting him in sheer humiliation. ”…I- I met a friend in the twoleg place, a kitty pet. When I’m with her she shares her food with me.“ But it was leaf-bare, and I was hungry! She wants to protest, but now they’re well into new-leaf and she hasn’t stopped indulging in kittypet pellets. ”I guess I partake a little too much… but its in hope for it to save fresh-kill for others.” Her paws shuffle the ground nervously, and though it sounds like an excuse it is a genuine reason.

”…You won’t delay my warrior ceremony, will you?”

55417772_ks6HUyroX73gwyT.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· FIGPAW, AMAB — she / her
╰ ‣ 11 moons .
╰ ‣ skyclan apprentice . believes in starclan

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like pine nettles & sap, status — 100%
╰ ‣ A red tabby she-cat with orange eyes. Mangled right hind leg.

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ENFP-A ❝
CAMPAIGNER❞ , Gryfindor, Lawful Good
╰ ‣ Excitable, generous, caring, quick-to-act, distrusting, resentful
╰ ‣ finds relative ease relating to others . kind-hearted, will show mercy
╰ ‣ cats of windclan blood or those she deems morally inferior will be met with her ire

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· NPC X DAISYFLIGHT, sister to Greenpaw, Violetpaw, Snowpaw & Butterflypaw
╰ ‣ Pansexual . mistakes admiration for romantic feelings
╰ ‣ Crushing on Fanta
╰ ‣ Apprentice to Tallulahwing
╰ ‣ good fighter . excellent hunter .
╰ ‣ unlikely to start fights . will flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

To her credit, Figpaw does not lie, though he can tell his remark about her figure has embarrassed her. The ginger she-cat seemingly contemplates whether to come clean about the truth -- and Blazestar is relieved when she does. "I met a friend in Twolegplace, a kittypet. When I'm with her she shares her food with me." The Ragdoll's gaze sharpens with interest. "I guess I partake a little too much... but its in hope for it to save fresh-kill for others."

Blazestar frowns, though it isn't one of judgment or outrage. He's not appalled by the admission, like many Clan leaders would be. He'd once eaten his fill of kittypet food, and many warriors in his Clan still live that lifestyle while serving SkyClan as warriors. It would be hypocritical of him to entirely condemn Figpaw, would it not?

Still. Blazestar has to think about the warrior code, about how one's loyalty must first be to their Clan. Figpaw isn't talking about living her life was a warrior by day and a kittypet by night. She's talking about friendship with a cat not in SkyClan. About sharing food -- albeit not prey -- with a cat who does not share her loyalties.

"I will not delay your ceremony," he finally answers her. "But I want you to think about something, Figpaw. Your mentor -- and the other daylight warriors -- put all share loyalty to SkyClan. There is no possibility of them choosing another cat over their Clan." He hopes he can make her see the difference. "But spending time with a kittypet like this... it's dangerously close to having a paw in two worlds, and not in the way Tallulahwing does."

// sorry this is retro as fuck, don't feel like you have to respond lolol

[ PENNED BY MARQUETTE ]